What about v1.5 H-Pattern only

Dear Fanatec,

I was lately wondering.. How much would the V1.5 cost if it comes without the SEQ part? 200? 220? 180? I ask this because I am only interested in the h-pattern part of the shifter.

I like my SEQ next to the wheel, like Colin McRae's Ford Focus. (That where Heusinkveld come in handy)

Would be a pleasure if someone could answer this.

Yours,

Rinus

Comments

• I think no one can answer it, cause it's not available. And I don't think it ever will be, cause that's THE big plus. A seq and H pattern in one.

Heusinkveld should have one available by now, cause I've seen it at the expo on 2018.

• Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited December 2019

Ah well. Heusinkveld stated a few weeks ago they won't release a h-shifter within a few years. I am either hoping on Fanatec to lower the price a bit, cause it's 6 year old technology. It probably because easier/cheaper to produce the shifter, so cost can be lowered. I hate the fact there's literally no competition in this segment. Ofcourse there's SHH, but SHH is a direct rival of the T8HA. I don't wanna talk bout Logitech, lol. There's Pro-Sim and Frex, but Frex is in Japan, and Pro-Sim is for millionairs, or so.

I think it would be awesome for the ecosystem to have a pattern only too. Ideally it would be.

v2.0 pattern for 200/200

v2.0 pattern/seq for 240/260 or so.

then clear the v1.5 batch for 170

A podium shifter would be clearly welcome, but only of if it's a huge step into innovation, durablity, etc instead of a sidestep and giving us extra gimmicks; like a new colour or so.

A CSL Elite shifter would be cool too. Replace the metal housing of the v1.5/v2.0 with more plasticy or so. To lower the price significantly to 130/150ish but with same internals, feeling and durability of the v1.5/v2.0.

There's lots to do. If there's no competition of other companies, then Fanatec should compete within the company itself.

• I’d like to see the Podium shifters split into two devices, a sequential and a H-gate. Go all in on making each feel perfect rather than compromise by putting both in one box.

Maybe have a quick swap plate that attaches to the cockpit, then allows you to remove one and lock the other into place?

• i am still on the fence to buy a 1.5 shifter, but since it's so old and the price is still so high I am afraid to buy cause a 2.0 or a podium shifter would be likely to release every day. By the way used shifters are scarce and they usually ask near the full price too. It's crazy.

First world problems, hehe.