Shifter Removal / CS Static Shifters / Universal Hub V2

Guys wonder if anyone can help?

My son has joined us in the fanatec world and I'm trying to make his rig multi purpose, we are currently in an F1 league, but he also enjoys drifting on FH5.

His setup for Xbox Series X currently is:

CSL DD Pro 8nm with my old CSL Elite P1 Wheel.

He wants a new wheel, thinking of the ClubSport Steering Wheel Round 1 V2 for Xbox with universal hub v2 for xbox, neat and small plus round.

The questions I've got are:

Can the current P1 shifters be removed, so I can quickly order him the static shifters, P1 shifters are starting to miss the beat.

Long term once he's done enough homework to save up for the CSW Round 1, can the shifters be removed from the universal hub?

Do you have any better ideas, am I missing something?

Thank you in advance. 👍🏻

Comments

• Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited April 2022

Can the current P1 shifters be removed

Yes, but you will have to disassemble the steering wheel.

I'm also not sure if the bracket that secures the P1 steering wheel doesn't touch the static shifters.

• Cheers Hristo for the reply mate.

Sound, seen the screws on the back of the P1, tiny posi heads that you need to fish a long posihead throu the shifters to get to. I'll have a look over the weekend to see what's contained within the wheel and how easy it is to disconnect the shifters. Don't really want to do anything permanent that can't be restored but however him getting most out of this kit is the priority.

Has anyone done this?

Know its almost a bodge, just buy the correct kit some will say and he will eventually have separate f1 wheel, big round wheel and shifter and handbrake, but need him to earn it. Can't be spending all this for no reason its not teaching him real life.