Anybody using Static Shifter Paddles with Podium base?

I have a bit of a dilemma.

I actually bought the SSP's to use with the Drift wheel but even in their closest position they are too far away from the wheel (12cm) when used on a Podium base. Furthermore I wonder how useful they will be while drifting.

When used with another wheel (R330 for example), the SSP's are too close to the shifters on the wheel if I mount the lattter in my favorite position. So if I want to keep the SSP's connected I have to mount the wheel shifters closer.

Maybe I should ditch the SSP's? Anybody else here using SSP's with their Podium base or not much fans of the SSP's?

Comments

• I considered it but realised that there would be the issue you describe. You could use really long bolts and spacers. :-)

• edited December 2019

or find someone with a 3D printer to create a nice spacer

But...this IS something Fanatec needs to look into imo

• No, those solutions wouldn't work as it's both too close and too far away depending on the wheel used. ;)

Was just looking for opinions. I realize the SSP's were developed with the CSL and CSW bases in mind, not the Podium.

The Podium should have it's own SSP's if there is a real demand for it which I doubt. I personally don't think SSP's are a necessity.

I'll remove them, gives me more freedom to configure the shifters of my wheels they way I want them.