Warranty In UK

Before I blow 3k here in uk can anywome confirm that warranty is the same as Europe or is it limited to only one year now ? If it’s the latter then it’s good night Fanatec for me … will take my money elsewhere . Not spending £1500 on DD2 for it to only have 1 year warranty instead the usual 5 .

thanks

Comments

• Why would it be different in UK? 5 year warranty for DD2 is an extended warranty offered by Fanatec. It's one of the extra benefits you pay for when choosing DD2 over DD1. An extended warranty is not the same as a statutory warranty. The latter is regulated by law and can be different in each country.

• John WilliamsJohn Williams Member
    edited August 2022

Does this include if I bought the DD F1 package that is 3 years ?

edit: it states 5 years standard on the DD2 ..

on the F1 PlayStation DD1 it says 2 years standard on wheel and 3 years extended on the DD1.

• edited August 2022

AFAIK the DD F1 package is 2 years (in EU), 1 year everywhere else.

edited August 2022

I’ve just looked again and it states standard 2 years on wheel and 3 years extended on DD1 (with PlayStation F1 package)

but then looking at DD2 base it says 5 years Standard not extended .

• I just recieved my replacement DD2 (the first one worked for about a day before it had to be replaced) the warranty date in my product profile says one year. I made a support ticket yesterday but have not heard back yet. When it's working I like it so much I'm guessing I'm going to need two (so I have one for a back up) this thing is going to break alot so I'm hoping to get the full 5 years before I buy the second one.

• sorry I'm in the USA

edited August 2022

I’ve sent a support ticket to them .

pretty strange nobody on here from the UK that actually know what warranty they are getting.

fanatec really do need to let none European Union buyers know what they are getting as website is not clear at all.. UK & USA looks to me are getting a Raw deal.

• I’ve had a reply 24 hours after I sent the ticket .. wow that was fast .

Hello John

Thanks for reaching out to us!

The standard warranty for our customers in the UK is 2 years.

However, the Podium Wheel Base DD2 comes with a standard 5-year warranty.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'll be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day and take care!

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße

Sara

• Update, after creating a support ticket my DD2 warranty has been updated to 5 years, i'm going to need it i love this thing i play all the time. cant wait for winter or another lock down.

Go Ukraine!