Fanatec Beta Driver v250 (incl. new firmwares) [25/05/2016]

Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
This is the latest BETA driver/firmware package for our current product line-up. Please only use this new test software if you have extended knowledge about your Fanatec devices, driver and firmware installation processes. You should be capable of reverting driver/firmware versions if you are having issues AFTER you provided such important feedback.

There is no official support for beta software. Please post your results in this forum thread!

Supported devices: 
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base (new firmware included)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2 (new firmware included)
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S (Firmware 756)
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 (Firmware 756)
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 v2 (Firmware 756)
  • Fanatec CSR (Firmware 756)
  • Fanatec CSR Elite (Firmware 757)
  • CS USB Adapter (handbrake or shifter firmware / new firmware included)

All types of Fanatec Pedals can be used by connecting them to those Fanatec Wheels and Wheel Bases (except the original wireless Porsche Wheel Turbo Pedals). 
Supported USB pedal sets:
  • CSP V1/V2
  • CSP V3 (New firmware included)
  • CSR Elite Pedals

If you find any issues please post clear steps how the issue can be repoduced.
Please make sure that you mention as much information as possible (products/hardware involved, OS version, FW version, etc.) when you are describing problems with the new software. Videos/screenshots might ge a great help to analyze the issue.

Fanatec Driver v250 Changelog:

New firmwares integrated:
   - CSW V2 Base : CSW_V2_Base_V176_rev708_app
   - CSW V1 Base : CSW_Base_V175_rev707_app
   - CSP V3           : CSPV3_APP_01V30
   - CSUSB-GS      : CSS-GEAR-APP_V1_12
   - CSUSB-HB      : CSS-Handbrake-APP-V1_9

Driver CHANGES since v231:
  • Improved handling of software first install scenario for Wheel Base and Pedals connected in parallel. 
  • Filter driver update for the SDK to read firmware version and connected pedals.
  • Fixed dynamic changes in FFB parameters.
  • Updated RP1X picture in the Control Panel.
  • Enabled CSUSB Gearshift SQ Mode in Control Panel to always show inputs.
  • Enabled "Mouse" tab in Control Panel to always visible.
  • Minor button size and location adjustments in the Wheel Control Panel.
  • Implemented notification in the installer if Windows 7 Update KB3033929 is not installed.
  • Various updates in the Wheel Control Panel.
  • Auto generated error logs for setup. Saved at public dir., e.g."C:\Users\Public\FWFanatecSetup.log".
    Updated firmware updater log files for wheel base, usb adapter and pedals.
    Saved at public dir., e.g."C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs\FWFanatecSetup.log".
  • Fixed FFB GetEffectStatus routine.
  • Updated LED translator for CSL P1 Steering Wheel.
  • Other minor updates.

CSW V1/V2 firmware changes (since FW 141/142):
  • Changed USB Product string descriptors:
    CSW V1:        FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base
    CSW V2:        FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base V2
  • H-gated shifter handling optimized.
  • Wheel base does not pass on shifter signals if shifter calibration has not been performed.
  • Shifter calibration procedure can't be entered if no 7GS is connected.
  • Shifter calibration routine is entered automatically after FW flash or when connecting an h-gated shifter the first time. Display shows "SFT CAL" (=shifter calibration).
  • Other minor updates.
This thread is for beta driver feedback/discussions only! The new CSW V2 firmware can be discussed in the specific sub-forum:

CSP V3 firmware changes (since FW 1V23):
  • CS Handbrake auto-calibration optimized
  • CS Handbrake manual calibration optimized
  • Other minor updates.
This new CSP V3 firmware can be discussed in its own sub-forum:
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/193/csp-v3-firmware-1v30-beta-may-2016

CSUSB-HB firmware changes:
  • CS Handbrake auto-calibration optimized
  • CS Handbrake manual calibration optimized

CSUSB-GS firmware changes:
  • H-gated shifter handling optimized.

Additional information for Windows 7 (SP1):
Windows 7 Update KB3033929 (to avoid > Windows Security message for unverified driver software) is needed if not yet installed.

Our driver should already has a check for Update KB3033929 if not installed.

Thank you very much and have fun testing!

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Firmware update complete on all peripherals with no issues. Smooth as butter. Now to run the game tests.
  • hi I have a problem I did the procedure for updating of the database but when I insert the wheel me disconette the usb from pc, if I turn off the PC and the power back up I do not detect any flying what should I do ?? I did it even before the old fw !!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Not sure I understand exactly what you are saying but if you mean the wheel is not being recognized did you make sure to switch to PC mode Double Squares+Y
  • Check first if your power supply works. Is the green light on it lit ? If not, check if the power cord is pressed in good enough. If green light isn't lit contact support, your power supply is toast. If the green light is lit and still can't turn on the V2...something is wrong with your base, contact support.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited May 2016
    @ gianpy Please contact our support team. It does not sound like a FW or driver issue but you should test the wheel on another PC to make sure.
  • cmq I had the same problem even before it passed to the new fw !!!!!!
    edited May 2016
    Hi,

if it is not related to beta firmware or driver then this is not the right place for posting and discussing your issue. I checked up with our support team and we did not receive a support case from you. Please create one and send all documentation you have for us to illustrate the problem:

Armin
  • ok ok! !thank yuo
  • edited June 2016
    Been having issues with my P1 Wheel on PC. Just tried updating the drivers with this beta and it is still not working. Tried it on several computers.  Still shows the BMW GT2 rim attached to my CSW V2 instead of the P1.  Once I loaded the Fanatec Wheel properties it would ask me to upgrade the firmware to 176.  It still did not work.

The Xbox one Universal Wheel Hub works great though.

Here is a link with the original issue I was having: http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/22514-fanatec-p1-xbox-one-wheel-help/

CRM:000053003832 - Will EMail logs

• Try updating the base again without the wheel, then reattach the P1 when base is powered of. Turn base power on and see what happens.
    @ Felinni Marinas
    May I ask why you are posting this in the isrtv forum and here instead contacting Fanatec support to get a fast solution? 
  • Hi, 

since the latest official driver i noticed a high pitched buzzing sound. Lately i tried the beta driver without success. Anyone got an idea to fix it?
  • Tarmo VallistTarmo Vallist Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi, 

since the latest official driver i noticed a high pitched buzzing sound. Lately i tried the beta driver without success. Anyone got an idea to fix it?
    Contact Fanatec support, this is hardware issue.
  • First:thx for the perfect support :)

Now, I mean, I feel the oversteer better , in iracing ( audir8) i drive with the p1 wheel which is my favourite because its superlight.
    The only thing by the p1 is that its always in xbox mode at first. but its no problem , push 2 buttons and its in pc mode.
    thx fanatec

fast greetings from austria :)
  • Boot was required during install and notification came up perfectly. After rebooting the system, nothing happened. I didn't know if the driver was installed or not, so I decided to uninstall and install 64bit driver again. 

Tried uninstalling via the 250 driver, didn't work. Status stayed in about 50% so I decided to cancel the uninstall. "One or more property sheets has been left open, please close and try again." Went via windows uninstall, same alert but it uninstalled the driver.

After that hassling, driver installed itself perfectly and firmware updates worked great!  v250 driver removed also a strange sound coming out of the wheel when calibrating and the wheel was turning to right.

I'd like to see deadzone definition in automatic calibration. Atm I want to do manual calibration every time since the brake pedal is so sensitive and I want it to be 0% for sure, and automatic calibration sets the deadzone so close that I might accidentally keep my leg on brake pedal and get 1% braking, which is not wanted. Or other way around, I'd like to see the signal resistance adjustment in manual calibration because it's a very great feature in terms of finding the right preciseness to my brakings.

I'll update more if it comes up, will start doing BWC/WCS practice now with new driver/firmwares. Thanks guys, I hope this helps! =)
  • edited June 2016

Hi, 

I had the same problem when I first bought the wheel. RMA it, they updated (the wheel was also stuck in update mode) it to 116 (i think) the noise was gone.  Now I noticed it started again and after inspecting the wheel I noticed that the noise starts on low rear fan rpm (when it is turning fast it disappears) . Strange thing is that after updating the wheel to 250 the noise became more high pitch.

To me it looks like a software error or combination of both. Strange thing is that I only seen couple of people with that problem. Maybe it is a bad fan batch?
  • Hi guys.
    Since ive updated to this driver, vibration motor stopped working on my Club Sport Pedals V1. any one has the same issue?
    Win 10

• Hi, 

I had the same problem when I first bought the wheel. RMA it, they updated (the wheel was also stuck in update mode) it to 116 (i think) the noise was gone.  Now I noticed it started again and after inspecting the wheel I noticed that the noise starts on low rear fan rpm (when it is turning fast it disappears) . Strange thing is that after updating the wheel to 250 the noise became more high pitch.

To me it looks like a software error or combination of both. Strange thing is that I only seen couple of people with that problem. Maybe it is a bad fan batch?
    Different firmware versions may have differences in fan management, which can explain the different noise levels. You should always contact Fanatec Support with such issues, as the fan should not make any buzzing noises. Be sure to included a short video of the issue in your support request, to minimize the time spent on communicating back and forth.
  • Hi guys.
    Since ive updated to this driver, vibration motor stopped working on my Club Sport Pedals V1. any one has the same issue?
    Win 10
    Do you still got the driver of the previous firmware, or the hex file of the older firmware ? Try that one again by downgrading in fw and see if the motor works again. That way you can determine if it's the vibration motor itself or beta firmware.
  • Im Just Now seeing this New FW thread... Can any 1 confirm if this FW is Stable enough that i should update... I find FW 142 works very well with PS4 and Pcars...I also use the H Pattern/Sequential Shifter and Hand Brake... I very Rarely Have any problems with either 1 of them Not working Correctly......When i first got the Hand brake i would get Random Hand Brake Readings only 3/4 when fully pulled... while Checkeing the unit I found that the Main Screw that attaches the Hand Brake to the internal push Rod was Loose...After tightening that i have had No Further Problems with Flucruating or Random Hand Brake Readings... In short Every thing with 142 is working Great!!! Even the V3 pedal feel better than Ever after Properly Lubing and breaking them in
  • hello...

during the firmware update the fanatec windows crashed and now the pedals are not recognise anymore from the pc..no sound from usb plug.

I sent a request to fanatec support but i didn't get a reply

Anyone knows ho resolve maybe doing again firmware operation ?

thanks.
    Hi Claudio,

you did send your support request just 24h ago so you will get your answer soon. Alternatively you could move or could have moved to our support chat to get immediate help. That is still possible until 21:00 today. Btw. You do have different 2 different names for the same account. This will not be accepted. Please let me know by PM what is the case here.

THX!
  • Mark RuggieroMark Ruggiero Member
    edited September 2016
    not quite the same problem as Claudio, new pedals v3, ran firmware update as specified in users manual for first time setup and now not recognized in controller menu, so can't open to calibrate or reflash, would sure appreciate some help
  • I guess you have to contact support too, quickest way via chat button option, if available at that time, on the home site of Fanatec
  • Hi,

I tested the new driver yesterday.
    After the installation I got a message that these drivers are not signed correctly. I am on the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build, maybe there are some changes in the background of Windows.

However, I got a other issue:

I updated the Firmware of my ClubSport Handbrake connected by the ClubSport USB Adapter to version 1.9. Then the Handbrake will get recognized only to about 3/4 of the maximum value.

Removing and reconnecting the Handbrake does not help.

I removed 250 Beta and switched back to 231 Beta. I downgraded the Firmware back to 1.5 and the Handbrake works normal again.

Greetings,

Kirsten

• Have you tried calibrating the hb in function test window first with new fw
  • There is no calibration in my function test window:

• can some one tell me what buttons to push to get into PS3 mode again...its been sooo long i forgot.

• Download the manual from the support page.
  • Okay...i think i know why hb is not working properly Kirsten...this was mentioned already. So you better download latest beta firmware here: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/192/csw-v2-firmware-176-beta-27th-may-2016#latest I think on last page there's latest.
This discussion has been closed.