Mclaren GT3 V2 analogue paddles

Felix OlsenFelix Olsen Member
edited April 2022 in Steering Wheels

My recently aquired Mclaren GT3 V2 wheel is having issues since day 1. I have solved most of them but I still have 1 problem I can't seem to fix without voiding my warranty. The analog paddles live a life of their own and randomly input no matter what game I'm in and even in the control panel. Usually would be fine since I don't think I would be using them for anything special anyway since I have clutch pedals but right now I have to change between modes(A-D) depending on what game I'm playing and if I'm in-game or in the menus. I'm pretty sure it's a physical issue because when I press my finger above the "e" in Mclaren on the front-panel of the wheel the inputs die for a little while but come back instantly or sometimes after 30 seconds. I am capable and have the knowledge and tools to open the wheel and disconnect the potentiometers inside but I'm not willing to void my warranty for it and also want a fully working product and have already put down way to much time and effort to have my stuff work as intented.

It's mostly the right paddle that gives the inputs but both of them do it. The video I provided is just a short clip from when I monitored the behaviour of the wheel without touching it for 10 minutes. The inputs blipped like this up to 100 and sometimes stay constant no matter what I do(if I press the paddles it usually ignores that).

EDIT: I have metal QR1, not the plastic one. I have done all of the fixes you can imagine concerning tightening screws on the front/back of the wheel, base, shaft, everything as part of other issues that are now "solved".

This is the only issue I have left and it's driving me mad having to swap modes just because I pause in GT7(In mode D my driver just keeps looking around to left and right constantly, this would actually be what I'd like the paddles to do unless I need them for something else like DRS or something in F1, but now I have to swap to mode A in-game but I cant use the funkyswitch then due to the paddles being "pressed" so the wheel thinks I want to adjust the bite point.

https://youtu.be/deGTLLP1r5Y

Comments

• Update; RMA Started after telephone contact with tech-support. Unfortunate having to send away this beautiful wheel and having to use the Gt7 wheel for the time.

• They’re not for me. I’m using CSL DD with maca gt3 v2 wheel. I mean analog paddles - black bottom ones. When I try to assign them to looking left / right nothing happens. Also I’m at mode D „mapable analog axis”