Dirt Rally 2.0 Roadside Repairs and Recover Vehicle Buttons

I have a DD2 and R300 Podium wheel. When I program the Roadside Repairs and Recover Vehicle button assignments they only work if I enable Button Prompts in OSD Settings.

IOW: Set the Roadside Repair button to say button 61 and Recover Vehicle to button 62. They can be any button it doesn't matter. Go into OSD Settings and enable Button Prompts.

Crash your vehicle and hit the button your programmed for Recover Vehicle. It works.

You can hit any other programmed button and they also work.

Now go back into OSD Settings and set Button Prompts to Off.

Crash your vehicle and hit the button your programmed for Recover Vehicle. My guess is neither will work, or once in a blue moon Roadside Repairs will work. Recover Vehicle never works.

Try the other buttons with OSD Settings set to Off, they also work. It appears to be only Roadside Repairs and Recover Vehicle that don't function.

I'm using the 346 driver and the corresponding firmware. Does the same with Fanalab and it's driver.

Support told me to contact Codemasters. Doesn't this sound like a Fanatec problem? I could understand if none of the programmed buttons worked when OSD was set to off, but everything appears to work except these two. I've always run with all of the OSD stuff and would love to continue doing so. It's like the programmers forgot to set a flag that enables the Fanatec programmed button for Roadside Repairs and Recover Vehicle to work when OSD Settings is OFF.

If I program the two buttons on the keyboard, disable OSD button prompts, the keyboard shortcuts work fine. It's only the wheel buttons when OSD Button Prompts is off.

Robert