Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• edited April 2022

Definitely have to strongly disagree here.

Even without Motion the ACC FFB is FAR superior to GT7 FFB.

Imho even GTS FFB was better than GT7.. This "on the edge" FFB where you feel absolutely nothing anymore after that point is just bad and has absolutely nothing to do with how a car should (and would irl) feel.

Especially on console there is no better FFB than ACC, not even close..

• Louis PassaroLouis Passaro Member
    edited April 2022

Well, given how they handled the micro transactions I’m not surprised the FFB is substandard.

GT7 appears to be only a slight upgrade from Sport. Almost like they just enhanced the graphics and interface. Slapped on GT7 label and expected to cash in with minimal R&D / investment.

• I tried a dozen recommended settings from others and went back to the Fanatec recommended but turned down the FFB Strength from 100 to 85

• @Maurice, do you concur with the recommended settings posted at the top of this thread? Any specific settings you’d describe as “flexible” and down to user preference? Any that should “definitely” not change?

• Hello,

I have a GT dd pro, and when i'm driving into curb i feel the steering grainy , to prevent this i put the FEI to 40 and it solve my issue but i wan't to know if it is normal or not ?

Thanks

• I think raising Interpolaration would be a better choice since lowering the FEI you just lowering the details.

• edited April 2022

I think the recommended settings are not too bad actually.

As the GT7 Physics and FFB model is not the best on the market where you get a lot of oscillations very easily in a lot of cars and the FFB is rather dull in comparison to other more informative FFB implementations in other games, I like to use a more realistic feeling FFB with some weight in it, hence I would never ever turn off NDP as that just feels completely unrealistic to me, no way would ever drive like this. Also, yes you might be able to catch a slide faster but at the cost that you "overcorrect" slides pretty easily because you dont feel the tire properly. Therefore I use quite a lot of NDP and NFR in this game (which I also normally dont do but in GT7 imo its crucial for a proper driving experience).

Currently I use this settings with my GT DD PRO with BK180:

Tuning Menu Settings:

• SEN Auto
    • FF 100
    • FFS Peak
    • NDP 50
    • NFR 25
    • NIN Off
    • INT 6
    • FEI 100
    • FOR 100
    • SPR OFF (not used by game)
    • DPR OFF (not used by game)

In-Game Settings:

• Assist Settings:
      • Countersteering Assistance: Off
    • Controller Settings:
      • Force Feedback Max. Torque: 6
      • Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1
  • Frank DulleFrank Dulle Member
    edited April 2022

My recommendation for using DriveHub Adapter with Podium Wheel Base DD1 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN AUT

FF 35

FFS Peak

NDP 35

NFR 3

NIN 0

INT 1

FEI 100

BLI User Preference

SHO 100

BRF User Preference

• @Maurice Thank you. I appreciate your feedback.

• I should thank Maurice also for his settings. I really admire this guy . Kudos to Maurice and the rest of the team for the work they put in this forum and in the whole sim racing community.

I would like to ask @Maurice what is exactly the bug with the Natural Friction? Now that i use his settings (beforehis settings i was using the recommended settings with NFR off) i can not feel any bug besides the minor ocsillations when stationary. I use the DD pro with the boost kit.

• Will be interesting to see if there is a noticeable difference after todays update...

"11. Car Behaviour

- Adjusted the geometry calculations algorithm for the suspension. This has resulted in improved traction for rear-wheel drive cars and lessened reactions to weight transfer;

- Adjusted the relationship between the controller inputs (Analogue stick, R2 button, Accelerator pedal on a steering wheel controller) and the position of the throttle.

- Adjusted the steering speed of the analogue stick;

- Adjusted the force feedback in the following steering wheel controllers:

・Fanatec® Podium

・Fanatec® GT DD Pro

・Fanatec® GT DD Pro + BoostKit

- Adjusted the brake pressure control for all four brakes when entering a corner. As a result, the braking distance is reduced in general;"

• edited April 2022

Wow, I wonder if this update was applied when I played last night. I was doing a race on the Nordschleife with the 2016 911 GT3 RS and a couple days ago I was struggling as usual with getting a full lap in without spinning out. Last night the control of the car seemed way better. It really did seem different and I was wondering if there had been an update applied. I would say all the things you mention in your list of changes seemed noticable to me. The experience was a LOT more enjoyable and felt more realistic. I would say the FFB did seem better as well.

• When your "last night" was within the last 10 hours then it's possible as the update was released 10 hours ago... ;)

• Hmmm....no it was at 10:45pm Pacific. So that doesn't jive. If it was released for download at midnight East Coast time it could have been installed. The game release worked that way. I got to play it at 9pm on the day before the official release date.

• Ahhhh.....I just fired it up and it gave me the notification that the update was applied. So looks like it wasn't. I guess it was just a blessed lap!

• Hi Maurice, do you know what exactly have they changed on DD Pro? I felt the oscillation on strait is less than before but that could be just me.

• Anyone else notice with update 1.13 that the setting in particular the force feedback is screwed? It feels like im running the 5nm kit had to literally check. I prefer the old feel of the FFB. Qny recommended settings for 1.13?

• i tried on my DD1 NDP 50 NFR 20, and wow i shave 1 sec a lap,

• Mr. Maurice, hope you’re having a great day. Are you using these same settings post 1.13 update?

• Since GT7 had a big DD Pro update will Fanatec update their recommended settings?

• No because nothing really changed which needs to adjust settings.

• I use recommended settings from page 1 on my DD Pro 8Nm but it feels little weaker after last update so I put in-game from 5/1 to 6/1

• Same here. It's horrible. It's like walking on ice. Go over the curbs and it's like tey're not there.

• Nils HolmNils Holm Member
    edited April 2022

Yeah, I left GT 7 due to the horrible FFB. Its a shame for a GT branded wheel. ACC is on a totally different level, soooo much better. It

• As a CSL Elite user I’ve been battling since GT7 launch day to get some decent FFB through the wheel. (As I’ve posted earlier in this discussion)

I went from GTS to GT7, used same in game settings and same wheel settings, and it’s dreadful and dull. Something needs to be done.

I notice with update 1.13 that the focus from PD has been the DD wheels. Is this a ploy to get us to upgrade to new DD wheels?

I’ve resorted, rightly or wrongly, to upping the FEI to about 70, just to feel something.

Also, when you’ve played the likes of ACC and iRacing, the effort PD have made with FFB in GT7 is very poor. That’s my opinion.

• Alan,

so you decrease the setting for Force Effect Intensity to below 70% of default and complain that the Effect intesity is below your expectations ???

I am a bit puzzled.

• The update notes say they changed the FF.

11. Car Behaviour

– Adjusted the geometry calculations algorithm for the suspension. This has resulted in improved traction for rear-wheel drive cars and lessened reactions to weight transfer;

– Adjusted the relationship between the controller inputs (Analogue stick, R2 button, Accelerator pedal on a steering wheel controller) and the position of the throttle.

– Adjusted the steering speed of the analogue stick;

– Adjusted the force feedback in the following steering wheel controllers:

・Fanatec® Podium

・Fanatec® GT DD Pro

・Fanatec® GT DD Pro + BoostKit

• edited April 2022

And still it feels the same and therefore the recommended settings dont need to change.

• When I use the Fanatec recommended settings I get almost no FFB at all, i mean it feels like a wheel with no motor attached. I have to increase the FFB to 80 or higher to get a decent amount of FFB. This issue started after a driver update last year while still on GT Sport and has carried over to GT7. Does this mean there is a problem with my wheel? I have the Podium racing wheel F1