Podium Button Module Endurance Software Package v1.2 [Incl. Instructions] (Only Podium DD)

Comments

• Nice!!! Thanks for the Quick Reply...

Happy Holiday😆

• So I went through the entire update process and everything SEEMS fine, but nothing is displayed on the Endurance Button Box Module, only on the DD2 wheel base itself, as it usually does.

Is there a way to get the display working on the Endurance module with some button presses? I didnt see anything in the quick guide

• Did you plug it in???

Don't Do like I did and Forget to Plug it in to the Hub via the USB C connection🤣🤣🤣

• Ye I did. I figured out the button combo to see it on the screen though. It's finnicky, but it works.

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited December 2019

Updating Podium Hub from v1 to V2, apparently i haven't done this yet.

i have the package from the web store loaded, everything but the hub v2 update.

Will this will put my buttons right?

if it comes from a downgrade to 352 or something, im good, i can live with reverse buttons.

• My leds have a mind of their own on iRacing. They work perfectly sometimes and sometimes they don’t turn on at all 🤷🏻

• i have this issue on Gt Sport as well and no led support at all on Wreckfest (that's probably all wreckfest) ,but maybe you're on Podium Hub v1 too?

• I have to check but I think I’m done until the next update. Lol. I finally have things working semi decent. Have spent more time configuring/troubleshooting than actually driving haha

• Anyone notice the shifters when pressed show up fine, but the 2nd shifter paddles are reveresed with the Endurance module updates? When i click the right one, the left one lights up in the driver

• Are you on the latest driver 353 with base firmware 670rev1819, BME firmware v9 and P HUB Firmware v2?

• No, my podium hub has V1,

the Hub cant find an update nor can i.

I have all of that loaded except for the Podium V2?

Cant find it in the package, Do u have a file name i can search?

• The P Hub firmware v2 is included in the driver. However, it can only be found if you disconnect the USB cable of the BME. Then a poput will show in the driver menu which tells you that your P HUB Firmware is not the most recent one. Just flash it, no hex file needed, and all issues should be resolved.

• i fixed the issue by updating Podium Hub firmware as well (this wasn't listed in the instructions as far as I saw).

edited December 2019

HaZah! Podium Hub V2 achieved, I had my 5 year old follow those instructions, but it is still off from the playstation button map.

Aj up and down are Inverted

#4 is the Ps not r3

#6 and #7 are reversed

#8 is Cross not Square

#9 is Square not the PS.

Does the Podium Hub have a shake motor inside like the F1 or other Clubsport Products?

• Yes, wrong button mapping on consoles is still a known issue of the firmware.

edited December 2019

Aj ip/down inverted and Im sure the BME screen having both messages displayed on the FFB INT screen is known too.

• Cool, im all sorted then and works as expected, the flashy light things sux a lil though.

• Ward PatersonWard Paterson Member
    edited December 2019

#Fail............ And this would be false advertising on the store page then. So glad I didnt drop the $$ on this wheel now.

• Lars JoschkoLars Joschko Member
    edited December 2019

Why it is false advertising? It works on PS4 (just tried) the display works in legacy mode. Means that you get the same information like on all other wheels. It is all to the limitations of consoles, I believe we have to wait for the next gen, hopefully thing get sorted there and the adware will be supported as well.

recently switched to a high end gaming PC, worth every penny. Only driving on PS4 with friends of mine who haven’t a PC.

• Gagaryn .Gagaryn . Member
    edited December 2019

From the same page you very selectively quoted from -

COMPATIBILITY

Platforms

Wheel Bases:

• PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
    • PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
    • PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Note: While the Podium Hub is fully supported by our CSL and ClubSport wheel bases, the Podium Button Module Endurance is currently only compatible with the Podium Series direct drive systems. Compatibility to the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 will follow in a future firmware update, with the display operating in Legacy Mode.

Platforms

• Xbox One®: the Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R is not compatible with Xbox One.
    • PC and other Platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheel bases will remain unchanged.
    • PS4: The functionality of this product on PS4 can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). The full functionality can only be guaranteed on PC; this is also game-dependent. 

That last sentence is the important one. IMHO you made the right decision - rather than drop the $$ on a fancy wheel you would be better investing in a more suitable platform for sim racing, i.e. ditch the ancient console and build a PC. You're welcome. 😂

• All you guys using PC should not be so ignorant and elitist. these days console and PC are basically the same and becoming more so every day and is intended as such by the industry . So the the only thing lame and old is the argument that a pc is better than a console.

Having a APU or a separate CPU /GPU, only makes ray tracing cost $$900 extra?

Be honest with yourself, does spending $1k on a pc that will barely push 4k make you a better sim racer than someone on a 4k ps4 pro/xb1 or does it make you feel better about yourself talking down to people who are?

Look around and smell the dirt, its being shoveled around you and the dead pc console war as you will be able to irace on a Xbox in less than a year.

A suitable sim platform is one which gets u running, period.

So stoopid.

The Day Fanatec Made a Sony product, was the day i realized this? The day Microsoft and Sony announced they would team on a steam like platform was the day the gaming community should of realized it.

This 911 GT3 rim works the same on pc or ps4, the word here is works and it does enough for now, so everyone chill.

Exclusivity will get you alone eventually, and in the case of gaming, it will get you less revenue as you're separating users rather than bringing them together.

• Having compatibility with all three platforms is what made me choose for Fanatec.

• It's neither ignorant nor elitist to point out that there are advantages to racing on PC. I have raced on both console and PC - I spent much longer on PS4 than I have been on PC so I understand the differences. The main thing that makes the difference between two boxes (a console and a PC) is the operating system and the software they can support. That's where the advantage of using a PC lies - it gives the user the ability to use third party software (in the case of the PBME, Fanalabs) and it allows third parties the ability to develop and supply this software.

I understand why people are reluctant to use PC's because I've been there. PCs are more hassle than consoles because they are not so strictly controlled software and firmware configuration wise than consoles are by the manufacturers. And PCs are more expensive. I think it is great that Fanatec build products that can be used on consoles. But the limited functionality should be expected on a controlled platform.

• It's not stupid or elitist, it's just a fact! Consoles are limited, PC's aren't!

I think your comment wasn't necessary not even completely true.

At least for now, anyone playing on a console is extremely limited in options, something that doesn't happen with a PC, on a PC you have total freedom to customize everything and anything you can imagine. This is not stupidity or elitist, is just the simple truth...

• fanalab 1.24 installed but it does not start. what do i have to do?

• Thank you, 1 voice of reason. The rest will find out the direction of gaming in less than a year.

Now let get this off cyberbullying and posturing and back to the software .

• Cyberbullying! 🤣

Do you know what confirmation bias is? 😚

• Ward PatersonWard Paterson Member
    edited December 2019

so the ITM works on PS4 the same as PC in compatibility mode? Not from what I've seen.

From what I've seen it only works with Fanalabs on PC.

Having a sticker on a product that says "PS4 ready" is incorrect, when in fact, it should read "PS4 compatibility"....

Fanatec should specifically stipulate the ITM does not have full functionality on Xbox/PS4 platforms. Maybe their english is bad or they don't want to tell the truth about the product. I'm guessing its the later, which is pretty stupid because you end up with a load of unhappy customers..

@Gagaryn - As far as moving to PC, I'd rather not become a wanker like you mate.

This discussion has been closed.