HELP - Universal Hub + WRC Wheel for PS4?

edited September 2020 in Fanatec Other

Hi community, I'm a noob here in Fanatec and I need a bit of help from you.

I'm owner of a CSL Elite F1® Set for Playstation 4.

I was thinking about buying this combination:

• WRC wheel
  • Clubsport Quick release adapter
  • Clubsport Universal HUB to add some more buttons and switches

BUT (here's the part where I ask for help) I've seen the Clubsport Universal HUB is made for XBOX. I believe it is also PS4 compatible because it's called "universal" but I'm not really sure if it has the Playstation buttons and icons (X,O, L1, L2, L3....you know).

I've seen on internet there's a Playstation version... (LINK)... but I can't find it on Fanatec website.

Is this Playstation version available? is it the XBOX version but using a different set of buttons I can't find?

I also appreciate opinions and suggestions about this configuration.

Thank you!!

Comments

• Are you wanting the extra buttons to work as a seperate button box? The wheel itself already has all the bottons you need to play most games.

• edited September 2020

I always like to modify car settings while driving. That needs some extra switches ...and also I like the way it looks in my mind.

This universal hub is the only option I know to add extra switches.

• Here's a 2014 video. I don't know if this product is no longer available or is the same as XBOX and I need to buy separate buttons

• Psql .Psql . Member
    edited September 2020

The Universal Hub + WRC wheel combination will not work. The WRC wheel is not mountable to the Universal hub. Also the buttons of the universal hub are not mountable on the WRC wheel.

The Universal Hub is called Universal because you can adapt a lot of different "Standard" wheels (Momo, Sparco, etc) with different bolt patterns and you are very flexible with the button locations and how much you add (1 cluster or all 4 clusters etc.).

The Universal Hub you found on Amazon is the old one and is not for sale anymore since 4 plus years or so. Only the Xbox version is there and it doesn't include PS buttons. Same for the WRC wheel also is for Xbox and is not coming with PS buttons.

You have the option between the WRC wheel + Clubsport Quick Release or the Xbox Universal Hub with a wheel like the R330. You can not combine the options in your start post.

• Thanks Pasqual, that is the kind of reply I was looking for.

So my best option would be:

- WRC wheel + button stickers + quick release

I also like the option of a ClubSport Steering Wheel GT Alcantara + button stickers but that's a different story

Thank you again, you helped me a lot

• The Fanatec Button stickers will not work with the WRC wheel.

• Really?? 🤣🤣

Thanks for your advice, I'd feel really stupid If I buy the stickers and they don't match.

Anyway I've just seen the WRC wheel has it's own alternative button set, so I can add some more realistic ones. They're not the PS4 buttons but not a big problem, I think they also look good.