QR1 looseness even with "fixing screw" inserted

One of my QR1 wheel-side quick releases has become loose.

When I turn the wheel from left lock to right lock there is a "gap" in steering - I have to turn more/further than normal - there is also a metalic clink or clunk sound.

There is a rattle when I travel over medium-high kerbs.

This can be reproduced in-game or out-of-game.

This happens on only one of my two QR1's - I have swapped QR1 from one wheel to another - the problem follows the QR1.

I've tried submitting a support ticket on the website but keep getting returned to a blank form with no message "thanks, we've got your ticket" or confirmation email and no "open tickets" section in my account details or anything.

It's incredibly frustrating.

Comments

• i would try wrapping a tiny bit of Teflon tape around the back part of the shaft. so it only touches about 1/2 inch of your quick release. i have this on mine and it solves any sounds that are coming from the QR.. plumers tape, its white. just a suggestion.

• Hello,

I'm using a csl DD 8NM and wrc steering wheel

Since 2 weeks, when I play on a x box the button and shift don't work after 20 minutes in game. But the feedback, the pedals, the steering work.

I have to put the xbox mod again for shift paddles work, sometimes I have to replace the steering wheel because that moves a bit, I don't know if that's the reason why doesn't work.

Too I see that a pin is stuck onto the steering wheel I don't know if that's normal. I join a picture.

Sould I change a piece ? and Tell me how can I join the after-sale service ?

• I had the same issue, every session (3hrs) I had to tighten up the fixing screw.

It's been many months now without this issue, the solution?

Get a small cable tie and wrap it around the screw, right at the bottom of the screw head, then tighten up as usual.

I just check once a week, but it's really not needed. I've played like 25 hrs of GT7 in VR and the QR is perfectly in position.

I believe I got this tip on a reddit channel, not sure, you can search it online.

Ciao!