Fanatec Driver 447 (Prev. Official Release) (Prev. 445-446) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• I know you don't like to say for sure when 448 will be available, but do you have an idea? Thanks.

• Lol..... I feel you.

You are doing a good job there mate. And i love your enthusiasm.

I would really like you to give me a time estimation for the QR2 release and the Clubsport DD also . . . . . . 😁

• I have a DD2 with an R300 with APM and a Formula v2 with red paddles. This happens in the following games that I've tested so far. Project Cars 2, RFactor 2, ACC, F1 2020. It happens with both wheels. I've reflashed the firmware multiple times and reinstalled everything multiple times. Disabled NFR. Using the default recommended Fanalab settings. I'm using the latest version of Fanalab and the 447 drivers. This started a while ago. I've used every beta version, so I'm unsure when it started.

Driving down a straightaway or going thru a corner, it doesn't matter. I feel this clunking feeling and a second later the car veers to the left or right like it's on ice. I lose control of the car, I'm unable to shift with the paddles. After a few seconds, the wheel will snap back to the correct position, I can shift, and everything is back to normal.

Other times it will continue to veer in one direction till I'm off course and penalized. Then it fixes itself.

Other times it continues to veer in one direction till I'm in the wall.

Other times it will veer to the left, then snap to the right, then snap back to the correct position and everything is back to normal.

The other thing is at least in PC2, in the past, the wheel was set to CSW 2.5. Now I have to set it to Custom to get everything to work. If I set it to CSW 2.5, I can map everything, however when I race it won't shift. Paddles, other buttons on the wheel, or the Sequential Shifter.

In the past, the wheel rotated freely during in-game calibration. Now when I calibrate in PC2, it's almost like there's some force feedback applied. There's some tension when I rotate the wheel, and if I release it, it starts to spin backward. I don't remember it doing this in the past.

Can I safely downgrade to 439 as a test?

• Sure you can safely go back to 439 but that sounds like a hardware issue for which you should contact the support.

• Apparently not with my device. I've worked in IT my entire life, and I've never experienced such problems performing firmware upgrades. I've updated laptops, desktops, servers, switches, and routers and never experienced anything like upgrading a Fanatec wheel. Now I have a couple of grand of equipment I can no longer use. This turned out to be an expensive two-year experiment.

Before posting this message, I did try opening a support ticket, but upon clicking submit in typical Fanatec fashion, it kicked me out to the login screen, so the ticket wasn't submitted. I've had so many problems in the past with the website that at least I was smart enough to copy and paste the text of the message before clicking submit, but at this point, I'd rather bite the bullet and buy another vendor's wheel.

Adios Fanatec.

• You were not able to go back to 439? What problems are you having with firmware upgrades? It sure does sound like a hardware issue and I’ve never had a problem with putting in a ticket, been using Fanatec gear for years, sorry you are have such problems

• And it turns out I still momentarily lose FFB for a few seconds while on 444. Interestingly, the wheel, paddles and all buttons work just fine otherwise.

• Jakub NajderJakub Najder Member
    edited October 2022
  • edited October 2022

Hello, I have a csl elite ps4 base with the 447 driver installed and now the fanatec program does not recognize the connected base, I have tried to change the usb cable, I have forced the system by pressing the power button for 10 seconds and flashing the software to install it again, but still the same does not recognize the base. This has never happened to me before.

• For the first time I've completely lost FFB in ACC at Monza in Variante Ascari, just to get it back in the straight to Parabolica. Very strange. It feelt like some safty shutdown or something. Is there a safty protocoll for to much force being applied in the driver?

CSL DD, Clubsport RS, Driver 447, Windows 10

• mmm.....more than a month and a half with no new versions...too much work? implementing new fanatec products maybe? 😉😋

• edited October 2022

There was no new version for 7 months after driver 439. So 1,5 months is actually... Not much time.

• Yes, but a month and a half without new beta versions seems strange to me.

• edited October 2022

Why? As said, there were 7 months between driver 439 and beta driver 442.....

Anyway, I can tell you that a new version is not too far away.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

have you checked the two tips I gave in my post?

All other functions, for example shifting on the steering wheel was still working fine?

There is no safety shut down for two much force.

Is your QR properly seated inside the base shaft?

If not you can fix it by loosening the clamp, pushing in the QR further into the shaft and then re-tightening the clamp properly like here:

Another cause could be the USB communication, you could check in the device manager if windows is allowed to power save the base like here:

Do you get this page shown when you open the driver and have you followed the steps, like using the Driver Repair function?

edited October 2022

You've also downgraded the firmware or only installed driver 444?

If you are on a Podium DD you should use the firmware downgrade function which got implememnted into driver 447 to prevent issues which can happen with manually downgrading to older versions in a wrong order.

Are you still in this situation?

I guess you've installed 439 and then manually downgraded the firmware, probably starting with the base firmware and then the base was not recognized anymore?

In that case install 447 again and then press the power button for 10 seconds to start a base and flash the base firmware, then it should be detected again.

Here are some additional instructions which can also be found in the trouble shooting section of the driver.

• Thank you for your response.

Everthing worked fine while the FFB was gone for about 3 seconds. I could steer and shift but there was no resistence from the wheel, but it came suddenly back and no problem after that even in future use of the wheel.

Base shaft seems normal to me and in all USB devices the mentioned power safing option is disabled.

It happend just one time since i bought the base back in wave 1.

• edited October 2022

Thanks for the Logs, but unfortunately Log Files do not help with this kind of issue.

Its most likely the steering input jump which can still result in a jolt-like feeling.

This will be improved with the next firmware.

• I'm having the same issues as you when trying to update the firmware of the DD1 Motor.

Were you able to fix it on your own?

I've tried:

• Different USB Cables
    • Different USB Ports
    • Using a laptop vs my PC
    • Making sure Windows and all accompanying software is up to date

And yet I still receive the same error message over and over.

---

I'm really hoping there's a solution somewhere in sight, as it's confusing and frustrating to be unable to get this to go.

• Hello!!. Now I can say it because it has happened 5 times since v447. Apparently the reverse of what people on the forum are saying. FFB does not disappear for me. The paddles and buttons are disconnected for me in the middle of the race. I can't change gears up or down and none of the buttons work. It had never happened to me before upgrading to v447. I have reinstalled the driver. I have repaired it. And I removed and put the steering wheel again as recommended. First tighten the nut and then place the fixing screw (I always use it) greetings!

DD1 ps4

Porsche gt3R

Pedals V3

• </Data></EventData></Event>

<Event xmlns='>< http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event Proveedor >< sistema Name='.NET Runtime'/><EventID Qualifiers='0'>1026</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>2</Level><Task>0</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime='2022-02-22T18:17:38.0719827Z'/><EventRecordID>3057</EventRecordID><Correlation/><Execution ProcessID='0' ThreadID='0'/><Channel>Application</Channel><Computer>Z</Computer><Security/></System><EventData><Data>Aplicación: FanaLab.exe

Versión de Framework: v4.0.30319

Descripción: el proceso terminó debido a una excepción no controlada.

Información de la excepción: código de la excepción c0000005, dirección de la excepción 5F5F4BF5

</Data></EventData></Event>

<Event xmlns='>< http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event Proveedor >< sistema Name='.NET Runtime'/><EventID Qualifiers='0'>1026</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>2</Level><Task>0</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime='2022-02-21T20:07:43.6529489Z'/><EventRecordID>2895</EventRecordID><Correlation/><Execution ProcessID='0' ThreadID='0'/><Channel>Application</Channel><Computer>Z</Computer><Security/></System><EventData><Data>Aplicación: FanaLab.exe

Información de la excepción: código de la excepción c0000005, dirección de la excepción 5F354BF5

<Event xmlns='>< http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event Proveedor >< sistema Name='.NET Runtime'/><EventID Qualifiers='0'>1026</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>2</Level><Task>0</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime='2022-02-20T03:18:54.9247047Z'/><EventRecordID>2833</EventRecordID><Correlation/><Execution ProcessID='0' ThreadID='0'/><Channel>Application</Channel><Computer>Z</Computer><Security/></System><EventData><Data>Aplicación: FanaLab.exe

Información de la excepción: código de la excepción c0000005, dirección de la excepción 5F264BF5

<Event xmlns='>< http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event Proveedor >< sistema Name='.NET Runtime'/><EventID Qualifiers='0'>1026</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>2</Level><Task>0</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime='2022-02-11T16:03:40.8692877Z'/><EventRecordID>2129</EventRecordID><Correlation/><Execution ProcessID='0' ThreadID='0'/><Channel>Application</Channel><Computer>Z</Computer><Security/></System><EventData><Data>Aplicación: FanaLab.exe

Información de la excepción: System.AccessViolationException

en PodiumControl.PCUtilLogger.EFLTraceB(Int32, UInt32, System.String)

en PodiumControl.LOGGER.Trace(UInt32, System.String)

en PodiumControl.PCUtilRegistry.GetRegistryValueCurrentUser(System.String, System.String, Boolean ByRef)

en PodiumControl.PCXmlFileGameConfig.PrivateBoolRegValueGet(Int32, Int32, System.String)

en PodiumControl.PCXmlFileGameConfig.PrivateFillGameAttributesList()

en PodiumControl.PCXmlFileGameConfig.Initialize()

en PodiumControl.PCXmlFileWheelSettings.PwsRecommendedProfileDuplicateLocally(Int16, Int16)

en PodiumControl.WindowMain.PrivateHandleClosing(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs)

en System.ComponentModel.CancelEventHandler.Invoke(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs)

en System.Windows.Window.OnClosing(System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs)

en MahApps.Metro.Controls.MetroWindow+d__271.MoveNext()

en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncVoidMethodBuilder.Start[[MahApps.Metro.Controls.MetroWindow+d__271, MahApps.Metro, Version=1.6.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](d__271 ByRef)

en MahApps.Metro.Controls.MetroWindow.OnClosing(System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs)

en System.Windows.Window.WmClose()

en System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

en System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

en MS. Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

en MS. Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

en MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

en MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.UnsafeSendMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)

en System.Windows.Window.InternalClose(Boolean, Boolean)

en System.Windows.Application.DoShutdown()

en System.Windows.Application.ShutdownImpl()

en System.Windows.Application.ShutdownCallback(System.Object)

en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

en MS. Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS. Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

en MS. Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

en MS. Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

en MS. Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

en MS. Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

en System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

en System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

en System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

en PodiumControl.App.Main()

• This is an issue I am currently having too. Downloaded the new PC Driver 447 and now my DD1, V3 Pedals and V2 Wheel cannot be found as devices in the Fanatec Control Panel. They also no longer show up in Fanalab (V1.66). I have tried following the steps outlined in the 'DD Firmware Recovery Options' document, however this still is not fixing the issue. I have tried Repairing the 447 Driver and this also does not fix the issue. Manually updating the Wheel Base by holding the On/Off Button for 10 Seconds also does not fix the issue. I'm not sure what to try next. Can I get some help with this? FYI - The DD1 Wheel Base has --- FW: 3.0.0 / HW: V1 --- Motor FW: 42.0.0 / HW: V3 and --- WQR FW: V6.

• edited October 2022

Thats because you somehow updated (or tried to downgrade) in the wrong order and your Motor can not communicate with the Base anymore because the Base is on the new FW 3.0.0 and the Motor is on the old FW 42.

When updating to 447 you HAVE TO flash the MOTOR FIRST, not the Base!!! Same when downgrading, you HAVE TO downgrade the MOTOR FIRST by using the implemented downgrade feature which is doing all that in the correct order.

As the Base is not recognized for you, you now have to uninstall driver 447, reinstall driver 439, power-off the base, then power-on the base by pressing the power button for 10 seconds to directly open the bootloader. Then the Base Firmware v690 is flashed again which then can communicate again with the Motor FW v42.

Only then you can uninstall driver 439, reinstall driver 447 and click the green update button in the firmware manager to let it automatically update the devices in the correct order - do NOT use manual update!

• Cheers!!. Any help or suggestion on this? Yesterday it happened to me again? :(

• It seems the same I have, the only thing I do is removed the wheel and put it back on and everything works.

Maurice or Marcel didn't reply on me either, they probably just missed the post...

This discussion has been closed.