Learning to drive is suddenly a lot of FUN

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited May 2014 in Blog
Fanatec
and Vogel Verlag developed a new professional driving school simulator
which will be shipped from next months to German driving schools. Later this year, the distribution wll be expanded to other countries.

The
software is newly developed from scratch and simulates all kind of
realistic and challenging situations. It is not available separatly and will be sold together with the cockpit.

The cockpit features customized pedals and steering wheel as well as seat belts, indicator and other car specific switches.

Comments

• Frans BrinkFrans Brink Member
    edited May 2014
    Nice! :) I´m about to intergrate SimXperience into my RennSport Cockpit. Had SimVibe installed some time ago. Will post some pictures when I´m done.
  • edited May 2014

okay the new simulator with embedded software, but a wheel xbox and ps4 one right??????????

• What a awesome looking machine! Great job.
  • Yeah yeah that's great...but how about you give us actual info about what is happening with the company instead? It's been complete silence for over 6 months now at least... As a Fanatec owner it's getting concerning. 

Zero support for old products or new products announcement, really terrible customer relation and PR.
  • How much would something like this cost for a driving school?
  • Whilst not one to be negative. I'll try to put this constructively. I get that you are trying to expand your portfolio. And that doing so allows funding for other areas of fanatec. I also accept MS are the ones not supporting your older kit.

What seems to be the frustration for all here is the lack of communication on what's happening next. Whilst you may be working on it some indication that you are and an estimated time of delivery of said solution/a would be courteous. Even if it was just:

We are working in a xbox one wheel. It will be this year we hope and similar to the clubsport wheel design

Or similar. Then progress updates as you go so we know you are still progressing.

Even a response to say:

Its in the pipeline for an xbox one wheel but we are working on other projects right now to aid growth of fanatec which will allow a bigger support team and many other benefits.

Knowing nothing is worse than bad news. Pleas fanatec don't ignore us. I'm trying to be constructive here and not rude or antagonistic. Thanks.
  • Steve FarrellSteve Farrell Member
    edited May 2014
    Yeah yeah that's great...but how about you give us actual info about what is happening with the company instead? It's been complete silence for over 6 months now at least... As a Fanatec owner it's getting concerning. 

Zero support for old products or new products announcement, really terrible customer relation and PR.

Most companies are the same.You didnt see Thrustmaster announce the Xbox 1 wheel six months in advance of release did you?
    Whilst not one to be negative. I'll try to
    put this constructively. I get that you are trying to expand your
    portfolio. And that doing so allows funding for other areas of fanatec. I
    also accept MS are the ones not supporting your older kit.

What seems to be the frustration for all here is the lack of
    communication on what's happening next. Whilst you may be working on it
    some indication that you are and an estimated time of delivery of said
    solution/a would be courteous. Even if it was just:

We are working in a xbox one wheel. It will be this year we hope and
    similar to the clubsport wheel design

Or similar. Then progress updates as you go so we know you are still
    progressing.

Even a response to say:

Its in the pipeline for an xbox one wheel but we are working on other
    projects right now to aid growth of fanatec which will allow a bigger
    support team and many other benefits.

Knowing nothing is worse than bad news. Pleas fanatec don't ignore us.
    I'm trying to be constructive here and not rude or antagonistic. Thanks.
    You mean like Thrustmaster and logitech told us we were getting new Xbox 1 wheels? Thrustmaster never said they were making a new wheel for Xbox one and told us a month before release that it was going to be made available. They never told the public it was being worked on. I understand why Fanatec arent saying anything after the backlash they got in the past for telling people they were working on a new product and then people started giving them grief when it wasnt released fast enough.
  • That wheel base is what we need. I play the SCS truck games and having the light controls and indicator controls like that wheel would be perfect on a wheel. They would also add extra controls you can use in sim racing games too.
  • On my wishlist:

wish.jpg 299.5K
  • Yeah yeah that's great...but how about you give us actual info about what is happening with the company instead? It's been complete silence for over 6 months now at least... As a Fanatec owner it's getting concerning. 

Most companies are the same.You didnt see Thrustmaster announce the Xbox 1 wheel six months in advance of release did you?
    Whilst not one to be negative. I'll try to
    put this constructively. I get that you are trying to expand your
    portfolio. And that doing so allows funding for other areas of fanatec. I
    also accept MS are the ones not supporting your older kit.

What seems to be the frustration for all here is the lack of
    communication on what's happening next. Whilst you may be working on it
    some indication that you are and an estimated time of delivery of said
    solution/a would be courteous. Even if it was just:

We are working in a xbox one wheel. It will be this year we hope and
    similar to the clubsport wheel design

Or similar. Then progress updates as you go so we know you are still
    progressing.

Even a response to say:

Its in the pipeline for an xbox one wheel but we are working on other
    projects right now to aid growth of fanatec which will allow a bigger
    support team and many other benefits.

Knowing nothing is worse than bad news. Pleas fanatec don't ignore us.
    I'm trying to be constructive here and not rude or antagonistic. Thanks.
    You mean like Thrustmaster and logitech told us we were getting new Xbox 1 wheels? Thrustmaster never said they were making a new wheel for Xbox one and told us a month before release that it was going to be made available. They never told the public it was being worked on. I understand why Fanatec arent saying anything after the backlash they got in the past for telling people they were working on a new product and then people started giving them grief when it wasnt released fast enough.

Like button hit many times :-) You nailed it Steve. Great response!
  • Steve I appreciate that but does it make it right?

As I said bad news is better than no news.

Yes it does make it right.
  • How?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Steve I appreciate that but does it make it right?

Well, what if there are no bad news but we don't want to or cannot post the good news? If we entertain our community with development updates as we did in the past we also tell our competitors what is going on and they will use that info against us. And for the user there is no advantage anyway as the new products will be done when they are done.

Well, what if there are no bad news but we don't want to or cannot post the good news? If we entertain our community with development updates as we did in the past we also tell our competitors what is going on and they will use that info against us. And for the user there is no advantage anyway as the new products will be done when they are done.
    Thomas, we just want to know whether our existing wheels will work with at least PS4. Just to put our minds at ease. 

Thomas, we just want to know whether our existing wheels will work with at least PS4. Just to put our minds at ease. 
    Also, as a CSR and GT2 owner, I'd like to know if you will still support the older Porsche line of product (for example if there ever is an adapter for next gen console) or if you are dumping support to force people to buy the newer line of product?

Also, as a CSR and GT2 owner, I'd like to know if you will still support the older Porsche line of product (for example if there ever is an adapter for next gen console) or if you are dumping support to force people to buy the newer line of product?

I believe this has already been answered quite some time ago.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=559039630838704&id=113736022035736

I believe this has already been answered quite some time ago.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=559039630838704&id=113736022035736
    Yeah I know about that. I was using the next gen console adapter as an example but I'm really talking about support in general. 
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    If there is a technical and legal way to make our current wheels compatible with next gen consoles you can rest assured that we will do it. It was never the question if WE want to do it or not and I rather continue to sell what we have instead of developing something new. There is a lot of things going on in the background and I am working for my customers and not against them.
    If we "force" somebody to buy something new then there is a very high risk that we just lost him to the competition...
  • Whilst not one to be negative. I'll try to put this constructively. I get that you are trying to expand your portfolio. And that doing so allows funding for other areas of fanatec. I also accept MS are the ones not supporting your older kit.

What seems to be the frustration for all here is the lack of communication on what's happening next. Whilst you may be working on it some indication that you are and an estimated time of delivery of said solution/a would be courteous. Even if it was just:

We are working in a xbox one wheel. It will be this year we hope and similar to the clubsport wheel design

Or similar. Then progress updates as you go so we know you are still progressing.

Even a response to say:

Its in the pipeline for an xbox one wheel but we are working on other projects right now to aid growth of fanatec which will allow a bigger support team and many other benefits.

Knowing nothing is worse than bad news. Pleas fanatec don't ignore us. I'm trying to be constructive here and not rude or antagonistic. Thanks.

+1
  • If there is a technical and legal way to make our current wheels compatible with next gen consoles you can rest assured that we will do it. It was never the question if WE want to do it or not and I rather continue to sell what we have instead of developing something new. There is a lot of things going on in the background and I am working for my customers and not against them.
    If we "force" somebody to buy something new then there is a very high risk that we just lost him to the competition...

Huh? If you give us no option at all you have guaranteed that you lose all of those customers. What a slap in the face!
  • Fair comment Tom. You don't want to give to much away to the competition.

Personally I'm happy to buy a new wheel if needed just knowing some solution coming this year or this summer would be nice as I'm holding off playing some games waiting on news.

Not sure how that would tell the competition what to compete with as its vague but positive.

At the end of the day it's your business to run how you see fit. Just making my thoughts clear in a constructive way.