Breaking points Fanatec CSL Elite vs Logitech G29

After years of happy driving with a Logitech G29 in GTS (driver rating around 40k), I decided to give myself a Corona/Christmas present = Fanatec CSL Elite + loadcell kit. I am testing it for one day and I am very impressed with the build quality and the configurability.

However I immediately noticed one issue: I have to put my breakpoints much earlier than I was used with the G29. I have the feeling I put a wrong setting but I do not know which one. Any tips?

Comments

• 20 is definitely too low. This video describes how to properly set up BRF. Starts at around 8:10

also make sure you’re on the latest v381 driver as well.

• edited January 2021

I agree with Austen, but keep following Table in mind with the CSL Elite pedals and the load cell kit for the max value of brF:

• Hi thought I would chime in here as no one seems to has said this, the load cell break is different to the normal one and as the normal one is about the distance the pedal travels, but the load cell is about the pressure extremely precise braking by pressure rather than travel, so you should actually be breaking much later with the load cell in respect to the normal break, it takes a little while to get the hang of it, but once you do it’s awesome, try and practise stamping on the break so the speed and pressure is like you would do in a real car in an emergency and you will see what I mean, also once you get the hang of it trail breaking is really easy.