ClubSport Handbrake V1.5 unable to calibrate

when i plugged my handbrake in and updated all the software, retstarted, etc etc. i got to the part where ur supposed to calibrate the handbrake but nothing happens when i pull the brake. im using the usb adapter where u dont need a wheel and my g920 wheel.

Comments

• Is the handbrake detected as a controller in Windows? If yes, does it show any input in the Windows game controller window if you just move it?

• Hi Remco,

I'm resurrecting this thread in the hopes someone has ideas. My handbrake 1.5 has recently stopped working. It's out of warranty, but spent most of its life in storage, very little use until recently, it got about a day of use before it stopped working completely. Windows controller settings doesn't recognize input, but it does "see" the handbrake, yet I'm thinking it's only recognizing the USB adapter. When handbrake is plugged into wheel motor (DD Pro) it isn't recognized by anything (Fanatec control panel, or Windows), and the same when its plugged into pedals. The cable appears to be intact, no visible damage. The interior of handbrake shows no sign of visible wire damage, and it appears to be working mechanically fine when you pull the lever, everything moving synchronously. I've taken care to plug things in and power on in the right sequence since I noticed it stop working. The day it stopped being recognized is following a firmware update, but I tested reverting to older software and even returning to a system restore point, and neither resolved issue. My best guess is invisible wire damage or invisible settings inside Fanatec Control Panel that's keeping it from being seen (eg. "looking" for it in the opposite place, when in usb adapter mode it's searching for device in wheel motor or pedals, and when it's plugged into wheel motor or pedals, it's searching for usb adapter, if such a problem is possible.).

Fanatec currently has no replacement cables in stock for me to test that. I'm located in the states, and see some eBay users in the UK offering the cable, but silly expensive price/shipping for US buyers. I'm probably better off going to an electronics store to run tests.

Anyone out there able to help me? Thank you!

David