Fanatec wheel off by 1 degree

I am trying to calibrate my CSL Elite steering wheel and no matter what i try it comes up as 1 degree off within iRacing. I centre it as 0 on the fanatec software and it appears either 1 degree to the left or 1 degree to the right when calibrated in iRacing, it means when i think im driving straight im slowly going to a side.

In the Fanatec software it has the full range of motion and correctly goes 0-32767 However in iRacing calibrating, turning all the way to the left the lowest value is 1, highest being 60504.

Is this correct? I feel like turning the wheel all the way to the left should say 0? Is that where I am somehow losing 1 degree? Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Comments

• What do you have the SEN set to on the wheel? Try Auto or 1080 on the wheel itself and see if that changes things in iRacing.

• Thanks for the suggestion, have tried both and it still seems to be 1 degree off unfortunately..

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Aarun,

Do you experience this in other games? It might be an iRacing calibration issue rather than a hardware issue.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• i think its an iracing thing/issue/quirk

My Logitech G920 was off by one degree from full range of motion and 1 degree off center and now so is my DD1 lol

• edited February 2021

Press options and rotate your wheel fully either to the left or right, depending on what side the offcentre is, DONT calibrate just rotate, centre it... Should be alligned... I have to do it after every single setup change and every time i join a lobby, especially the 911rsr seems to suffer from this issue