Flashing throttle pedal - Stale support request

Fabio CarelloFabio Carello Member
edited April 2022 in Pedals

Hello,

in the last few days, I'm experiencing an issue with the throttle pedal (CSL Elite w/ Load Cell). I guess it is related to the potentiometer, but I want to make sure that cleaning it with a contact cleaner will help. As you can see the issue shows only in the very initial part (1'7%) of the pedal stroke.

I already opened an issue: 167160 CRM:000000700325875 (11.04.2022) but didn't receive any feedback. The product is still under warranty.

It is a shame I can't use it properly and cannot get any answer from you.

Regards,

Fabio

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Fabio,

I can confirm that your support ticket is on the system. Unfortunately it is taking a few more days between responses at the moment due to a high volume of enquiries. Also the upcoming Easter break could contribute to a delay.

But to answer your question, you should not need to use contact cleaner. Firing compressed air through this hole should be enough to remove any dust and debris from the pot:

If this doesn't help, you can try to open it up to clean it but it is not really designed to be taken apart easily, and you may need to buy a new part. It is possible to buy replacement potentiometers from us - the support team will assist you with this.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thanks Dominic,

I managed to clean it up, but moving the potentiometer during the cleaning operation resulted in a miscalibration of the pedal. Now I need to set the calibration manually from the driver utility. Is there a way to get back the auto-calibration?

Another question: could you help me contact support for the replacements?

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Fabio,

If you removed the whole assembly, then perhaps you put it back with the gears in the wrong place.

It should be like this...

1) Turn all the way to the left:

2) Rotate clockwise 90 degrees (or count 4 teeth in the gear):

3) Install carefully to avoid moving the position.

Auto calibration mode should work correctly. If it doesn't, then there could be some other damage to the part.

I cannot help you to get in touch with support - your ticket is already on the system, the team will get back to you as soon as they can.

[Fanatec Community Manager]