Weird issue in F1 2020 PS4

Jussi SeilolaJussi Seilola Member
edited November 2020 in F1 20xx

Game overrides manual shifting with automatic in certain game modes like grand prix. I have set manual shifting in assistant settings. When I start grand prix session game runs with automatic shifting. I can still change gears manually (shifters work). What's weird, everything worked perfectly with my old G29. Does anyone else have a same problem? Is it possible it has something to do with Formula V2 wheel? After every sessions led lights and screen on the wheel go wild. Could be some compatibility issues. I have v373 drivers and its firmwares.

Comments

• I found this "You need to go to assists on the main menu, then get from casual mode to standard mode, then change from automatic and either manual or manual with separate clutch, then go to Grand Prix mode and hit whichever button changes to standard mode."

So it seems to be game issue. I don't understand how it worked with G29 without any mode changes but not with Formula v2. Problem is I can't find where to change to standard mode. Annoying

• When you are at the assists tab there will be a window at the top right corner of the screen. You can switch between casual and standard mode by pressing the triangle button.

• Thanks, this can only be setup before each session, not in main menu. Should be possible to setup universally. Developers should go some user experience courses. Now it's not in logical place. I'm not the only one who has been trying to find answers to this "issue". It's unknown why the game changes the mode by itself (without any user interaction).