Fanatec Beta Driver V344 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Question:

The Tuning Menu is avalable for any of the Models for which this Beta Update was released?

(My case is a CSL ELITE PS4 Bundle with the base Wheel and V3 Pedals...)
  • No. As it was already answered here some posts ago: the tuning menu in the driver is exclusive to the CSL Elite Wheel Base+*(the PS4 one), the CSW v2.5 and the Podium DD Bases.
  • Marcel Pfister   Hello I have figured out the Bug with the SHO getting Locked to 80... it happens when you check the Map Sequential shifter to paddles Box...When this box is checked the SHO setting Automatically sets its self at 80 and will Not set at 100...also the when you try to adjust it the Numbers jump around erratically and it changes your wheel FFB save slots....See Video

Edit: I also have the Podium APM module on the Xbox universal Hub and it seems that with the New Driver that the Clutch Paddle Travel Range issue has been fixed...From what i see they reach 100% at the end of their travel range.

Windows 10/64bit
    DD2 w/Universal Hub + APM
    Dr 344
    FW 662
    Mtr FW 30

Thanks a lot for finding this connection, this will help solving it for sure.
    Just had time to test this myself and the Shock issue is indeed linked to the SQ mapped to Paddles function. Great finding, especially because your UHX doesnt even make use of the Shock function because it has no vibration motors, so not self-evident that you found it which I failed to find since a few months already :D
  • It works fine here! 
  • change to 100% 
    Well well well...

• edited August 2019
    change to 100% 
    Well well well...

Your Monitor resolution is 3440 x 1440 so that works for you... Full 4k is 3840 x 2160 so the scaling has to be set at 200% or every App/Icon on the desk top will be too small to read.
  • This May be a Dumb Question but did the FW update change the DD2 power Brick behavior???... I noticed just Now that My power Brick is totally silent... Its always made Noise No matter wheel Off or On... I don't know if that's a Good thing that I can't Hear it Now.
  • This May be a Dumb Question but did the FW update change the DD2 power Brick behavior???... I noticed just Now that My power Brick is totally silent... Its always made Noise No matter wheel Off or On... I don't know if that's a Good thing that I can't Hear it Now.
    You mean the fan of the PSU? There seems to be a temperature sensor in the PSU which makes the fan running all the time when room temp is too hot. Maybe it's a bit colder in your room today? I noticed that the fan on my PSU is running all the time until room temperature drops below 27°C for example...
    You mean the fan of the PSU? There seems to be a temperature sensor in the PSU which makes the fan running all the time when room temp is too hot. Maybe it's a bit colder in your room today? I noticed that the fan on my PSU is running all the time until room temperature drops below 27°C for example...
    I think he means the coil whine the PSU is always making...
    I think he means the coil whine the PSU is always making...
    The coil whine is an issue of the first batch PSUs and if you contact the support you will get a new one which doesnt have coil whine.
  • Lino CarreiraLino Carreira Member
    edited September 2019
    Mclaren wheel not showing gear nor speed with this driver in Assetto Corsa , all enabled on fanatec.ini.. its the only game btw..rest is ok

Podium DD1
  • Mclaren wheel not showing gear nor speed with this driver in Assetto Corsa , all enabled on fanatec.ini.. its the only game btw..rest is ok

Podium DD1
    You have to set the DD into CSW compatibility mode for AC, then display and RevLEDs are working.
  • whats the difference of having pc mode or CSW 2.5 compatibility mode ?
    The USB device ID. In Comp mode the game sees the DD as a CSW v2.5, this way the DD works with old EOL games.
  • Pc driver: 344
    WB firmware: 662
    WBM firmware: 20

I notice the brake force can change in 1's not 10's, and it also won't save. 

The USB device ID. In Comp mode the game sees the DD as a CSW v2.5, this way the DD works with old EOL games.
    thank you so no disadvantage i guess :) 
  • Hi all 

I don't know if its me or if I did miss something but I can find nothing about this on this forum or internet elsewhere  .
    But when I bought the wheel last year driftmode minus (-5 till -1) would make the wheel heavier en driftmode (+1 till +5) would make the wheel lighter and turns faster on it's own.
    But now driftmode plus makes my wheel also heavier like driftmode minus does.. I tried all the wheel/motor beta drivers/firmware.

Did some changed or is my wheel broken ??

Thnk for your reply :)
  • I think this is because of the bug with bug:

[quote]

Sorry the "notchy" issue of CSW V2.5 and CSL E PS4 which some testers experienced is still under investigation and couldn't get fixed yet. I've attached motor firmware V20 which has less coil whine than V18 and less notching than V22 according to some testers. 

[/quote]

I've the same and it also makes chirping sound or so but if I rae everything feels good. 
  • Hi all 

I don't know if its me or if I did miss something but I can find nothing about this on this forum or internet elsewhere  .
    But when I bought the wheel last year driftmode minus (-5 till -1) would make the wheel heavier en driftmode (+1 till +5) would make the wheel lighter and turns faster on it's own.
    But now driftmode plus makes my wheel also heavier like driftmode minus does.. I tried all the wheel/motor beta drivers/firmware.

Did some changed or is my wheel broken ??

Thnk for your reply :)
    Something very similar happens to me when taking a while of use ... I notice a lot of force contrary to the direction that I do
  • edited September 2019
    csl elite
    Dr 344 
    FW 630
    Mtr FW 18

rolled back from 22 to 18 version of the motor. I feel like my base has started to work better, I can safely raise the FEI 100% and there is no crash at all. the steering wheel has become viscous but I like it. And in straight sections, the steering wheel does not perform the effect of a pendulum.
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited September 2019
    For everyone with the displaying issues on the Tuning Menu page:

1. Close the Fanatec Driver
    2. Right Click the Fanatec Driver Icon / shortcut and then click Properties
    3. Click "Compatibility" tab
    4. Under "Settings" click the button "Change High DPI Settings"
    5. New dialog will prompt
    6. Under "Program DPI" check the Use this settings to fix the scaling
    7. Click OK
    8. try again the Fanatec Driver

Something that also could work after step 5 is to click on the blue text below for advanced settings and allow windows to try fix blurry applications. 
  • Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited September 2019
    For everyone with the displaying issues on the Tuning Menu page:

7. Click OK

Something that also could work after step 5 is to click on the blue text below for advanced settings and allow windows to try fix blurry applications. 
    Followed the above steps 1-8 and already had the blurry fix checked :) Mine must be different somhow
  • For everyone with the displaying issues on the Tuning Menu page:

7. Click OK

• Nothing of the above works at my side. I also tried some other options in "program DPI. The window stays compressed. I use a normal TV as main screen, and a smaller monitor as a second screen. If I move the Fanatec window to the monitor, it is shown in the right way.
  • Nothing of the above works at my side. I also tried some other options in "program DPI. The window stays compressed. I use a normal TV as main screen, and a smaller monitor as a second screen. If I move the Fanatec window to the monitor, it is shown in the right way.
    Same here!
  • Sorry for all the no words post, had some trouble with the site earlier :( Anyway, followed 1-8 and it didn't change anything :( Even changing my 4K res 3840x2160 to 1080p didn't solve it either :(
  • Like others... It doesn't work when changing DPI setting.
This discussion has been closed.