Getting the Best out of CSV2.5 and CSFormulaV2 on xbox?

HI guys,

I was wondering for those who have used or are using a console have any tips on how to get the most out of the wheel base and wheel? I just recently got fanatec equipment and do not quite know how to use fanalab in conjunction with a console. So any advice on other softwares or setups for the wheel that would improve my experience (other than getting a gaming computer) would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Unfortunately it is not possible to use FanaLab on a console, it is PC-only software.

However, the most significant settings that affect force feedback behaviour are directly accessible in the Tuning Menu via the Tuning button on your steering wheel. You can adjust any of these settings on-the-fly in any game, regardless of platform.

Our Recommended Settings is a good starting point for what to do with the Tuning Menu and the In-game settings. But much of this is about personal preference. It is worth experimenting with both the Tuning Menu and In-game settings to find what feels best to you.

A couple of things to bear in mind:

If you run the in-game strength setting too high, it causes detail loss (clipping). It is generally better to run lower in-game strength and higher wheel base (Tuning Menu) strength.

Running lower/negative Drift Mode settings helps to reduce oscillation by adding damping. This feels more stable but can affect your ability to make fast corrections. For a faster response, Drift Mode can be run at higher values. In the case of the V2.5 base, it's hardly ever necessary to go into the positive values (the positive values add artificial acceleration into the rotation, which is unrealistic).

[Fanatec Community Manager]