Clubsport pedals V3, throttle calibration / Hall sensor issue.

Clubsport pedals V3, throttle calibration / Hall sensor issue.

PC: Windows 10 64bit, connected via USB.

Throttle senor not detecting full throttle (100%), only reaching around 90%~95%.

There is no way force the pedals to re-calibrate the Hall sensor in the Auto- Calibration mode.

I prefer the Auto-Calibration mode for the brake force slider [BRF].

Is there another way to adjust the throttle range and maintain the Auto- Calibration mode?

I have cleaned the hall sensor and magnet, and checked all screws, including the pin (with magnet) retention grub screw.

There doesn't appear to be any mechanical adjustment for the magnet/sensor, or an official procedure to do so.

I have tried unplugging the pedal and re-detecting them on the PC.

All other pedals appear to be operating as normal.

Also, there also doesn't appear to be spare parts available to purchase (Hall sensors & magnets etc.) unless I missed a link somewhere on the website.

If I had to throw away a good set of pedals, this would be very wasteful and bad for the environment, and go against the right to repair.

I am hoping this can be fixed in software, unless the issue gets progressively worse in which I would replace the respective parts.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Christian,

Auto setup should not leave any deadzone at the top, so there could be something wrong with the positioning of the sensor, or perhaps there is a more fundamental issue with the sensor. We don't sell these parts directly on the site, but if you open a support ticket, the team might be able to supply them, or ask you to send the unit in for checks, depending on availability.

However I'm not sure what you mean about wanting to use Auto calibration for BRF? In manual mode, BRF works exactly the same...

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• edited April 2022

Hi Dominic, ( @Dominic Brennan )

I was refering to the BRF slider, with the percentage of resistance.

I don't believe the setting/option is available once you manually configure the pedal ranges.

The pedals were purchased in 2020, and I believe they are out of the warranty period, so i would prefer to order these parts.

Can this still be done through a support ticket or is there another way?

Also, is there any mechanical adjustment for the magnet/sensor, and an official procedure on how to do so?

Thanks.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Christian,

BRF is available in both auto and manual calibration. It is not related to the pedal ranges.

If you wish to order parts, the correct way is to open a new support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

Please include the question about mechanical sensor adjustment in your support ticket, the technical support team might be able to offer some advice about that.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• edited April 2022

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for you responses.

I have raised a support ticket, fingers crossed we can get it sorted.

With the regards to BRF '%', as soon as I enable manual mode the slider disappears.

Cheers Christian.

• Hi, I'm having the same problem with the accelerator pedal too, it would seem the problem in the hall sensor, I also opened a ticket to fanatec but they are just wasting my time. How did you solve the problem?

• Hello,

I have a very similar problem with a used V3 pedals set that I bought app. 3 weeks ago.

The seller informed me that there is a slight problem with the throttle hall sensor, but I assumed that dissassembly, cleaning and a bit of love will fix everything right up.

After a few attempts I started a support request ticket nr 352812 CRM:000000700516184 on 06.03.2024.

I bought the V3 pedal set knowing, that it has issues with hall sensor detecting movement of the throttle pedal from app. 25% to 75%.

After obtaining the set I unscrewed the sensor, unscrewed the grub screw at the base of the throttle pedal and slid the magnet pin out. Everything was thoroughly cleaned with IPA alcohol.

After that I lubricated the pin a bit and put everything back together, keeping the position of the grub screw hole on the pin in allignment with the screw.

I atached a picture showing, how the magnet is alligned , because it looks a bit odd to me.

That made things even worse- the throttle showed 100% push all the time and when I pushed the pedal it only moved to about 88% down.

after screwing the hall sensor I discovered, that it's board is slightly bend, so I checked if it wasn't broken in any part, but it seems intact.

Also after unscrewing the board if I get it close to the magnet and slide it with my hand it works smoothly.

Maybe someone can give any advice... Or maybe the tech support team could take a look at my request?

Main problem is that I can't use my set- didn't even get a chance to test it.