V3 pedal calibration question for Iracing

Hi!

Just curious how everyone is calibrating their V3 pedals for Iracing. I understand what needs to be done but have questions on the actual wheel settings when doing the calibration- specifically the BRF setting.

1. When setting Max-Min settings in the Fanatec calibration tool, do you have BRF at 100, OFF, or some place in between?
  2. When calibrating the pedals in Iracing do you have BRF set to 100, OFF, or some place else?

Depending on how I calibrate (BRF OFF, 100, etc.) I get very different pedal feels. Doing the calibration with BRF OFF in Iracing, then setting it to 40 feels completely different than doing the calibration with BRF at 100 and then setting it to 40. Any thoughts will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Psql .Psql . Member
    edited August 2020

Just look at the values iRacing registers as min and max values. In both cases you should be able to set the same value for max brake. I think the value should be 32767 for the V3 pedals.

With BRF at 100 you probably only calibrated a value of for example 20000. That is not the max the pedals can return. When you dail back brf back to 40, it will be to easy to reach 100% brake. While in the other case max value iRacing knows is 32767. With BRF at 40 and you brake ideal for you, the pedal will return always a value of for example 17500. With the BRF calibration of 32767 the 17500 is only about 50% of brake force in game. For the BRF calibration value of 20000 the 17500 is close to 100% of brake force thus resulting in different pedal feel and to soon at 100% brake force.

Just always register the max value the brake pedal can return I think the V3’s is the 32767 value. Then go play with the BRF setting to set it to your liking. If with BRF at 100 you can not reach max brake value during calibration, then use a low BRF setting to always get max value for calibration and after that go drive and fine tune BRF value to what works best for you.

• What i did was set the "BRF" in Fanalabs to "MIN"

Set the "Force Factor" in iRacing to "0.00" and then calibrate for full travel

Do test sessions or AI races with the AI set to "25%-50%" on a track with a mix of turns where different styles of braking is necessary like hard braking at the end of a long straightaway, turns that tighten requiring smooth and gradual increase in pressure, turns that open up, sweepers, chicanes, turns that require trail braking, etc. Think a track like Catalunya GP, Sebring, Monza, Silverstone, or my personal fave, Lime Rock GP.

If you havent already, adjust your V3's brake pedal preload cylinder to where it feels good for you and recalibrate in iRacing.

I personally like a brake pedal that has a little travel that gets very heavy/hard fairly quickly, so I set my preload to the maximum and backed off from there till I found the sweet spot.

My suggestions is, if you found the sweet spot for how the pedal feels when you physically depress it, but you find that you lock up too easily, then I would first increase the "force factor" in iRacing by 0.10 at a time till it becomes consistent and predictable to your liking. My personal preference is to need the brake pedal 90%-100% fully depressed for the brakes to lock up.

If you have the Damper Kit, then you can get away with having your preload somewhere in the middle or maybe even a little bit lower, and then just adjust the damper harder if you play other racing titles or drive the open wheel cars in iRacing, or lower if you free roam or cruise in games like Assetto Corsa in mod maps or Forza Horizon...