Disabled Gamer NEEDS HELP!!!

Good day everyone,

I recently decided I want to try and get into sim racing but the problem I have is that I am unable to use pedals as I do not have adequate use of my legs. I was wondering if anyone from either the Fanatec community or Fanatec themselves have any insight or solutions that can help me get into sim racing.

Another question I have is how much force is required to turn the steering wheel? I have generally weaker arms than the average person so don't know if it would be possible for me to turn the wheel.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this post and looking forward to the replies.

Comments

• Hi Jamie,

The McLaren wheel comes with dual analog clutch paddles. On other fanatec wheels, you can also get dual paddle clutch by purchasing the Podium Advanced Padles. You can configure those analog paddles to behave like a standard analog input, and thus map them in your games as throttle and brake.

Regarding your second question, the force is adjustable. If you feel that the feedback you're getting is too strong, you can either change the setting in game to reduce the force feedback or use the wheel adjustments to reduce the overall strength or the force feedback effect intensity.

I hope the answer helps you!

• Hi Manuel,

Thanks very much for your response. I will have a look into the McLaren wheel wth the dual analog clutch paddles. I take it you can simulate a foot pedal on the steering wheel with these i.e full throttle, half throttle, etc?

• Exactly. The wheel is configurable so that you can have the paddles act as various things, such as clutch/handbrake, and in your case you'd be interested in the setting that makes them act as brake/throttle. Left paddle would act as the brake, right paddle as throttle. Both are fully analog, so pull them a little, you only get a little response. Half way, you get half response, etc.