CSL Elite - Loud Rattle When ABS Kicks In

Hi all

So I've got the entry level CSL Elite PS4 with the basic pedals. This means no vibration motors and no loadcell pedals.

When ABS kicks in, in any car, the wheel rattles loudly and aggressively. It feels overkill and it only seems to happen on iRacing. It feels fine in ACC and other sims.

I've dialled down the Force Intensity slider to 10% and the rattle is nearly gone but I've obviously lost a lot of feedback because of it.

Are there any other tweaks I could do?

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Hawar,

The ABS in iRacing is part of the simulation, is different for every car, and as far as I'm aware is not an effect that can be isolated and reduced/removed (unless iRacing decide to offer such a feature). It's not a good idea to reduce FEI to such a low value, as it can reduce some detail as you say.

Instead, you should avoid triggering the ABS in the first place. If you are getting vibration in every braking zone, that means you are probably braking too hard. Consider the ABS vibration as a helpful warning to back off the brake pedal a bit. I suggest moving the pedal input display nearer the centre of your screen, so that it is in your eye line (Alt+K allows you to move HUD elements in iRacing). Then you will be more aware of your pedal inputs.

Also, you could adjust the Brake Force Factor slider in the iRacing settings. For load cells this should be at zero, but higher values can be helpful for non-load cell brakes.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thank you, that makes sense.

You're right that I am braking too hard and I appreciate the feedback that I am getting of that but it just too much as it rattles so agrressively when FEI is at 100.

But anyway, I understand that it's an iRacing effect that can't be dialled down.

Thanks again!