Fanatec Driver 443 (Beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

1234568»

Comments

• I have only noticed it in ACC, the other sim I play is AMS2 and I have not seen it there yet, although I would be in ACC more often.

Screen 3 is my "favourited" screen. I do have the screen updates active for fastest lap etc, as you describe. I have not tried to de-active these.

I also tabbed into fanalab during the session and force cycled the screens, this unfroze the screen for another lap or so before it randomly froze again. I can navigate into the tuning menu on the base fine, so the screen is not actually frozen, it appears like it could be a telemetry feed that is frozen.

I have since deleted the xml folder from the appdata location in fanalab (it recreated successfully) so I will monitor this, just in case this has an impact. I am not sure if this would be a driver issue or a fanalab issue. I added a similar post in the fanalab forum too, just to assist with you tracking it. I will keep you updated if I find a fix, or if the xml file delete fixed it.

I also re-seated the steering wheel yesterday too as another step.

• Khalid NixonKhalid Nixon Member
    edited August 2022

I have a Podium DD2 with the Porsche 911 GT3 R with Podium shifters installed. I'm running beta driver 443 and all firmware up to date. While racing the shifters stop working and the PBME becomes inoperable. The LED display is locked on the PBME. The FFB goes completely out sometimes when this occurs. Sometimes the shifters start working again but the rev lights are stuck or completely out. In fanalab the PBME image disappears when this happens. Using fanalab version 1.65. I do have the USB connected to a USB hub and not directly plugged into the desktop. I also detached the wheel from the base and all pins are in good shape. This problem just started happening several days ago. Should I reinstall the drivers and firmware? Is it a hardware issue? Any advise please?

Edit:

When I run the FFB test in Fanatec console it induces the problem.

• edited August 2022

I think It's either caused by the USB Hub (In general it's not recommended to use a USB Hub for any Fanatec device, if at all then only a USB extension cable) or it's a hardware issue.

• I'm still having the disconnection from the PS5 problem with my DD1 on beta firmware 443. Even though the beta firmware says that this issue should now be fixed, I’m still having the random disconnections. I tried to change usb inputs and it still does it. No issues while playing on pc, just randomly disconnects while playing on ps5. I have to turn off the base and turn in back on in order to get it to work again. Not using any usb hubs or usb extensions. Just the usb inputs on the ps5.Any idea on why this keeps happening?

• Thanks Maurice! Your advice was spot on Sir. Once I connected directly to the PC the problem was solved. I'm so happy the hardware isn't the issue. Also thanks for the ultra fast response to my inquiry. Cheers!

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Can you use the downgrade feature of the Firmware Manager to go to a previous firmware and then try again if the issue will appear again?

You don't need to install an older driver to test this, flashing the older firmware with the downgrade feature will be enough.

I would like to rule out if this is a hardware issue on your end because I haven't seen other reports about this anymore with 443.

In parallel we'll have another look on our end.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

New Release Candidate driver 444 now accessible:

Please continue the conversation in the new thread, this one will be closed.

This discussion has been closed.