Don't lose your locking screw!

Hi everyone :)

Just to let you know, this tiny little screw is worth a LOT, don't lose it.

Fanatec sent me a quotation to replace my lost one... it's 42€ with shipping (to France) and VAT... for a screw... Seriously???

I like the fact that Fanatec is trying to help with spart parts... but the price is just not right, c'mon

Does anyone know another option to replace mine?

Comments

• Psql .Psql . Member
    edited May 2022

Also not very customer friendly, their reputation for their customer service is already sliding down the drain.

Only a little screw that easily can fit in an envelope and shipped all over Europe for a few euro. Then also quoting handling costs 😕

Had an issue with another company with a small part that I broke. They made no issue of it and just send me a new one + a few extra for free and received it in 2 days. Fanatec could learn something from that especially for something this small and cheap. 26€ for shipping 😲

Another reason/drop in the bucket to make it easier for me to move to another brand...

Not really of any help but such a same to see how a company can destroy their business, this way.

• Never needed that screw the last 5 years.

• it helps a lot when you have too much play between the shaft and the weel, to get less noise and less loss of FFB details

• Yup - this pretty much sums up what Fanatec do wrong. On the one hand they like to talks about keeping people in the ecosystem with their products split in to three lines to cater for everyone from newbies to experienced - then they go out of their way to piss off their customers.

• Has the company been like this all this while? Lack of customer service, i mean. I only heard about the company about 1 yr ago and dived into the CSL DD pre-order in Jun 2021.

• I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this. 26€ for shipping costs? What handling? Do they need a special forklift to get the screw off one of the shelves and bring a special operator from another part of Germany to operate it? Costs me 7€ to ship a box of 2kg with DHL to anywhere in Europe. What does a screw cost? Meanwhile, I returned a boostkit within the 14 day window and they made me pay for the postage. This is not normal for customer returns in Europe for established companies but of course within their rights to take that option that the customer pays for return postage. But that’s not the point…..this company will go out of its way to to do NOTHING for its customers. Maybe someone can help with the spec of that screw and you can get it from a hardware store I mean it’s not made of unobtanium.

• Hi Faziel,

I agree with the asked “handling” price but I believe it doesn’t matter if it’s a sticker set or a wheelbase, “handling-wise” I mean, I guess it’s a standard procedure no matter what.

Abiut the material...the material has nothing to do with that, I guess its shape does. The screw has a conic shape before the threaded part that fits right in the QR1 hole.

• They are only interested in selling as many units as possible and sponsoring GT World.

They have someone in management who is interested in only numbers and percentages.

• Just get the metal qr at that point