ClubSport Shifter feels gritty in sequential mode

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to smooth out the feeling of the ClubSport Shifter SQ v1.5 while in sequential mode. It feels like I'm shifting through sandy grease only in that mode. I thought it would loosen up after a while, but doesn't seem to be the case.

My next move will be to dissemble the unit and look for any obvious cause, but I'd love to hear from anybody who has had a similar issue before I go there.

Comments

• Don't take it apart. Your shifter should have come with an allen key wrench. It can be inserted into the left side of the shifter body. Insert and slowly turn to the left. This will reduce tension and make the shifter easier to change gears without the gritty feeling.

• Do you want the sequential mode to feel like there is no click in either direction? Almost like a handbrake sort of action? If so, the above information can make that possible.

If you mean you actually feel like grains of debris inside the unit, there might be some chilunks of metal or plastic floating around in the grease of the casted gate at the bottom.

And you cant feel any of the gritty action when in h-pattern mode?