Fanatec Beta Driver V330 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels)

12346»

Comments

• Wouldn't it be wiser if you would fix those wheels before selling them? Long time have planned to buy McL wheel, but it doesn't make sense when every wheel now seem to be infected with some problems. I don't have time to send things back and forth.
  • Has the double up/downshift issue with the McLaren wheel officially been resolved? I still have it when I use any WB FW higher than 475 (CSL Elite PC/XBox Version).
    I have the same issue.
    FW higher 475 -> some double shifts.
  • Has the double up/downshift issue with the McLaren wheel officially been resolved? I still have it when I use any WB FW higher than 475 (CSL Elite PC/XBox Version).
    I have the same issue.
    FW higher 475 -> some double shifts.
    Yeah 
    I'll send mine in. In rF2 it's no problem, you can change a setting in the game files to prevent double shifts. But in pCARS2 it's a game changer, and not in a good way.
  • Im having trouble updating my CSL Elite`s firmware to the latest version. Each time I try to update the firmware I get "Default Hex file loading failed" message. I tried reinstalling drivers but it still doesn`t work. Does anyone have a solution?
  • Im having trouble updating my CSL Elite`s firmware to the latest version. Each time I try to update the firmware I get "Default Hex file loading failed" message. I tried reinstalling drivers but it still doesn`t work. Does anyone have a solution?
    Ziga, please try this:

First uninstall the driver. Then go to Windows updates and force them, even if they are set on automatic, Windows will still find kumulate Updates to install. Then make a restart. Then switch off the antivirus software (can often delete the .hex files) on your pc and download a fresh driver from Fanatec Homepage (don´t use the already downloaded one!) and install it. Then the firmware flash should work.
    Ziga, please try this:

First uninstall the driver. Then go to Windows updates and force them, even if they are set on automatic, Windows will still find kumulate Updates to install. Then make a restart. Then switch off the antivirus software (can often delete the .hex files) on your pc and download a fresh driver from Fanatec Homepage (don´t use the already downloaded one!) and install it. Then the firmware flash should work.

Still the same error :/
  • Test without the Wheel conected.
  • hi,

since i have updated to 3.30 my CSW Formula Carbon still show me "CAL".

I cannot calibrate anymore. The Button for the Menu doesn´t work. It still show me "CAL".

Downgrade to an older FW dont help.

I have CSW Formula V1 Carbon and ClubSport Wheel Base V2 V638

Can anybody help me???
  • hi,

I cannot calibrate anymore. The Button for the Menu doesn´t work. It still show me "CAL".

Can anybody help me???
    Try calibrating with a different wheel.  maybe the funky switches have issues..
  • The support on this forum is pretty ordinary

I ended up having to return my CSL Elite PS4 for RMA..  The centre point slop and noise got worse.  Hardly used this wheel, and only 4 months old..  Hopefully i'll get it back mid next week
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    hi,

Can anybody help me???
    If downgrading doesn't help your wheel might be defective, contact support and ask for their help please.
  • Is anyone else having an issue with this version and a CSW 2.5 where after about 10-15 minutes of driving, the base starts getting a notch/cogging feeling - both in and out of game? When I turn on the base and am not in game, rotation is very smooth. After 10-15 minutes of driving, the smoothness goes away and it feels like there are distinct notches as you slowly rotate the wheel. A restart of the base completely removes this feeling, but it comes back after another 10-15 minutes of use. 

I don't recall having this issue with v311, and I would just downgrade, but have an F1 2019 wheel on the way and if I understand correctly it isn't compatible with 311. 

Fanatec - are you working on a solution for this?
    edited June 2019
    Is anyone else having an issue with this version and a CSW 2.5 where after about 10-15 minutes of driving, the base starts getting a notch/cogging feeling - both in and out of game? When I turn on the base and am not in game, rotation is very smooth. After 10-15 minutes of driving, the smoothness goes away and it feels like there are distinct notches as you slowly rotate the wheel. A restart of the base completely removes this feeling, but it comes back after another 10-15 minutes of use. 

I don't recall having this issue with v311, and I would just downgrade, but have an F1 2019 wheel on the way and if I understand correctly it isn't compatible with 311. 

Working on it, you could help us a lot if you could explain if it happens with every sim or only some and going as much as possible into detail on how it appears. Try also different drift mode settings and so on to identify where it's coming from
  • Thanks Marcel. I'll try to pay better attention to exactly what triggers it. I almost exclusively use iRacing. If I have time tonight to do some driving, I'll follow up with more detail into what speficially was happening in-SIM when the notchy feeling begins. 

It doesn't seem to be car specific, and I'm not sure I can tie it back to a particular event on track. 

I did try changing multiple wheel settings while not in iRacing, after the issue occurred while using iRacing, but before restarting the wheel base. Nothing made the notchy feeling go away until a restart. 

I appreciate the help!
  • Working on it, you could help us a lot if you could explain if it happens with every sim or only some and going as much as possible into detail on how it appears. Try also different drift mode settings and so on to identify where it's coming from
    Marcel,

What changed with the motor and controller firmware since 311?  Then you have your answer - because the notchy feel was never present
  • Is anyone else having an issue with this version and a CSW 2.5 where after about 10-15 minutes of driving, the base starts getting a notch/cogging feeling - both in and out of game? When I turn on the base and am not in game, rotation is very smooth. After 10-15 minutes of driving, the smoothness goes away and it feels like there are distinct notches as you slowly rotate the wheel. A restart of the base completely removes this feeling, but it comes back after another 10-15 minutes of use. 

I have the same issue with ACC (Assetto) ,i have wheelbase v2.5 and F1 v2 2018 LE and I have tried different firmware from v 328-334, it helps only a restart of the base 
    Working on it, you could help us a lot if you could explain if it happens with every sim or only some and going as much as possible into detail on how it appears. Try also different drift mode settings and so on to identify where it's coming from
    Marcel,

What changed with the motor and controller firmware since 311?  Then you have your answer - because the notchy feel was never present
    In general there where a LOT of changes and with none of them it's easy to make a connection to this issue. Also it seems that not everyone has this issue which makes it a lot harder to reproduce and address. Sorry, but more info would definitely help.
  • edited June 2019
    sorry for the noob question, but where i can find those mentioned firmwares 332 or 334 and 335? thanks
    i'm also following in order to solve the nochy feel after every session on my 2.5. 
    if it can help, i experienced this notchy feel for the first time after played to project cars 2 using jack spades settings. after that moment every session ends with this kind of notchy feel
    Driver 335 is on the Direct Drive products page in the download tab.
    Driver 334 is on all other bases and the steering wheel product pages.
  • Keith ZerafaKeith Zerafa Member
    edited June 2019

ok so after almost 20hrs of frustration trying to  update driver/firmware (base not being detected by PC) I  can now at least complete some laps. I'm a little hesitant  at the moment to try and bring the driver/firmware to current spec,  with the current spec I have uploaded into base and  not 100% confident in touching anything else to asking  on here first,  had the wheel off the base at the time the updating the base, so maybe that's the reason I have zero FFB/ or do I have to  upload the latest spec's .

any useful information is greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Wheel Base Model (product ID):  Fanatec CSW V2

Steering Wheel Model (product ID):   ClubSport BMW M3 GT2

Driver Version:   328

Base FW Version:   627

Wheel FW Version:  

Pedals Model:  ClubSport Pedals V3

Pedals FW  Version:  1.30

• Warren MurfinWarren Murfin Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi, I see the SLIMax app is now using the latest SDK, but the guide states you need driver v336 and firmware v656... have you released this and if so, do you have a link to it?

The good news is the flag light now light up using the SLIMax test... the bad news is the last three rev lights do not. Hopefully the new driver will fix this once installed, currently using v335. :-)
  • Working on it, you could help us a lot if you could explain if it happens with every sim or only some and going as much as possible into detail on how it appears. Try also different drift mode settings and so on to identify where it's coming from
    Marcel,

In general there where a LOT of changes and with none of them it's easy to make a connection to this issue. Also it seems that not everyone has this issue which makes it a lot harder to reproduce and address. Sorry, but more info would definitely help.
    I've done some driving since my last post, again all in iRacing. Even with just slowly lapping the track (like at 45mph), after 10-15 minutes the notch/gear feeling begins and doesn't go away until I restart my CSW 2.5. It really ruins the driving experience right after a race starts, and there is absolutely no way to fix it in the middle of a session. 

Marcel - are there any logs generated or diagnostics tools, etc. within your software suite that I can use to gather information to help troubleshoot this?
    Hi, I see the SLIMax app is now using the latest SDK, but the guide states you need driver v336 and firmware v656... have you released this and if so, do you have a link to it?

The good news is the flag light now light up using the SLIMax test... the bad news is the last three rev lights do not. Hopefully the new driver will fix this once installed, currently using v335. :-)
    It will be available soon, either later today as beta or early next week I guess. 
  • Driver 335 is on the Direct Drive products page in the download tab.
    Driver 334 is on all other bases and the steering wheel product pages.
    maybe i'm not good but in the product pages i see only the 328 driver package and on top of this topic there's the 330 package; can you help me to find those drivers? thx
    True it was 328 which is available for all other products, you can download 335 from the DD product page if you want but we will have a new driver 336 soon.

• True it was 328 which is available for all other products, you can download 335 from the DD product page if you want but we will have a new driver 336 soon.

New driver 336 meaning today soon?
  • True it was 328 which is available for all other products, you can download 335 from the DD product page if you want but we will have a new driver 336 soon.

thank you Marcel. how about "soon" ? :D
    Pretty soon, lets say now:

This channel will be closed, please download the new driver package and install all firmwares to provide feedback in the new thread. 

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.