CSW V2.5 seems to overheat after 20-30 minutes in ACC V1.8+

Guys i have a problem since the ACC V1.8 update. The fan of my CSW 2.5 Wheelbase starts turning at maximum speed after 20-30 minutes of driving. It is very loud and the air has a strange smell of solder. The air blown out is cool and the wheelbase is not warm either. I have now also tested the latest driver including FanaLab (431 / 1.60.6 coming from 423 / 1.60.2) without success, the problem still persists. I've never had this problem before for the past 2 years. It's very irritating and I quit ACC every time because I'm concerned. A short time later the fan is running normally again (approx. 20 seconds later). Can you please test whether this also happens to you? what can I do?

Also tested with DRI = Off (remains the same).

Comments

• Mr FulgoreMr Fulgore Member
    edited December 2021

Hi,

just noticed this last week also, so didn't play it to long after this and went back to "old" AC, i think its the update Frequency off 400hz that create this overheating ..

im still running version 2021.02.01-Fanatec_driver_402

Regards Fulgore

• Thank you Mr Fulgore for your feedback, it's very valuable. 

So I did a test with the 266 Hz setting in ACC 1.8.7 and the problem no longer occurred! (40 min of constant driving and everything stays normal). Of course, this is not a permanent solution for me, as the FFB precision suffers at a frequency accuracy of only 266 Hz. Unfortunately, Kunos has completely removed the 333 Hz setting (was the max setting before the ACC 1.8 update).

To all CSW V2.5 owners, please send a short feedback, whether you also have this problem or not, it would be very helpful for me / us.

To the Fanatec team, I'm a bit disappointed that none of you wrote an answer to this. Can you at least tell me whether this is normal behavior or not? Is there a possibility in the near future to fix this with a new motor firmware or driver? I'm grateful for any feedback.

In the meantime I ask Kunos whether they can make the 333 Hz setting available again.

• Hi Patrick.

did you ever had response from Fanatec or Kunos?

I opened a support case with Fanatec, he would try to pass on the information from their Devs to Kunos Devs. Could not promise anything .

Opened a topic on Ac forum without luck , they just changed my topic from "issue" to "no issue" without any response.

Supporting Kunos since 2013-2014 but their lack off support is one off the worst ones i ever saw in game industrie.

Maybe in the meantime did you fixed it?

i didn't touch my wheel / game not in a long time anymore..

Regards

Fulgore

• I seem to have the same problem - did anyone find a solution?

It sounds like an airplane starting if I play ACC.

• Same here. I have to set 200mhz frequency in game option when playing ACC or my wheelbase scream like a jet. Very poor support from both Fanatec and also Kunos developers