Assetto Corsa (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• Usually lowering FEI will help with this. I find a lot of games i run 60-90 FEI or else you get "CLUNKING" in the base. I have DD1 PS4 Podium Bundle.

NDP of 50 and NFR of 20 seem rather high. I run NFR off unless i am getting oscillations and NDP 8-25 just depending on the car\game. I think this adds more feel and speed to the wheel. Just my thoughts but it is all preference.

• Ok thanks you Evan I will give it a try ! I think I tried a louer FEI and i felt it not strong enough but I will verify !

• Thank you so much Evan !!

This is awesome ! I used NDP to 15 ans NFR off, with FEI to 60 and now it is just perfect for me, with all cars (F1, GT...). Woo 💪

• Remi PrivetRemi Privet Member
    edited October 2020

Here are my final DD2 settings (on the picture). I hope it can help people who are lost as I was :)

I tested it on a lot of cars, and it is a very good result for me. Just adjust DD2 FFB (40 to 60) and DD2 SEN (Auto or 500 to 800) depending on the car. You can also lower the NDP and NFI as Evan mentioned, but I had more oscillations (it is like you prefer).

Well, Thas is so good now ! :)

• Hm... with the CSL Elite PS4 and the Formula V2 steering wheel I have clipping with these settings. It goes away only when I reduce gain significantly. Anyone else had this issue?

• Hi! I would really appreciate if you took your time to read this

The CSL Elite is great but I mainly play Assetto Corsa and it seems this wheel base and the game don't get along.The FFB is very shaky during corners.The wheel has a slight feeling of oscilation during corners ( it goes to left and right repetealy),Like I said the feeling is slight but enough to get on your nerves and enough to take away the feeling of immersion.I tried basically all wheel settings possible and in-game too (recommended settings included) .I even tried FFBClip.I'm out of things to try.This problem occurs only on AC.No problems on games like Dirt Rally 2.0.

If there is any fix to this,please let me know and thank you for taking your time to read this!

• Thank you - altered a little - still a few clunks on steering lock though

• hello,

No new recommended setting for 352 driver or higher for DD1 ?

• Hello guys,

I see that the question was asked back in 2019, but I haven’t seen an answer to it. Is there a way to set a automated software lock on steering lock based on the car being driven?

what I’m trying to get at is, if I change cars in the game, and the cars’ steering lock goes from (let’s say) 360 degrees to 450 degrees, would the steering wheel’s steering lock has a soft stop when it reaches full lock?

Im using a Clubsport v2.5 with Formula v2 wheel.

Thanks

• I realize this probably won't be relevant to very many people, but I figure if you're one of the few people still using a Porsche 911 GT2 wheel on PC like me (a stop-gap until my CSL DD arrives), then maybe this can help. I started with the Fanatec recommended settings for the CSL Elite wheelbase, but even that is obviously much newer tech than the Porsche GT2, so they didn't translate very well, and things in game just felt, well... not good.

So without further ado, here are my settings using my 911 GT2 wheel, Clubsport v1 pedals, and AC (also, I should note that all AC settings are being handled through Content Manager):

Driver version: 261

Firmware version: 9728

Wheel Settings:

Sen: 360 (I'm used to open wheelers, and don't generally bother changing this)

FF: 100

SHO: 0

DRI: 1

ABS: 80 (personal preference)

LIN: 0

DEA: 0

SPR: 0

DPR: 0

Assetto Corsa (Content Manager) Settings:

Gain: 73%

Invert FFB: unchecked

Filter: 0%

Minimum Force: 0 to 2 or 3%, depending on personal taste

Kerb Effect: 50%

Road Effect: 100% (I know this seems crazy, since every recommendation I found suggested setting it to 0, but with very low settings, I would get very sharp, sudden knocks/ jolts in the wheel while going straight, particularly at low speeds. Turning Road Effect up seemed to somehow act as some sort of a damper for these jolts, to the point now where they just feel like subtle road texture. This was the key discovery to my whole setup, to be honest.

Slip Effect: 10%

ABS Effect: 20%

Enhanced Understeer Effect: unchecked

Soft Lock: checked (though I'm not sure this makes much of a difference, as my wheel seems to spin through its full range regardless)

Skip FFB Steps: 0

Enable FFB post-processing: unchecked

*Unlock Experimental Options: checked

*Gyroscopic Effect: checked

Experimental options and Gyroscopic Effect may not be necessary, but I found that it felt slightly better with them enabled... but I haven't tested enough to know if this is actually doing anything or if it's just in my head.

Anyway, there you go, Porsche 911 GT2 wheel settings for Content Manager in Assetto Corsa. Hope someone finds it useful.

• the csl elite, 5nm, setting in game gain recommended: 75%

the csw 2.5, 8. 5nm, setting in game gain recommended: 65%

the csl DD, 8nm, setting in game gain recommended: 55%

Why 55%, as the CSW, which is stronger gets 65%

• Hello all,

have now for 3 days also the CSL DD 8Nm in use and am currently "struggling" with the force feedback settings in AC.

First of all, I have installed the latest driver 431 and Fanalab. The Force Feedback settings at the base and in the game in Assetto Corsa I have taken from the Fanatec forum 1:1.

Now to my problem: I am currently driving a VR3T car in AC on the Nürburgring V(R)LN variant. The force feedback on the track feels good so far and is completely ok (no clipping or anything else). However, when I hit the curbs (e.g. Mercedes Arena exit towards the short circuit, the leftmost curbs), I get a really strong shock in the steering wheel. This is not the case with all curbs. However, the whole thing sounds and feels anything but correct. This blow also gets with other curb overruns. So the blow is not just a hard force feedback, but rather you think that the shaft is about to fly apart (exaggerated). Based on the display in AC, the force feedback is far from being in the red zone.

Am I too sensitive and this is the normal feedback from curbs on Direct Drive Bases?

Maybe another Setting can help me

Still for info, drive with the Mclaren GT3 steering wheel and have the aluminum QR1 with the screw firmly connected to the shaft.

• Hello, I have the same wheel and use the recommended setting too. I don't feel these kind of problems but if you havecthem, you need to adjust FFB on a per car basis. I have the AMG running on 70% in it's own profile ( you do this via Apps at the right side of the screen while in the car). It can even change by track.

Another important factor :

shut off FFB post processing while using the "Gyroscopic option" in the FFB settings. Both together generate strange effects.

If you don't use any of those two, you can switch on "Dynamic FFB" in Fanalab.

You may also need to adjust the FFB Effect strength via Fanalab and finally, you can switch from "Peak" to "linear"

Other than that : yes it gives a bummer in the steering wheel when racing across the curbguards. I don't know how it should feel in a GT3 race car as I have never driven one. So it's hard to say what feels "correct" . However, I have driven rallycars competitively and those also on tarmac with slicks. Although a sim ( any sim ) is in general a far cry from real driving, unless your sitting in pro-simulator, some of the forces come across quite " natural".

Please switch of any "canned effects" in any of your sims. like "Road", or Gearshift bounce unless you really need this kind of immersion. It just distracts and adds nothing to the real FFB you need rrom the wheel.

• Posting MY Assetto Corsa settings. Understand I'm not asking for help. Just posting MY settings.

As per the in game FFB gain settings.... I feel this setting is great anywhere ranging from 20% - 35% given the wheelbase strength is at 100% in Linear not Peak. At 35% strength in game, the wheel has peaked around just below 10nm, 9.x nm. At 20% strength in game, the wheel has peaked around 3-4 nm. Very good range in my opinion.

I've come to the conclusion, given the wheelbase is capable of 20nm peak. the in game percent values are the average nm felt at the wheel and not PEAK nm. Math wise 35% of 20nm is 7nm.... and that math happens to be correct on the wheelbase LED as far as AVERAGE nm felt, but can still PEAK to almost 10nm.

Also... Hello! I'm new here.

• I've also come to the realization the Natural Damper and the Natural Inertia are marginally tied together.

• Since the 434 PC driver update.

• HI guys. I received my new CSL DD yesterday. Installed drivers 434 and Fanalab but I am getting some problems with Assetto Corsa!!

I have no force feedback at all! I used the recommended settings and lost all force feedback. Tried compatibility mode and regular PC mode, reboot the PC several times, entered game from oem menu and from content manager... In the forceedback graph, I get no input. The only way to get some for feedack and some data in the graph is adding some values to kerb, road, slip and abs effects! But recommendes settings are 0%!!

And those values are the same I used in my CSL Elite Ps4 and always has force feedback!

I also have to set the controls every now and then. Sometimes, I enter AC and the car is not responding to controls. I go to menu and set all them again and it works fine again...

Can someone help me?

I still havent seen any upgrade from Elite...

• Is it just AC where you're getting no FFB? What about other games? What happens if you select FFB Test in the Fanatec Control Panel?

• FFb works in test and also in ACC and Dirt Rally 2... And also work in AC if I give values other than zero in kerb/road/Slip/ABS effects... But force feedback should also work with those things in zero.

• I feel like I had a similar issue at some point not long after I got my CSL DD, but I don't remember exactly what solved it. I think it should just be a matter of making sure your wheel is powered up and recognized in CMP mode first, then loading the game profile through Fanalab, then launching AC/ Content Manager. Save your key bindings/ FFB settings once, and you're good to go. In theory, anyway. 🤞

• Hello ,

I have the exact same issue as describded previously by Nuno Ferraz .

All others games I used , iracing , AMS2 , ACC works but with AC the ffb feels really weak , i "dont feel the car" .

I tried all tips and tricks I found in and there from this forum and elsewhere .... nothing works .

Any ideas here ?

thanks

• edited February 2022

Hello all!

I just switched from a CSW 2.5 to a CSL DD and since i did that in AC the Cayman GT4 Clubsport has less Power/Top Speed. Gas Pedal triggers up to 100%, canˋt find any setting that is wrong. If i look in the datasheet you can see clear that top speed ist missing, at one clean lap at the Nordschleife 16 seconds. Any ideas?? Feels like there are 50HP missing.

thanks for help!

• I have an idea, do you have a handbrake? Put it at 40%

I have found that mine when set lower than that applies from time to time, i noticed that on a cars instrument panel. It destroyed my lap times...

• Hi all,

Anyone have a good starting point settings for the Fanatec GT DD PRO 8Nm wheel base for drifting ?

I would be much appreciated if anyone could help me..

I'm new to sim-racing, so I'm a little bit noob in the matter.

One thing i did notice when doing the first test drive in-game was:

When i stopped the car and turned the wheel fully to one side or the other, when the wheel got to the limit set by the steering lock it started shaking so hard!!

Is that normal??

It starts shaking so hard and making noise.. i went to iracing to see if the wheel did the same and when i turned till the limit it didn't started shaking hard not making huge noises.

Thank you so much

• I can't help you with drifting settings, but regarding the hard knocking you described, I'm pretty sure that's normal. I get the same thing with my CSL DD. AC is the only game I've noticed that does it...something about how it implements soft lock, I'd imagine. It only ever happens to me if I'm going slow and turn the wheel really hard, e.g. when I'm pulling out of the pit garage. I haven't ever had it affect me while I'm actually out on track driving.

• Do you have soft lock enable? If yes disable it.

For drifting settings try this

SEN 1080 (shown as 108 on some displays)

FF 100

FFS Peak

NDP 0

NFR Off

NIN Off

INT 4

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR 100

DPR 20

Then, if you use content manager and CSP enable "FFB Tweaks" and clicks on "more physically accurate gyro implementation", strenght at 25%

• Thanks for your time, I'll try your settings and I'll let you know how it went.

Appreciated :)

• How does the CSL DD work in game menu? I have the McLaren GT3 wheel. Everything works bar the shifters. Tried all the fanatect preset wheels in the list and using the config. The bottom left panel is showing it's workign but ingame nothing