Order delay

I ordered my fanatec csl dd 8nm on April 3rd, fanatec got € 500 immediately, the availability date was initially for April 19th, then passed to April 28th, today they updated to May 30th, from live chat they assured me that my order would leave on April 27th, I also saved the conversation scren, today I tried to contact them but they deactivated the live chat, if I send e-mails a boot that speaks of a pandemic and the like replies , never answering a real person, BAD service and assistance !!! I feel fooled, so many savings thrown to the wind !!!

Comments

• Antonello, please consider this:

In the shop there are dates for availability for pre-orders, or "sold out", or available.

• Sold-out: not possible to buy, not possible to pre-order, no availability date
    • Available: can be bought, item is available at warehouse, ready to be shipped
    • Pre-order: can be bought, but you need to wait the indicated date; that is the date when item will be available at fanatec warehouse

Unless Fanatec send you an email with a new date of availability (because of delays, covid or whatever..), YOUR availability date is that indicated when you purchased at the pre-order.

It's obvious that the date on the shop for the pre-order changes with time.

• The availability date at the time of my order (March 3) was April 19, but I have not received any email, then subsequently postponed to April 29 and today further postponed to May 30, now I want to know if I, who ordered the March 3 according to your answer I should have received by April right? now I don't understand if even my order will be delayed until the end of May, I write here because Fanatec is practically absent on the emails, the only answer I get is that of a stupid boot !!

• Daniele CrudoDaniele Crudo Member
    edited April 2022

If you didn't receive any communication the expected date for the item to be available was 19th April: this doesn't mean you have at your house the item, it means it's available at the warehouse at fanatec, this needs to be processed and shipped.

Do not look at the date in the shop, it's useless (read my message above), assuming you didn't receive any further communication, if you will not receive your item by the end of april you have all the rights to write, ask for info and complain.

I agree that customer service is lacking personnel, but imagine that fanatec should have hundreds of orders per day, some units are defective, some tickets are opened to ask info only, some (I imagine "a lot") tickets are opened to ask "why don't you ship my items?" or "when will you ship my item?" prior to the date indicated.

I'm not saying that customers should not write/ask whatever they want, I would suggest "just ask when you need to ask, when something is wrong".

Me too, I have an order placed on 21st of february, availability date was 27th of April, I'm not going to write them till the beginning of may if I get no communication from them or if I see that the process status doesn't change in my orders page.

• Fanatec would save their support so incredibly much time if they would post short notices on this forum (or on the social media channels) about the deliveries from China:

-The container ship for pre-order date XY has left the Chinese port.

-The container ship for pre-order date XY has reached the European/American port.

Of course this is unusual but if it saves Fanatec hundreds of support tickets: why the hell not?

The information MUST be available to Fanatec internal.

• Florian I completely agree with you and instead from fanatec no news, absolute silence, this behavior against us consumers end users of their products is absolutely not good.

• In the same situation as you pal ordered mine on the 8th with the 28th down but since then no update as to when and where my order is up to just says 'Order is being processed' like it has done for nearly 2 months now.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited April 2022

I was looking to upgrade my CSL LC pedals. Found VRS direct force pro pedals.

4 April 2022 registered pre-order for pedals. Did not need to pay 1st though. At that time they were shipping out Jan orders. 18 April, notified of order. Paid 19 April. Paid VAT (UK) morning 21 April. Received afternoon 21 April 2022. That was impressive. Shipped from Ireland UPS. So why was UPS so slow to ship from Germany? Kept saying something like missing ship out container or something.

Fanatec should do that too. Register customers and only pay when item is ready to be shipped out. Unless Fanatec is dealing with more orders. VRS only sells like 6 items in their shop.

• I bought my CSL DD on the 11th of april, availability date at the time was april 29. But Fanatec sent me an email saying the cargo ship from china has been delayed and so the order will be postponed until roughly may 30th 2022.

They also said "It has come to our attention that a technical issue has occured as our initial e-mail did unfortunately not reach you. Therefore, we will once again provide you with the following update." Maybe the initial e-mail did not reach you as well?

I guess we just need to have a little more patience. Hope it will all be worth it!