Can't set maximum brake pressure in pedal calibration boxe anymore

felix henryfelix henry Member
edited December 2022 in Pedals

Hey guys i am pretty sure it was previously possible to change Brake force AND to set maximum braking input separatly. Now i can't in the pedal calibration area it says BRF instead of MAX and and when i put the cursor on it it says in grey "you can the max brake pressure with the BRF.

Any idea why and if it's possible to have it back ? I didn't even updated it.

Comments

• Psql .Psql . Member
    edited December 2022

Because you need to use the BRF setting to set your maximum desired 100% value.

If you can't reach max brake with current BRF setting lower BRF. If it's to easy to hit 100%, increase BRF. If you are already at 100% BRF and it's to easy to hit 100% brake, you need to get used to input less force or the V3 pedals are not the right pedals.

• Hey man thanks for the help. Am i crazy or we could previously have both of the setting keeping BRF maximum but lowering maximum depth of the pedal by saying 80% is 100% for exemple ? I am sure it changed cause now i struggle to reach 100% braking with 100% BRF. Previously i ahd set 100% braking input lower with that missing seting

• You definitely used to be able to set the max brake pressure in the driver - last time I looked it was there. I haven't looked lately, though, so from what you're saying it sounds like something changed recently. I have my BRF set to 100 for every car, and manually set the max pressure in the driver...but now it sounds like I'll need to rethink that.

• My V3 brake works completely backward. ON when NOT DEPRESSED, REDUCES as I depress ! Any thoughts or help out there? I would greatly appreciate any!

• Sean GoadeSean Goade Member
    edited July 2023

You're not crazy, it absolutely used to be an option, and a very useful one.

Obviously the capability is there.

Edit: I found this, you'll have to install an old driver. I don't know which one:

"Install a previous driver:

If you do not have an earlier version which worked for you before, older drivers can be found on the product page or on the Fanatec forum under 'Fanatec Software' and 'Beta Drivers' (there are also non beta drivers listed). Install the driver as usual"