UPS lost my order and Fanatec's customer service doesn't do anything

I've order a Podium F1 wheel on the 3rd of December. UPS lost (stole) the package. I had to tell Fanatec's customer service to start an investigation. After a couple of calls to UPS and Fanatec it self, they give me a date, which was 2 days, as the last day of waiting for UPS to find the package, before Fanatec sends me another package. Nothing happened. I called Fanatec's customer service and they kept telling me that they couldn't do anything even though the dead line was passed, hanging up the phone while I was asking for explanation. From that moment on, they don't answer a single call of mine, and I am calling in the 2 hours gap available. They've sent me, though, another email where they ask me to wait for another 2 days, which brings us to today: Do you want to know something? They keep not answering my calls and my emails. I've lost my patience. I don't think I have to start a law suit, but if they keep fooling me, I don't have much choices. Nice way of treating customers.

Comments

• *which was 2 days ago (second line)

• I've also made a proposition to the customer service which was the following: if UPS is too slow to find where the package is, just send me another package. This could have opened up to 2 scenarios: UPS doesn't find the wheel, which it happens to be the case, Fanatec gets its refund, I have my wheel, UPS is rightfully the one who pays for it. UPS finds the wheel, after Fanatec has already sent me another wheel. Fanatec tells UPS to send what they found back to them, and trust me they can ask UPS to do that, because I asked UPS my self for this solution. They didn't want to listen to any of that. Now their time is up.

• Tomas HelmsTomas Helms Member
    edited December 2019

Unfortunately this isnt fanatecs problem and they are probably tired of telling you that because your solutions are silly, it is your problem with ups. You dont seem to understand a few things.

1. What refund would fanatec get from ups, they didnt pay for anything you did!
    2. UPS finds the wheel after your "new" wheel is delivered, its is delivered to you not fanatec, ups cant change where it is shipping mid-shipment

You are the one with the loss not fanatec! You have to open up a case with ups and get a refund. Once you have the refund you purchase another fanatec product. Sucks if you wanted the product now but that the way it works.

It sucks but put the blame where the blame belongs and get it resolved. I get it you now have to wait to get it sorted out without your wheel but crap happens in life, get it out of your head you want the wheel now because unless ups finds it that isnt happening anytime soon, took me 6 months to get a ups refund.

• I'm sorry but the situation is different and I have documented my self with both UPS and Fanatec. 1)Fanatec is responsible as the sender of the package until it is delivered to me. If UPS loses the package and they can't find it UPS must refund Fanatec, not me. I'm not saying that. Those are the rules. You can search for them by your self. 2) I asked UPS and whenever the procedure is closed, they need to notify the sender, not me. And they told me that if Fanatec requests it, they will be forced to send the lost one back to them. Again, I've documented my self.

The case was already opened a while ago, but stil UPS' rules say that it must be the sender to ask for an investigation, I have nothing to do with that. So I will never get refunded by UPS, because the money go back to Fanatec.

Of course I am blaming UPS for losing my package. But I am also blaming Fanatec for their way of not caring too much to find a reasonable solution and the Customer service. By the way I called 3 times, not 100. And they gave me dead line dates that they are not respecting. Period.

The picture is the following: Fanatec has my money. Fanatec needs to fix this with UPS because they are the only one in title to do that. UPS needs to stop putting thieves as drivers. And I have nothing.

• from ups website:

Either the buyer or the seller can reach out to the UPS. The package carrier is able to open a claim to try to locate your package, or an insurance claim to cover the insured value of your package. You will need the tracking number, proof of the value of the item, and proof of insurance (if purchased).

I wouldnt wait on fanatec

• This is from the Fanatec website under "Shipping". Pay attention to the last paragraph. You may not like it but it's the way it is unfortunately.

Keith

FedEx Ground Service

The standard choice for routine shipments. Reaches every urban and rural address throughout the 48 contiguous states.

Average delivery time is 5-7 business days, with guaranteed delivery dates for commercial addresses. Delivery to some remote residential areas may take additional days.

FedEx express shipping services

Express shipping refers to the shipping time provided by our delivery partner and not to the processing time of an order. Please note also, that our delivery partners do not deliver on weekends.

FedEx service option "signature upon delivery"

We offer the option "delivery upon signature". We recommend the use of this service, otherwise the customer is responsible for any lost or non-delivered products.

• To answer Keith, this is FedEx, not UPS. UPS works the way I said it. So I'm not responsible for a package I didn't receive. It's still Fanatec. Trust me, I am now an expert. Tomas, the procedure was already started but the dead line date that Fanatec guaranteed me for UPS to close it was not respected. That is why I'm upset. And the fact that they didn't answer my emails and calls doesn't make me think they are fairly handling this issue. Sorry, that's the way I see it. If someone can tag a guy from Fanatec that can take a decision, I would appreciate it.

• My apologies Francesco.

V/R

Keith.

• Cheers Keith, no problem.

• Well I hope UPS gave you an Investigation Number for your claims.

Also, I hope that you have initiated a dispute with your credit card/ pay pal.

You will get Fanatec's attention when the money leaves their bank account and goes back to yours.

Good luck!

• ok I understand, good luck Francesco, this is terrible.

• Thanks for being interested. Now I know you understand the reason why I am not happy with them. They could have handled it better.

• Yes, UPS gave me the Investigation number but it hasn’t changed its “searching for the package “ status for ages. I also have started a procedure with PayPal that I will soon translate into a proper claim if they don’t send me another wheel on Monday.

• It will take a while but it will be resolved. Watch this -

• Tomas HelmsTomas Helms Member
    edited December 2019

Getting upset at Fanatec is putting your anger in the wrong place. Now I dont understand how a company as big as fantec doesnt have phone support, takes a week off at the holidays, etc but we all know this when we purchase the products.

The problem is the drivers every movement is tracked by UPS, FEDex etc, so now they dont care they just drop it off knowing if there is a problem... its your problem, they except the loss, of course you dont get your product until it is resolved. I ordered a 9.9hp yahama outboard boat engine and the company required a signature and time of delivery, I get home one day and a large box with yahama printed on the outside of the box was sitting on my porch in a busy flat, I was pissed!

Companies have to have polices in place to handle these situations to keep happy customers. It looks like Fanatec does but if your expectations is to get your product with in a day or two of original delivery your going to be disappointed. Amazon has spoiled us, if there is a problem they have24 hour service and they send replacement immediatly. Smaller companies dont have this luxury. It sucks, your not going to get the product in a timely manner, its a hassle for you, but it will get resolved.

• Tomas, I didn’t ask to fix the issue in one day. The delay is more than 2 weeks and doesn’t seem to come to an end. Once again it is also my problem because I didn’t receive what I ordered but it is also Fanatec’s problem because until a package is delivered, they are responsible as sender. Being responsible of the delivery of the package means that even if UPS loses the package 100 times, it’s their issue with them, but they need to make sure that the customer receives the package, otherwise they are not fullfilling their obligation. Of course then UPS will be charged of the failure but that is between the sender and UPS. So the solution in the first place of sending me another package without necessarly waiting for UPS to finish the investigation is not a pleasure Fanatec would do to me but it’s their obligation. If we want to put it in this way, I was making them a pleasure of being reasonable and waiting for them. But if Fanatec guarantees me that the issue with UPS will be fixed within a date they don’t respect and the customer service, knowing I’m asking for explanation won’t answer my calls and emails, excuse me but my cool slips away with that. My anger goes mainly to UPS because not only they lost the package, and by the way the last time it was scanned it was an arrival in their facility, so it didn’t disappear traveling but it was stolen there, but they are also taking all the time they want but part of my anger goes to Fanatec because they are not respecting the rules as seller which again consist, at least in my case with the responsibility that stays to the sender, in making sure the product is delivered, no matter what happens with the delivery company.

• It is different though because Fanatec needed to make sure that the package was not delivered. In my case there are no doubts. Anyway thanks for the encouragement but waiting for a month is not in my plans. Again, the situation is clear here.

• That must be some nightmare of the worst kind you're going through. My heart goes out to you. And it's a Podium F1 wheel to boot eh, which ain't exactly cheap. Hope it gets resolved soon and good customer service prevails.

One question. Are you sure the shipping address was the correct address? Can you confirm?

• Thanks man. Yes the address was correct. The fact is that UPS lost the package in a intermediate facility, 600 KM away from me. It's not like they have delivered to the wrong address. It was lost while it was stored in the warehouse which by the way is very suspect from UPS since the last time the package was registered is on Friday, so with all the available time to steal it. If that's UPS' idea of being a reliable and safe courier then commerce in in trouble.

• Keeping fingers crossed your issue would be resolved soon. I have a feeling the package may just have been misplaced in storage somewhere. Not a common occurrence but it can still happen. Still remains very frustrating for you though. Please do keep us updated.

• I would contact credit card company and file a dispute. I has worked for me many times.

• it sure is Fantecs problem they are the shipper. by there rules the shipper can olny file the loss.

• Frank CroceFrank Croce Member
    edited December 2019

OP don't let Fanatec make there problem yours, I don't care what fanatec says it means nothing. They are the shipper not you so if they refuse to deal with THERE problem contact your credit card company and stop payment then you will see how fast it becomes there problem again. I have done this many times and was successful every time, you have rights don't them or anyone else push you around. If this is how they treat there customers maybe its time to look else where. Maybe this is how they do business in there country but its not how any company that appreciates there customers here in the USA would handle this, where not talking about a $50 item here.

• Exactly. Luckily I used Paypal for it, so the procedure is pretty clear. As you said it has always been their problem, in terms of fulfilling their obligation. I was reasonable enough to wait for them to fix it with UPS but I will take it no more than this. Tomorrow is their last chance, also because after it, Christmas dates are going to slow down even further my order. Not to mention that if at the end of the day the refund via PayPal is the successful fix to the issue, I’m not going to buy anything from them again, ever.

• Fanatec should have sent a replacement to you as soon as it was clear the first shipment was lost. UPS contract is with Fanatec - finding the lost parcel is between those parties and is not your responsibility.

Your second sentence explains the OPs frustration with Fanatec and contradicts your first sentence.

• MAJOR UPDATE. Fanatec is sending me another wheel. UPS search is still in progress but after another email I sent them, in which I made clear that the responsibility was still on their back, I've received a confirmation with also an express delivery. I keep my fingers crossed until I get my package delivered. I don't wish to anyone to experience this and before I come to my final conclusions, I still want to wait for the delivery which I'm conjecturing to be around the 27th-28th. If UPS "loses" this package too, I swear I'm calling the police and having their drivers arrested.

• I'm glad the right thing has been done. :-) Enjoy!!