Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• Alex SimonsonAlex Simonson Member
    edited April 2022

Hi Stephen / Nick / Sacha et Al

After many an hour trying various settings on both the Wheel and in game - I have to say that Stephen’s are pretty much spot on in terms of feeling and drivability.

I am on a PS4 (don’t think it makes much difference to the FFB) and using a GT DD Pro with 8nm (with latest beta driver & firmware) and followed near enough Stephen’s settings with just a couple of minor tweaks. I have listed below my wheel & in game settings:

Sensit: Auto

FF Str: 90 (goes up or down a notch depending on the car being driven)

FF Scale: Peak

Nat DPR: Off

Nat Fri: 3 or 4 (just gives a tad more weight to the wheel)

Nat Inert: Off

FF Interp: 01

FE Intens: 100

For Eff: 100

Spr Eff: 100

Dpr Eff: 100

BLI: 94 (am on V3’s)

BRK For: each to their own - am on 53

In game is:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 4 - 5 (depending on car)

Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

I am fortunate enough to have two rigs - one with a DD1 for PC racing (mainly ACC & Iracing) and the one I referenced above, a GT DD Pro for GT 7, GT Sport & F1 and whilst you can’t expect the level of FFB to be the same (different hardware / software) I think the settings above are pretty much (unless they change the / update the FFB in game) as good as it gets.

If you have the Porsche 911 RSR ‘17 take it for a spin at Spa (with all assists off) and hopefully it will put a smile on your face.

• Luke FlemingLuke Fleming Member
    edited April 2022

disregard this comment, could not delete!

• Has anyone had any success mapping additional buttons in GT7 with the latest patch, Directly from the patch notes below - I'd love to add more functionality to my Formula v2.5

22. Steering Controller

- Added extra buttons mapping when attaching replacement wheels such as the Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 to the Fanatec GT DD Pro (only available when the compatible steering wheel is attached):

・Assigned the upper right/left paddles on the Fanatec Podium Advanced Paddle Module to turn signals;

・Assigned the left/right toggle switch to MFD toggle and change features;

・Assigned the analog stick to head turning.

- Changed the function assigned to the left toggle switch to be the MFD menu selection and the function assigned to the right toggle switch to be the MFD value adjustment when a replacement steering wheel such as the Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 is attached to the Fanatec CSL Elite and Fanatec Podium.

• You can not Map them. They are hardcoded into the presets.

• Thanks Alex, those are pretty much the settings I'm running on my DD1, except I'm running FF at 42, & NDP at 35 as recommended on P1 so I'll try mine off and see how it feels - I run BLI at 100 and BRF at 62 with my V3's (with BPK)

I'm running 5 & 1 in game :)

• I would love to have camera on left stick on my F1 Esports wheel on DD Pro base like it was in GTSport but that is obviously too much to expect 🙄

Btw... friend have CSL Elite + base with this new GT wheel from DD Pro and those coloured buttons (TC, BB,...) are not working in GT7. In GTSport they works 🤦🏻‍♂️

• edited April 2022

In GT7 the colored Dpads work with a CSL Elite Base because the GT DD PRO was coded into the preset of the CSL Elite.

In GT7 the GT DD PRO got it's very own preset and as it's a GT licensed wheel the functions of the wheel were hardcoded exclusively into this GT DD PRO preset and therefore wont work on a CSL Elite anymore.

And the left Joystick of your F1 wheel is now working as camera look left and right...

• I think in game on GT7 having max torque and the controller steering sensitivity up (max torque 7, steering sensitivity 8) is way better on my CSL elite at giving me tyre/road force feedback (I’m quicker with it up) whereas my mate prefers SS low. As for wheel settings I have FOR 80, SPR 80, FEI 40 and DPR off. I feel with SS up it makes the car feel more grounded on the straights. Really is annoying thou because I’ve messed about with it all numerous times and even though this is the best I could get for me it still feels like something is missing or just not quite right.

I’ve scoured the net and can’t find clear info on something. I’d love to know what feedback signals A. The game gives out and B. Which in wheel settings control these signals because at the moment it’s a guessing game and trial and error. To know what correlates to what would be nice. Like I’ve read the SPR setting does nothing?… actually that’s a thought, does anyone know if the FEI effects are wheel or game derived?

• I'm a newbie and I have the GT DD Pro 8 NM + Formula V2.5X. Is it normal that this wheel is clipping pretty heavily while driving above curbs in GT7? I guess I should not use the same FF level like with the GT wheel, right?

Can somebody recommend settings for GT7, DD Pro + Formula V2,5X?

Thanks.

• It's not clipping if your in-game torque isn't above 5.

Stick to the recommended settings in the original post and practice. Whatever you lack, it's not Fanatec's "fault", but PD's.

My only deviation from the recommended settings is NDP Off (quicker acceleration), INT 1 (more detail) and FF according to the car being driven (slower cars need higher FF).

• todd palmtodd palm Member
    edited April 2022

I am having an issue with the GT DD pro 8nm playing gran turismo. I am pretty sure I just need serious help with the settings. I am getting insane osculation if i just move the wheel slightly on a straight in this one car on the circuit experiences. I dont have any problems with other cars so far.

I have all settings set to the recommended on the first page here and am using the clubsport steering wheel RS. The track is in France on circuit de sainte croix and driving the Bugatti VGT.

Can anyone test this and lend me their expert opinion? Would love and appreciate to hear what my problem is.

• Louis PassaroLouis Passaro Member
    edited April 2022

I just got the GT DD Pro and primarily use it for PS5 with GT7 and F1 2021.

I have tried tons of settings. Especially all the ones on here. I feel like I’m caught between it feeling like a simulator or feeling like a toy.

The recommended settings feel more ”weighty realistic” to me but the settings Alex posted above give me better average lap times at the cost of perceived realism. The times are maybe .2 or .3 seconds faster.

Since I have never driven over 100 mph in a turn I have no idea how these cars are supposed to feel.

The recommended settings and the settings posted by people on here are so widely different.

• It oscillates for everyone. My advice is to never let go of the wheel. But if it's still disturbing, increase NDP or lower FF or do both.

• The little oscillation when you let go of the wheel is not a big deal to me. But in this one specific car as soon as the first sector starts the wheel will osculate an insane amount and no matter how hard you hold the thing there is no stopping it.

shit just NDP eh. I tried that abit with no success. Ill give it another go. Thanks.

• I found if I reduced the Natural Damper it stopped the wheel oscillation's, which happened on all of the higher powered cars and the rally cars racing on tarmac

• Me too. I did the opposite of what was recommended and reduced it to zero. Otherwise the higher power cars are unplayable. Tomahawk and the like.

• Can anyone please define what the INT function does? How does increasing it or decreasing it supposed to feel when you are turning the wheel?

The Fanatec definition is pretty horrible. “Interpolation smooths and interpolates FFB by filtering game output without FFB detail loss.”

• todd palmtodd palm Member
    edited April 2022

• I found through other peoples settings that you can leave everything at recommended but you need to adjust the FOR force effect. Bringing it down to 80 from 100 almost removes the problem completely. Not sure if im missing some detail now though?

• Imagine the FFB signal coming from the game as a curve. If it's updated "slowly", it looks more like steps than a smooth curve. Intrapolation adds point in-between the steps, making it look more like a smooth curve and less like steps. The wheel feels smoother and more rubbery, but if you increase it too much it might start to feel a bit vague.

I find that I perform best with INT 1 and NDP Off. NDP is just unnecessary in my opinion in all circumstances, but INT Off makes the wheel feel robotic, buzzy and harsh in games with 60 Hz FFB (assuming it's 60 Hz). High INT feels very nice but for me it makes it harder to feel the difference between grip and slip.

• Thank you for the detailed explanation. I appreciate it.

• Just wanted to say thanks for the advice in reducing NDP to zero. So far so good. Things still don’t feel perfect, but they’re better for me. More confidence in the cars and easier to catch oversteer. Tested with a first gen M3 and 996 GT3.

• Nils HolmNils Holm Member
    edited April 2022

I think it's weird that Fanatec and PD cant get a better result of the DD pro 8nm branded GT7. Playing Assetto Corsa with the wheel is fantastic but playing GT 7 is horrible bad compared. How can this be?! I have tried tons of settings including all posted here but still, I get nowhere close to feeling in ACC.

In GT 7 there is no real contact with the car, especially driving in straight lines there are hardly any road effects. It is such a floaty numb feeling like you are 1 m above the road or driving on a slick indoor floor. How can this be? PD really needs to adjust how they have incorporated the DD pro, especially given that it is even GT 7 branded. I can't recommend this game with this setup. Any advice on how to get a better more intense and engaging feeling when driving in GT7?

• edited April 2022

That's because the FFB in GT7 is not as good as in ACC... Nothing which can be done about this...

It's the same also for Thrustmaster and Logitech wheels and is not exclusive to GT DD... It's just how PD made the FFB.

• Its so hard to understand how PD five years after GT Sport comes out with a game with almost identical inferior FFB. Shameful! Why is this crappy FFB not discussed more among reviewers/youtubers? PD needs to develop the FFB asap.

• Why? Because most of them shuts FF, they don't wan't anything that disturb them to be the fastest 😁

And PD, they just don't have that much time to develop and test and they are mainly focused on other things 🤷🏻‍♂️ they need more time

• Shuts FFB off? No...? Many likely lower the intensity, to the point where they feel everything but can react and turn the wheel quickly. GT7 is horrible without FFB.

I and many others like the FFB. For me it's far better than GTS. And I prefer it to the FFB used in ACC. Not sure if PD even believes there's a lot "to fix".

• Its just plain horrible feeling no matter what FFB settings you use. Devs should be given ACC to learn what an even smaler studio can develop - a much more realistic engaging FFB. 5y we waited for GT7 and this is what we got? Shameful.

• Yeah, not completely, but drastickly...

And yes, this.is far better than GTS, but some cars (MR like gr3 audi or lambo) behaves very strange.

After trying different setups, I am back to Fanatec recommended for most cars with 5/1 or 4/1 ingame.

PD now probably trying to correct BoP

• Yep, Audi/Lamborghini Gr.3 need to be driven in corners just on the edge where FFB "dies/clips", where it goes entirely smooth. Keep the wheel there and steer with throttle/brake. Don't turn the wheel beyond this point. And avoid coasting in corners with MR cars... :|

I've heard from people with non-DD wheels that this "edge" is much more difficult to feel.

And yes, my guess is that the FFB is working as intended. All developers have different ideas on how to compensate for lack of G-forces felt in your body. ACC might have the best FFB when combined with a motion rig, but without a motion rig I like the GT7 FFB.