Mclaren GT3 Knackered! wont connect to fanatec controller, Blue yellow light

McLaren GT3 (V2) Steering Wheel Update Mode

Error: Connect device failed(Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.).

Power OFF the wheel base and retry update.

If the problem persists, please contact FANATEC support.

Shifters stopped working during race, I racing. Firmware updater popped up on own, blue yellow flashing. I Can connect to Fanatec controller without the wheel attached but not with. I have uptated done all other checks etc.... But no good? New wheel needed I think.I have illuminated F in the display. Any one had same issues and how long to sort this out? can I make a claim for my lost racing time?

Cheers.

Comments

• It's possible that you have a connect issue between the wheel and the base. I may be off here but it's worth taking a look. I have that wheel as well and the cheap plastic QR connector got loose over time. I had to order a metal replacement one from fanatec. If you send a support ticket they may send you a discount coupon as they did for me. I was getting random disconnects of the wheel while I was in the middle of races. Can't believe they used a cheap plastic connector that gets worn after a few months and starts to disconnect. Also the pins get wiggled around inside the wheelbase which is also not a great thing.

• Hi, thanks for reply. I have the metal QR1 adaptor. never disconnect it normally. I tightened up bit with pins but same thing. it has connected for a few seconds in fanatec controller. Managed to to a force check. but then disconnected again. how long to get a reply from Fanatec?

• I'm using the original McLaren wheel with the quick release on a CSL PS4 base. When i updated to the new 443 driver it failed when the wheel was updating. I found that it was missing a pin. I replaced the wiring harness and pin ring but it still wont update. When I plug the wheel into the wheel base, it brings up the updater but it doesn't recognize my wheel base or wheel. I can turn it all off, remove the wheel, put on my BME wheel and everything works fine.

Any ideas?