DD1 Turns Into An Industrial Jackhammer After Crashing

DD1 turns into a jackhammer after crashing or heavy steering in iRacing. Help!

I’ve had this problem for a while with my DD1. After a heavy crash, or heavy quick left-right steering, my DD1 starts knocking like a jackhammer. This is in iRacing. It’s not just a single heavy bang either. It’s like you’ve turned on the hammer function on an industrial drill, or pneumatic jackhammer. It’ll continue banging like this when I’m stationary and get worse when the car starts moving again. This will continue until i power cycle the DD1. This is very frustrating if it happens during a race because it literally shakes my entire house. It’s that bad. 

At first I thought it was simulating flat spotted tyres, but apparently this isn’t a thing in iRacing. 

I wondered if the problem was iRacing, but if it was, wouldn’t it still be the same after power cycling the DD1?

I can’t find any information after many attempts at looking through the forums and searching the depths of Google. 

I’ve tried different USB ports, rerouting the cables to separate power and signal cables and have even ordered some clip-on ferrites to try and see if I’m still picking up any EMI anywhere. 

I’ve tried lowering my FFB, FEI and have always run my DPR and SPR values at 0 in iRacing. No matter what I do to my settings this problem will still happen when the DD1 seems to get “overloaded”

I bought my DD1 “new, but unused” from eBay last year and I’m terrified it’s faulty as I don’t know if I’ll have any support from Fanatec. 

Is this an issue anyone is aware of and how buggered am I?

Comments

• edited March 2021

sounds a bit like the iRacing issue with how the game interacts with the DPR channel.

Set DPR to OFF and the issue should be gone. Otherwise a video of what you mean would be helpful.

• I’ve always had the DPR set to off, as well as the SPR as iRacing doesn’t use these and I’m aware of the graininess issues they can cause. I’ll get a video done on Monday and post a link here. It’s quite a severe problem, as you’ll see.

• I had the same on my DD2.

Open the iRacing app.ini (its located in /documents/iracing) and set the steeringbumpstop to 200. This alters the aggressiveness of the software bumpstop and that fixed it for me.