Upgrade kit for ClubSport Pedals

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
A lot of customers asking us now if we will offer an upgrade kit for the CSP V2 or V3.

This picture shows all the parts we have changed or are new in comparison to the regular CSP V3. That means an upgrade kit would have to include all the red parts.
As you can see you would have to exchange almost the complete pedal and this is only if you have a V3. In case of a V2 or even V1 you would have to change almost everything.

This kit would not be cheap either and it will be very difficult to assemble. This increases the risk of potential damage a lot and if your V3 pedal is still under warranty and you buy such a kit then you would expect a proper warranty as well, right?

We might make an upgrade kit for the CSL Elite pedals in future if demand is high enough as this would be much easier but for the CSP there is absolutely no way to make it work properly and easy enough.

The CSP V3i are still the most affordable inverted pedals with loadcell and hydraulics on the market and I hope you like the addition in our portfolio.

Comments

• Hi,
    simply amnother great piece of Fanatec Hardware!

You wrote "...and I hope you like the addition in our portfolio."

I'm really looking forward to another portfolio enhancement which is the PS4 base you announced in the gamereactor interview in Nov. 2016...

Cheers,
    Thorsten 
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Agreed!
    I think they are absolutely stunning! A seriously aggressive (yet beautiful) realistic design that stands head and shoulders above its direct competition!

I think it's great that Thomas has also explained clearly to those who wanted to an upgrade kit, that it isn't / wasn't possible, and I think the choice of these two different sets is actually a really positive move for the ecosystem as it may attract more non Fanatec wheelbase users over to the family.

What a great start to the year! I'm excited for things to come :wink:
  • edited February 2017
    Ordered as soon as they posted :)  They will be delivered on Thursday \:D/

• edited February 2017
    My Pedals arrived today and all i can say is Excellent and Superb build Quality!!! IMO I know they are supposed to be the same as My Regular V3 pedals but  I have noticed a few differences that set the V3i pedals a step ahead of the Regular V3 pedals Build Quality!!! the larger pedal spacing and it seems that Each pedal now has a separate ground wire...They Mounted right into My RS1 with No Problem...You just have to take off the Back of the Clamp that Holds the gas Pedal to the rear bar.. to access the rear mounting Screw hole to drop the screw in...Very simple its the same 2 screws that you would take out to Change the Gas pedal spring.

I Love that the Clutch is inverted because when not using the clutch it provides a Nice space to just rest your foot under.

Very well done... Great Job Fanatec

When i first Hooked the pedals up everything but the hand brake worked...Don't Panic!!! i simply just Reflashed the Pedal FW and everything including hand brake works as it should\:D/

Edit: almost forgot to mention the Pedal spacing and Most of all the New Longer Clutch and Clutch position feels spot on!!!...Im sure i will even get things adjusted better as i go along but as it is right out of the Box its a Great Pedals set worth EVERY Penny even though i already have a Regular set of V3 pedals.
  • Truth is, is it far more convenient for the company to sell a whole new inverted V3 CSP system than placing into the market the inversion kit per se - which wouldn't profit as much as the inverted V3 will do?

I don't know - it might just as well be. I'm sure the company knows (don't get me wrong Thomas, I admire your products, although I cannot deny the V2 you sell doesn't fully satisfy my expectation in FFB durability with the older titles like GTR2 or GTL), I'm just being the 'devil's advocate'.

...I wish you all the best! 

Francesco
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Truth is, is it far more convenient for the company to sell a whole new inverted V3 CSP system than placing into the market the inversion kit per se - which wouldn't profit as much as the inverted V3 will do?

I don't know - it might just as well be. I'm sure the company knows (don't get me wrong Thomas, I admire your products, although I cannot deny the V2 you sell doesn't fully satisfy my expectation in FFB durability with the older titles like GTR2 or GTL), I'm just being the 'devil's advocate'.

Francesco
    We welcome all modders to develop and sell a conversion kit for the CSP V3. If you are right and it makes sense to develop such a kit then I am sure that many modders will do so.

I am not denying that we are not running a charity but if we would sell an upgrade kit then we could as well sell all our products as DIY kit. This would end up in a desaster, believe me.
  • edited February 2017
    I Now have a Few days in with the V3i pedals and i must say that the Gas and Brake Pedal feel positioned Much more Natural according to what 'Im used to... The set up feels Very Close to Driving My 350z... My Question is with the Clutch Pedal... Even though it feels Natural i find that Due to the Limited Leg Space that the RS1 Rig offers the Longer Clutch Requires Me to Lift My Leg and Foot Higher than i like to use it.... Is it possible that Fanatec will offer a Short Clutch throw upgrade kit to accommodate for Racing Rigs with limited Leg Space???...Maybe even a Standard Clutch Length like on the Regular V3 pedals would be Great... I find the Clutch on the regular V3 pedals very easy to use according to the Leg Space available in My RS1 Rig.... I'm 6'1 tall and i think that offering a Shorter/ Standard Clutch pedal Travel the same as on the Regular V3 pedals would Really be a Good idea for Taller people...Most Racing Rigs only come in 1 size and we have to pick and set up our racing Gear according to the space that the racing Rig has.
  • I'm definitely interested in CSL pedals Inversion kit. I'm used to inverted Elite pedals and I love it, probably I'm not even able to go back to non inverted pedals since it feels strange, not natural what I'm used to in real car.
  • I Now have a Few days in with the V3i pedals and i must say that the Gas and Brake Pedal feel positioned Much more Natural according to what 'Im used to... The set up feels Very Close to Driving My 350z... My Question is with the Clutch Pedal... Even though it feels Natural i find that Due to the Limited Leg Space that the RS1 Rig offers the Longer Clutch Requires Me to Lift My Leg and Foot Higher than i like to use it.... Is it possible that Fanatec will offer a Short Clutch throw upgrade kit to accommodate for Racing Rigs with limited Leg Space???...Maybe even a Standard Clutch Length like on the Regular V3 pedals would be Great... I find the Clutch on the regular V3 pedals very easy to use according to the Leg Space available in My RS1 Rig.... I'm 6'1 tall and i think that offering a Shorter/ Standard Clutch pedal Travel the same as on the Regular V3 pedals would Really be a Good idea for Taller people...Most Racing Rigs only come in 1 size and we have to pick and set up our racing Gear according to the space that the racing Rig has.
    Lorrell 
    Thanks for the time to write about the pedals, I would like to buy either the regular V3 or V3inverted but not sure what to get? I have some questions that I hope you can answer:
    If you compare the mechanical sound from V3 to V3i on gas, brake and clutch, are they any louder?
    You say the clutch pedal on V3i has longer throw compared to V3 which one is more confortable to drive with?
    Last question, since you tried V3 and V3i which one are you choosing to keep in your rig?

• edited February 2017
    I Now have a Few days in with the V3i pedals and i must say that the Gas and Brake Pedal feel positioned Much more Natural according to what 'Im used to... The set up feels Very Close to Driving My 350z... My Question is with the Clutch Pedal... Even though it feels Natural i find that Due to the Limited Leg Space that the RS1 Rig offers the Longer Clutch Requires Me to Lift My Leg and Foot Higher than i like to use it.... Is it possible that Fanatec will offer a Short Clutch throw upgrade kit to accommodate for Racing Rigs with limited Leg Space???...Maybe even a Standard Clutch Length like on the Regular V3 pedals would be Great... I find the Clutch on the regular V3 pedals very easy to use according to the Leg Space available in My RS1 Rig.... I'm 6'1 tall and i think that offering a Shorter/ Standard Clutch pedal Travel the same as on the Regular V3 pedals would Really be a Good idea for Taller people...Most Racing Rigs only come in 1 size and we have to pick and set up our racing Gear according to the space that the racing Rig has.
    Lorrell 
    Thanks for the time to write about the pedals, I would like to buy either the regular V3 or V3inverted but not sure what to get? I have some questions that I hope you can answer:
    If you compare the mechanical sound from V3 to V3i on gas, brake and clutch, are they any louder?
    You say the clutch pedal on V3i has longer throw compared to V3 which one is more confortable to drive with?
    Last question, since you tried V3 and V3i which one are you choosing to keep in your rig?

The V3i Pedal set feels definitely a step up from the regular V3 pedals!!! Fanatec has really been doing their home work with research and development... All the pedals feel very Smooth and i have Not noticed any random Brake Flickering inputs like that was present and notable when i first got the regular V3 pedals...a few FW updates with proper Lube and break in of the pedals and the Random Brake Flickering went away.

I was using the V3 pedals and they made a Big Diff in Lap times over the V1 pedals... I am Now using Fanatecs New V3 inverted pedal set and i have beaten some of My Fastest times by .300 --.500 consistently since using them...When using the Brake the V3i pedals Feel Much More Natural...due to fact they are inverted it totally Changes My Foot angle so Braking is easier to Feel and Feather... also this better Foot angle while Braking Makes Going from Brake to Gas and Back to Braking Much easier, Instinctive and Quicker.

Hands Down No Contest for Me I'm staying with the V3i Pedals... I am not a fan of the angle pedal spacers that came with the V3 and come installed on the V3i Clutch and Brake pedal...I have taken the Regular pedal Angle spacers off My v1 pedals and installed them on the V3i Brake pedal and its a perfect fit for Me.

The Clutch pedal while the feel of it is Very Good to Me i would like a shorter Clutch throw only because it will Create more Leg Space for Me with the RS1 rig... I'm 6'1 tall and even with the RS1 pedal Tray extended out as far as it will Go i find that the extra space that the standard V3,V3i pedal angle adjusters take up make the clutch Pedal some what uncomfortable for me to use due to the limited Leg space that the RS1 has... as far as comfort and ease of use that will vary from person to person depending on size, Seating position, Rig or set up used...Its Not a lost cause i will find my comfort zone its just a matter of adjusting a few things...Although a standard v3/short throw clutch kit would be great Option for taller people or people of a larger size in general... I'm 6'1, 245lbs solid build...so it's Not a Clutch or Build Quality issue its a Space issue due to the Longer Clutch travel the clutch pedal protrudes out maybe 1/2in more than the brake pedal.

Quick Fix solution...I will be contacting Fanatec by Email to see if they can ship Me out the standard Pedal spacers that came with the regular V3 and V1 pedals...Note pics below...My idea is to keep the same angle on the standard pedal spacer but i will belt sand the flat side Down so that its 1/2 the original thickness to use on the Clutch pedal to create more leg room to use the clutch to see if it creates more usable leg room for Me to use the clutch more comfortably.

If any Fanatec admin reads this please feel free to contact me By Email or inbox if you wish.... I will be happy to Give any solution you have a try.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention that Due the fact that the Pedals are inverted that it creates a nice space for you to stretch out your leg and rest your foot when not using the clutch \:D/
  • Lorrel I appreciate the fast and detailed answer, will get the V3i, but have to save a little more for them, thanks.

• Lorrel I appreciate the fast and detailed answer, will get the V3i, but have to save a little more for them, thanks.
    No problem glad i could help...

The extra $$$ Spent on the V3i pedals will Be worth every $$$ Spent!!!
    I am Very happy i bought them.
  • edited February 2017
    Removed to add new pics

• edited February 2017
    Success!!! as you will can see from the pictures i have cut the regular pedal angle spacers from the v1 pedal set..Note the size difference between the Black pedal spacer that i took off My Regular V3 pedals VS the spacer i took from My CSP V1 pedals and Cut to Smaller sizes...I used 2 spacer's from My V1 pedals and was able to make 4 angle spacers that are different in angle and size...the result is Success!!! I can Now use the clutch pedal Very comfortable with the V3i pedals because as you can note from the pic i set the pedal back by using the slimmer pedal spacer......for the moment i used the steepest/most angled of the 4 spacers i made...I will be belt sanding the spacer's to fine tune the angles...Just a tad more Belt sanding and tweeking and they will be perfect!!! for Me using the standard pedal spacers is Much better than the Pedal angle adjusters because the regular pedal spacers create much more usable Leg Room while also providing angle adjustment.

IMO the V3i pedals are pretty much the perfect pedal set for their price range and feel every bit as good as pedals that cost Much more.
  • edited February 2017
    Deleted
  • edited March 2017
    Finished Result...i removed the pedal angle adapters from the Brake and Clutch pedal and replaced them with the regular pedal angle spacer from My V1 pedal set i was able to create more Leg Room so i can use the Clutch pedal more comfortably. without lifting My foot from the Heel plate of the pedals. The Brake pedal i left the pedal angle spacer Stock...The Clutch pedal i cut and belt sanded to achieve the angle that i needed for My foot to rest comfortably on the Cluch pedal while still maintaining the Longer Clutch travel.... you can see in the pics that the Clutch still sticks out a tad bit more than the Brake but is very comfortable to use Now... 3/4ths of a inch can make a Huge Difference when it comes to tight spaces and being comfortable. Edit: Pic#1 you can clearly see the Shape and Size Diff beween the V1 Stock Brake pedal Spacer and the V1 Spacer I cut and belt sanded on the Clutch. The V3i are a Great set of Pedals... Best Pedal set i have used to date... My only Gripe was the New Pedal angle spacers took up too much Leg room... That extra 3/4 to 1/2 in makes a world of Diff when it comes to being comfortable for all day Sim Racing. Edit: I didn't like the Angle arm spacers on the Regular V3 pedals for the same reason... the take up too much space and make less usable leg room.
  • I just ordered my CSW v2 today and just noticed the v2.5 ?
    What base will i be getting ? and how long does it take to ship ?
    I'll be more than happy with the v2 but the v2.5 sure looks good ! 
    I've long wondered why Fanatec didnt have their name in nice shinny print on this awesome piece of kit .
  • You will get the 2.5, Thomas posted it on Facebook yesterday. Can't believe that there is no mention of it on here yet.
  • Oh , is that a good thing ? A tried and tested v2 or the new Guy v 2.5 ??
    Probably prefer the v2 hey.
  • Richard CraigRichard Craig Member
    edited March 2017
    From Facebook - Our ClubSport Wheel Base is back in stock and has been spiced up to V2.5! The CS WB V2.5 is an important evolution of the highly successful V2. It comes with more advanced electronics and a new motor for improved feeling, functionality and even higher durability. https://www.fanatec.com/goto/ClubSportV2-5 All V2 pre-orders will be delivered as V2.5 automatically. Price will remain the same as V2: €549,95 / $499.95 / AU$829.90 /JPY 64.900 #ClubSport #Rocksolid #CSW #newproduct #simracing
  • edited March 2017

• edited March 2017

• edited March 2017
    where is the V2.5 discussion thread???

Sooo far there seem to be a few FW Problems...Yes i updated to the latest V2.5 FW....I'm using windows 10 anniversary edition 64bit
    I'm sure I'm on the right FW
    Is any 1 else getting a double reading when you plug in the wheel??? The double V2.5 showing on the game controller properties page???

Also my Right thumb stick will not work the menu in PC Pcars any more :-t

My CSW V2 has been and is working Fine.

edited March 2017
    My pedal order will be placed in the coming weeks... Looking forward to trying these out! Im curious as to how much they will change my driving position and if they will mount well on my CSL.

How are you liking the v3i? have they changed your seating postion much or?
  • edited March 2017
    My pedal order will be placed in the coming weeks... Looking forward to trying these out! Im curious as to how much they will change my driving position and if they will mount well on my CSL.

How are you liking the v3i? have they changed your seating postion much or?
    The V3i pedals for Me are a definite Game Changer!!! Other than the Angle Pedal spacers Taking up a tad bit too much leg room for me to get comfortable the pedals are Amazing!!! Every 1 will Not have this same issue this will depend on Height, Sim Rig and Seating position...I use a RSeat RS1 Rig and like to sit so that i have a natural bend in my elbow so i Push up or pull down when turning the wheel.... im 6'1 ,245lbs(Not fat Either  [-(  ...although there is nothing wrong with being a person of a larger size) Seating position Makes a huge Impact on Leg usable Leg room.

The Pedals are that Good the you see i quickly found a way to make a Mod for the pedal Angle spacer issue...No Way was i Sending them back or selling them...IMO the V3i pedals have a Much more Natural foot position which for me gives a Much Better than the regular V3 pedals.

As you can see from the pics that i created alot of usable Leg room while still maintaining the Proper Pedal angle by cutting and belt sanding My V1 pedal spacers....The black spacer on the far rignt is the spacer from my V3 pedal set...the 3 aluminum spacers are made from the 2x spacers i cut from My V1 pedal set :-B i was able to make 4 different angle spacers from  2 regular spacers...The 4th spacer which is much smaller than the 1's in the picture is on My clutch pedal and i have regular v1 pedal angle spacer on the brake pedal.

Edit: I almost forgot to add that the space under the inverted clutch makes a Great foot rest Now  :-bd
    Nice! Looking forward to getting them installed and seeing how they comepte against the V3 :)

• Truth is, is it far more convenient for the company to sell a whole new inverted V3 CSP system than placing into the market the inversion kit per se - which wouldn't profit as much as the inverted V3 will do?

Francesco
    We welcome all modders to develop and sell a conversion kit for the CSP V3. If you are right and it makes sense to develop such a kit then I am sure that many modders will do so.

I am not denying that we are not running a charity but if we would sell an upgrade kit then we could as well sell all our products as DIY kit. This would end up in a desaster, believe me.
    maybe a discount code for the ones that bought csp v3 could be the ideal solution... so they can sell the standard v3 and buy the inverted without loosing too much money... what do u think Thomas? BTW changing topic if u check [email protected] account and so many money i gave to your company can i maybe be a worthy customer for testing a preview DD wheel? just asking...:D :D
  • if i get this one and hook it up to a Thrustmaster wheel base will it work

I take it you mean the CSPV3i. They will NOT hook up to a Thrustmaster wheel base. I don't know if a 3rd party adapter is sold or not.

I take it you mean the CSPV3i. They will NOT hook up to a Thrustmaster wheel base. I don't know if a 3rd party adapter is sold or not.
    cool thank you