FANATEC - I must be your #1 fan
Just thought I would post this to indicate how fanatical I am or how stupid I am.
I have a set of V3s purchased in February. I started getting issues with the brake pedal registering a signal even when I'm not depressing the brake pedal. I have done numerous trouble shooting prior to contacting Support. The troubleshooting steps I've done are (not in any particular order):
- Confirming I have the latest drivers.
- Reinstalled drivers.
- Connecting the V3s to the PC via USB and updating and calibrating the pedals (auto and manual).
- Connecting the V3s to the PC via the V2.5 wheelbase and calibrating the pedals (auto and manual).
- Reset the V3 pedals to default settings (through Windowns Game Controller)
- Re-flashed the V3 1.3 firmware.
- Taking out the brake performance kit and doing Steps 1 - 4 above.
- Tried the latest Beta drivers.
- Calibrated the pedals in every game I've played it on (iRacing, Assetto Corsa, F1 2019 (Xbox One and PC versions).
After all the above steps, the problem still exists. This causes huge issues in game play as you can imagine. Not hitting top speed, not being able to activate DRS etc.
So, Fanatec are still asking me to try and troubleshoot and in their latest email, they've asked me to remove the load cell and re-insert. I have asked them to confirm if I was to do this, would it void my warranty. I am not a tech head by any means and I am just worried I might break something doing this and they will use this to say I am not covered under warranty.
Other than Peter (Australian Fanatec technician) who proactively sought me out on Facebook to offer help, I must say the other support (from Germany I assume) I have received haven't been ideal.
Anyway, back to the question of whether I am just a Fanatec Fanatic or an idiot...
After all of the above, what did I do? I decided to purchase another set of V3s whilst I await the fix for this. Why did I do that you ask? Because that is how much I love the V3 pedals (when they worked). My plan is to keep both V3s if they manage to fix the faulty one.
Now, I am in the lucky position where I can financially make this "fanatical / stupid" decision. If the new set of V3s fail also, it will turn me off Fanatec forever and look at other products in the market. I know losing me as a customer won't dent their profit / loss, but for me personally, it would be a shame.
Hopefully Fanatec is reading this...and can see me as a customer who has a lot of respect for their products.
Sorry for the long post. But really needed to get this off my chest.
- Windows 10 64 bit (all up-to-date)
- Xbox One
- Drivers - Tried both the latest 328 and also 347 Beta
- Pedals normally connected to 2.5 wheelbase and then to PC when playing PC games and to Xbox when playing Xbox games
- Gear: V2.5 wheelbase, McLaren GT3 wheel, Fanatec H Shifter and brake performance kit
Thanks and regards,