Fanatec Beta Driver V330 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Uau!!!! A new driver?? Again???? For which Fanatec Equipment is it compatible?
    To all products, it has no own post yet because it's mainly for internal testing of the APM and we wan't to focus public testing on the next release.

Thanks for the continuous information about the 'notchy' feeling, we are working on it.
  • edited April 2019
    Reporting back in...

Wheel Base Model (product ID): Clubsport Wheel Base v2.5
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Clubsport Steering Wheel F1 2018
    Driver Version: 332
    Base FW Version: 643 (Base Motor FW: 22)
    Wheel FW Version: 26

Still having the thumb encoder issue, both in game and in properties. driver 332 did not fix. I agree Andrew, it is acting like a mouse scroll wheel (it feels like one too)...not very accurate. Please advise.
    Uau!!!! A new driver?? Again???? For which Fanatec Equipment is it compatible?
    To all products, it has no own post yet because it's mainly for internal testing of the APM and we wan't to focus public testing on the next release.

Thanks for the continuous information about the 'notchy' feeling, we are working on it.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): Clubsport Wheel Base v2.5

Adding to my post above, I noticed in-game that the thumb encoder is too sensitive when driving because it is getting triggered occasionally without touching it. I had the right thumb encoder mapped to engine braking and, while driving in Assetto Corsa, I kept getting a random notification that the engine braking was adjusted. My thumb was nowhere near the encoder.
  • edited April 2019
    Question to all having FW issues... Are you un-installing the old DR first... How I do it is I un-intstal the Old Dr --> Do disk Clean up --> Defrag the drive (C) --> Restart the PC --> Install New Dr --> Re-start PC --> Flash Wheel. Doing it this way seems excessive but i have Had No Driver or FW issues.... Windows 10/64bit , CSW v2.5, Universal Hub, McClaren Rim, F1 Black, and Porsche 918 rim and all works well ---> Pcars2, Race Room, ACC, AC, Automobilista, Dirt, Dirt Rally 2.0, iRacing ... Windows 10 games Forza7, Forza Horizon.... I have No Notchy feel in center of wheel---> Sen Auto, On Wheel FFB 50% depending on game, Dri Off, brF 100%, ABS Off ---> All other wheel settings are default
  • arto halonenarto halonen Member
    edited April 2019
    CSW v2.5 and original P1 wheel
    V328 and V330 had geary feeling after driving some time "reminds me G27". 
    Been using V311 because of that.
    Compared to V311->V332 feels better smoother not so harsh
    Biggest chance is base fan it is so much better calibrated
    i have always updated driver,base and motor
    game dirt rally 2.0 and iracing
    Thank You no g27 feeling 

Wheel Base Model (product ID): Clubsport Wheel Base v2.5

Adding to my post above, I noticed in-game that the thumb encoder is too sensitive when driving because it is getting triggered occasionally without touching it. I had the right thumb encoder mapped to engine braking and, while driving in Assetto Corsa, I kept getting a random notification that the engine braking was adjusted. My thumb was nowhere near the encoder.
    Please check if this is the same with multiple steering wheel firmware versions, if yes contact support because it's a hardware issue then.
  • Lorrel, I think that you don't feel the notchy feeling because you race with 50% ffb in wheel tuning menu. And this is not meant as picking, to start the whole ffb discussion again... But try 100% wheel ffb and see if you can feel it than.
  • i have lots of force maxed or close to it without clipping and no notchy with V332. i know this aint right post but v332 isnt created yet

• Lorrel, I think that you don't feel the notchy feeling because you race with 50% ffb in wheel tuning menu. And this is not meant as picking, to start the whole ffb discussion again... But try 100% wheel ffb and see if you can feel it than.
    I race with higher FFB as well... I have 50%, 65%, 75%, 100% saved as on wheel FFB profiles and depending on Game/ race length i choose what FFB strength i want to use...

I tried various FFB configs on PC in Multiple Games... on wheel 100% w/ GM FFB 75%  vs on Wheel 75% w/GM FFB 100%...in both cases i feel No Notchy feel in the center of the wheel...because they all feel the same I keep it simple and use 100% GM FFB and select the on wheel profile that delivers the FFB Strength i want to use for that racing session.

As i have been reading through the thread/Forum daily take Note that its Not every 1 or even the Majority that  is reporting this Notchy Feel issue so i don't think the on wheel FFB strength used has anything to do with it...IMO It May be something simple like Random in Game settings that might get overlooked EX: DOR, Dead Zone settings maybe even Dri on vs Dri Off.

• Akeem DorsetAkeem Dorset Member
    edited April 2019
    I race with higher FFB as well... I have 50%, 65%, 75%, 100% saved as on wheel FFB profiles and depending on Game/ race length i choose what FFB strength i want to use...

I tried various FFB configs on PC in Multiple Games... on wheel 100% w/ GM FFB 75%  vs on Wheel 75% w/GM FFB 100%...in both cases i feel No Notchy feel in the center of the wheel...because they all feel the same I keep it simple and use 100% GM FFB and select the on wheel profile that delivers the FFB Strength i want to use for that racing session.

As i have been reading through the thread/Forum daily take Note that its Not every 1 or even the Majority that  is reporting this Notchy Feel issue so i don't think the on wheel FFB strength used has anything to do with it...IMO It May be something simple like Random in Game settings that might get overlooked EX: DOR, Dead Zone settings maybe even Dri on vs Dri Off.

The notchy feel that is being reported is not specifically in the center of the wheel. No matter what position the wheel is in, after a brief session, when turning the wheel lock to lock, the wheel literally feels as though it has gears fitting into a groove. Its not an overlooked setting because it happens when the wheel is idle on the desktop well.
  • I race with higher FFB as well... I have 50%, 65%, 75%, 100% saved as on wheel FFB profiles and depending on Game/ race length i choose what FFB strength i want to use...

The notchy feel that is being reported is not specifically in the center of the wheel. No matter what position the wheel is in, after a brief session, when turning the wheel lock to lock, the wheel literally feels as though it has gears fitting into a groove. Its not an overlooked setting because it happens when the wheel is idle on the desktop well.
    This is a very Odd issue and yes i do believe that it exist for some... I use My wheel 4 to 5 hours a day and have No Notchy feel in it at any time... We can compare Notes to help figure out what's causing the issue... What are your wheel settings i will see if I use your exact wheel settings if I get a Notchy feel... also Can this Notchy issue be seen in a video??? I can make a video of Me flicking the wheel from left to right and it just flows freely... I have a infrared thermometer and if any 1 has a infrared thermometer can you take the wheel Temp and post it after use when Notchy feel happens... we can compare wheel settings and temps to help to determine or rule out if its a on wheel settings issue or if wheel temp get hot if that's causing the issue...I generally keep My in game FFB at 100% and on wheel at 50 to 65% so my wheel Never really gets hot to the point that the side fan kicks on even after hours of use... only the rear Fan is always on.... I on PC and Now days i mostly play Race Room and ACC both of those game have very strong FFB when GM FFB is 100% and On wheel FFB is 50%.
  • Hi all, Since I updated to this driver/firmware My wheel is oscillating a lot when driving on straights and I move my hands off the wheel. I see this in Project Cars 2 and in R3E as well. Wheel Base Model (product ID): Clubsport Wheel Base v2.5 Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Clubsport Steering wheel Xbox Driver Version: 330 Base FW Version: 639 (Base Motor FW: 22)
  • R.R. Rijk said:
    Hi all, Since I updated to this driver/firmware My wheel is oscillating a lot when driving on straights and I move my hands off the wheel. I see this in Project Cars 2 and in R3E as well. Wheel Base Model (product ID): Clubsport Wheel Base v2.5 Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Clubsport Steering wheel Xbox Driver Version: 330 Base FW Version: 639 (Base Motor FW: 22)
    Try to lower the Drift Mode to a negative value, avoid using plus drift values.
    But anyway, general rule: never move your hands off the wheel, not even on a straight line! :D
  • R.R. Rijk said:
    Hi all, Since I updated to this driver/firmware My wheel is oscillating a lot when driving on straights and I move my hands off the wheel. I see this in Project Cars 2 and in R3E as well. Wheel Base Model (product ID): Clubsport Wheel Base v2.5 Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Clubsport Steering wheel Xbox Driver Version: 330 Base FW Version: 639 (Base Motor FW: 22)
    Try to lower the Drift Mode to a negative value, avoid using plus drift values.
    But anyway, general rule: never move your hands off the wheel, not even on a straight line! :D

Yes I have set it to -5 to reduce the most. I won’t get my hands of the wheel, that is for sure but It is something I notice which I did not encountered before....
  • martin salatmartin salat Member
    edited April 2019
    can i use this driver with my csr-elite wheel?
    Sprache erkennenundefined
    undefined
    Die Sound-Funktion ist auf 200 Zeichen begrenzt
  • Once i updated to 330 i had a horrible slipping feel for maybe the first 20degrees in either direction from centre. Almost feels like the belt is slipping. Have switched between 330 and 328 numerous times and can confirm that the issue is GONE with 328. 
  • Just purchased a complete Fanatec setup CSW v2.5 After updating to 330, I too immediately noticed the notchy, mechanical feeling some people have mentioned. Does anyone have a suggested firmware to run instead of this? It sounds like they've acknowledged the issue, I'm just trying to find a way to enjoy the setup until Fanatec sorts this out. 
  • Csl Elite
    F1 2018 le
    Driver 332
    Base FW 640
    SW FW 26

analogue joystic does not work correctly in iracing
  • So with me, the middle position is already completely shifted. must always recalibrate. my brake trembles and the ffb is also lost now and then. does not know what to do anymore. is the base, pedals, defective or is it really the firmware. no idea. fw v330 mw22
    can i use this driver with my csr-elite wheel?
    Sprache erkennenundefined
    undefined
    Die Sound-Funktion ist auf 200 Zeichen begrenzt
    No, it's only for CSL, CSW and Podium
    Just purchased a complete Fanatec setup CSW v2.5 After updating to 330, I too immediately noticed the notchy, mechanical feeling some people have mentioned. Does anyone have a suggested firmware to run instead of this? It sounds like they've acknowledged the issue, I'm just trying to find a way to enjoy the setup until Fanatec sorts this out. 
    There is a 311 on the product page you could try and compare it to.
  • edited April 2019
    Hello everyone, I currently use the V330 version on my CSL Elite Wheel Base PS4 V641 + Motor Driver v22 so far it goes without any problem but I see that came out the V332 Beta what are the changes of this new version? and is it compatible with my CSL Elite Wheel Base PS4?
    regards for all
  • Is there some issues being reported with V330 for the CSW V2.5??

Ive had this Driver now for a month and it seems pretty steady, I see people are saying about a notchy feeling?? or losing ffb when passing through centre when turning.

Is there a new Driver package out (V332)?, as i think ive seen it mentioned further up the blog.

Im at a sticking point because apart from V311's oversaturated ffb on xbox, it was pretty faultless?? 
  • edited April 2019
    Agree 100% to date i have No issue with ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 V639 + Motor Driver v22...FFB and wheel weight feel fine with No Notchy feel in wheel center --> Games Tested ---> Race Room, rfactor 2, PCars2, Assetto Corsa Cometizione, Asseto Corsa,Automobilista, Dirt Rally 2.0 ( all though Dirt 2.0 Road Feel FFB is just Bad/Non existent), Dirt 4 windows 10 game FM7, FMH4, FMH3.

Note I am Not saying the Notchy FFB issue does Not exist for some...I am just making Note that the Notchy feeling seems to be only with some but Not All.

Can those with the Notchy FFB issue post
    1) Game and in game FFB and wheel  menu settings
    2) on wheel settings

Then we can test and see if its a Game FFB settings issue, On wheel FFB issue or Random hardware issue that affects some but not all.

• Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited April 2019

Agree 100% to date i have No issue with ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 V639 + Motor Driver v22...FFB and wheel weight feel fine with No Notchy feel in wheel center Race Room, rfactor 2, PCars2, Assetto Corsa Cometizione, Asseto Corsa,Automobilista, Dirt Rally 2.0 ( all though Dirt 2.0 Road Feel FFB is just Bad/Non existent), Dirt 4 windows 10 game FM7, FMH4, FMH3.

Note I am Not saying the Notchy FFB issue does Not exist for some...I am just making Note that the Notchy feeling seems to be only with some but Not All.

Can those with the Notchy FFB issue post
    1) Game and in game FFB and wheel  menu settings
    2) on wheel settings

Then we can test and see if its a Game FFB settings issue, On wheel FFB issue or Random hardware issue that affects some but not all.

Just to add..I have no issues at all, it feels great and just as it should :) ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 on PC (Brand new out of the box) V639 + Motor Driver v22
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited April 2019
    For those with the issues, It would be good to use one reference game and post your complete in game / wheel settings. For those of us without issues can use to compare and post settings our settings.
  • Lisa HolmgrenLisa Holmgren Member
    edited April 2019
    I also run the V2.5 with F1 18 LE rim and can´t say I have any issues at all. (Playing Iracing only)

Driver 330, WBFW:639, WB-M-FW: 22, SWFW: 24

Only feel "notchiness" if i play with the FEI setting, have it on 50 now. 100 to much "FFB-noise" for me
  • Hi,
    Any news on the work around for the CSW v2 to get the flag lights working?

Apologies if I have missed the update.
  • Hi,

FlagLEDs are not working yet because the games need to update to the new Fanatec SDK to get support.
    Hi,

We are working on it.
This discussion has been closed.