[Resolved] CSP3: random throttle values

edited March 2022 in Pedals

Hello.

I have CSP3 pedals since black friday 2019. Everything has been fine until march 8 2022.

I am using it on pc, windows 11, driver 439, firmware up to date (csp3 firmware 1.32), connected to my DD1 base up to date. Pedals are quite clean: I don't use my simrig a lot, and when it's off, I put a sheet on it. Last year I have to store it for several mounthes until I move in a new place.

Early this month I had the bad surprise to see my throttle/gas pedal was not behaving like it should: instead of going back to 0% when I don't press it, it can display some percents (not the same value each time) in the driver (or in the games), and when I press it "pedal to the metal", it does not go to 100%, but it is not all the time the same value.

I though "it is bad luck but either the gas sensor, either the PCB has a problem", so I just shut down my wheelbase, invert gas and clutch sensor, turn it up again and when I pressed my clutch pedal I had the throttle gauge working fine, and I got silly values when I pressed my gas pedal.

I contacted fanatec support (a nice guy named Adrian was in charge. Hi Adrian if you're reading this) that agreed with me: the gas sensor seemed dead. They sold me a new one for 13€ + 11.98€ shipping🤑. I got it yesterday and...the problem is still there.😣

I tried something else: I inverted "for real" (and not just the plugs) the clutch and the throttle sensor: when it is mounted to the clutch, my new gas pedal works fine, and when it's mounted to my throttle pedal, the clutch sensor is sending wrong values.

I tried to plug my wheelbase to another usb port on the pc: same results.

I tried to connect the CSP3 directly on USB (and not to the wheelbase): same results.

I tried to move the DD1 wheelbase power adapter away (I thought of interferences), or unplug it completely: same results.

Now I have to admit, I have fanatec wheels and pedals for more than 10 years and it's the first time I have no idea of the problem. I tried everything I could but I am out of ideas. With the "tests" I ran, I would say sensors are good, pcb is good and I did not made changes on the environment of my pedals. When the problem appeard on march 8, I was doing an online race. When I practiced and in the first laps everything was fine, then I lost the car in a tight corner, I did not understand why in the beginning. Then it happened at the same corner several times. After that, I spun and I found out the car was constantly accelerating, then I checked the pedal gauges and I could see the throttle was not going back to 0% but to about 30%.

Comments