V1 pedal service kit

Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping well during these difficult times!

I have an old set of V1 pedals that are going quite strong. Although my brake pedal does not feel very good. Do the V1 pedals have an oil chamber for the brake pedal? If so, what grade of oil do I need? Is there anything else that I can service to make my pedals feel as close to new as possible? If not, I guess I will have to purchase some V3 pedals a little earlier that I hoped.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Colin

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

You can do maintenance on the pedal shafts if you are comfortable taking it apart. The Brake Performance Kit video will give you a good idea on the steps, even for V1. I would recommend using Silicone PTFE lube.

• There is no oil chamber for the brake. The culprit if you have "crunchy" brake is the PU foam insert. The replacement foam is no longer available from Fanatec. I bought 3rd party part off ebay but they were unusable for me. Even when I used the softest one I could not press the pedal at all.

The stock foam can be made better for a while by cutting off the flared bit around the edge. I think there is a video on that as well. As mentioned use a good lube. I used lithium grease and that seemed fine. I would be interested to know how it compares to the Silicone PTFE lube.

• Thank you both for the replies. I have both lithium grease and PTFE. Will take the brake apart and see what is what.

Thanks again,

Colin