Shifter tension

Hi, I have the tension on my H-pattern set to a firmish setting as I like a pretty positive engagement rather than floppy. The issue is when switching to sequential the shift is pretty stiff and sometimes it does not spring back to the middle position which is annoying, The way I have my shifter mounted means I cannot access the adjustment without unmounting it. The item is under a couple of months old so will it loosen over time?

Comments

• Maybe. Just unmount it, adjust to the max where the sequential still centres, then remount.

• Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited January 2021

Goodday,

What I would suggest is the same as Gary. Mount it so that the hole is accessible. I've done the same on my rig.

Another tip is to keep your allen-key close to you. When using the Pattern you keep the firmest. When you toggle SEQ you place the allenkey pointing upwards and do a 360 to loosen the tension, so you can use the SEQ normally. When you done you just do a 360 clockwise and you put it in Pattern again. Its a bit of a workaround, but it's 100000x times faster than unbolting the T8HA every damn time, haha.

Advice: Don't use the SEQ on the firmest tension. It can brake the spring on the bottom.

Another advice: If you've too much money and have a 80/20 rig. Buy another extrusion bar, buy Heusinkveld SEQ, bolt them both next to your wheel. Thats what I did. It resembles the position of the SEQ in a rally car, or like the Ford from Colin McRae. No more hassle with the allenkey, haha.

ps. on the picture the hole is not accessible anymore, because I dont need it at the moment.