Fanatec Beta Driver V344 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

13»

Comments

• I can’t upgrade to 662 firmware, requires Hex File  
  • edited September 2019
    Sorry for all the no words post, had some trouble with the site earlier :( Anyway, followed 1-8 and it didn't change anything :( Even changing my 4K res 3840x2160 to 1080p didn't solve it either :(
    Did you restart the PC after changing the resolution from Full 4k to 1080p???
    at Full 4k 3280 x 2160 your test is sized to 200%  you have to Restart/ Log Off and back on for the PC to apply the New scaling to text, Icons ETC....When i set Resolution to 1080p the Fanatec wheel properties page text is perfect after a restart.

• Sorry for all the no words post, had some trouble with the site earlier :( Anyway, followed 1-8 and it didn't change anything :( Even changing my 4K res 3840x2160 to 1080p didn't solve it either :(
    at Full 4k 3280 x 2160 your test is sized to 200%  you have to Restart/ Log Off and back on for the PC for PC to apply the New scaling to text, Icons ETC....When i set Resolution to 1080p the Fanatec wheel properties page text is perfect after a restart.
    Errrm! No I didn't...I will try this a little later..Right now I'm winning a bid on ebay10 mins left 
  • Sorry for all the no words post, had some trouble with the site earlier :( Anyway, followed 1-8 and it didn't change anything :( Even changing my 4K res 3840x2160 to 1080p didn't solve it either :(
    at Full 4k 3280 x 2160 your test is sized to 200%  you have to Restart/ Log Off and back on for the PC to apply the New scaling to text, Icons ETC....When i set Resolution to 1080p the Fanatec wheel properties page text is perfect after a restart.
    Yes it did work :)I had forgotten I set up a custom scaling for this monitor, as at 4K icons were too small I had 136% custom scale :)
  • Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited September 2019
    I have posted here about problems with the website: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/609/posting-guidelines#latest
    Sorry for all the no words post, had some trouble with the site earlier

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    I can’t upgrade to 662 firmware, requires Hex File  
    What hardware do you use?
    Does it not work when you click on connect and then flash firmware? You should not have to select a hex file manually, if it puts out an error message, please send a screenshot. 
  • DD1 with  ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 EU:

When the  ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 EU is connected to DD1 and I start the Fanatec Driver on PC always come the question "This driver includes a new Clubsport... V2 firmware..." ´. After I press OK (or x) all Fanatec driver windows will be closed, The DD1 display is black and the wheel shows only the Fanatec F. Then the only thing that I can do is restart the DD1.

PC driver: 344

Wheel Base Firmware: 662

SW FW: 27

Wheel Base Motor 30

WHEEL BASE 662

MOT CON 30

ST WHEEL 27

What can I do?

For those of you who still have DPI / resolution issues, are you using multiple screens? Can you send more information of your monitor setup and the settings you've chosen so we can try to replicate it. 
  • Win 10/64
    2x LG 32UD99-W  3840*2160 @150DPI

edited September 2019
    Win 10/64
    2x LG 32UD99-W  3840*2160 @150DPI

The attached screenshot is what solved it for me once I had it, but I didn't use a custom scale or 4k. 

Can you also try to check the first box in the upper part of your screenshot to see if it makes a difference and maybe uncheck the box you've selected right now. 
  • 2 was/is ON
  • Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited September 2019
    I Have a SINGLE MONITOR a Philips BDM435OUC 43" Ultra HD Professional Display, native resolution 3840x2160, Desktop scale 125%

For those of you who still have DPI / resolution issues, are you using multiple screens? Can you send more information of your monitor setup and the settings you've chosen so we can try to replicate it. 

• @Marcel Pfister: maybe it's important, my win version is Win 10/64 Version 1903 (Build 18362.295)
  • edited September 2019
    Yes, I've got multiple screens.. But will try what Grimey says... To me it seemed obvious that it would've been applied after the press of Okay Edit... The format change did happen, now that I've booted up my pc a day later. So after the 7th step, should 8 be: restart your pc and open the Fanatec app again. But it is annoying that I have to change that setting each time I install a new driver. Cause I'm downgrading my base, because I think I've got an oscillation issue with new fw. And I've got the same compressed text issue again.
  • edited September 2019
    Just got my DD1, Updated firmware... noproblem ... BUT when trying to update MOTOR FIRMWARE nothing happens ... DD goes black and software is reporting a  "COM3" problem, will NOT upgrade from 29 to 30 ... Any one???

• Just got my DD1, Updated firmware... noproblem ... BUT when trying to update MOTOR FIRMWARE nothing happens ... DD goes black and software is reporting a  "COM3" problem, will NOT upgrade from 29 to 30 ... Any one???

contact support via chat button at home page
  • edited September 2019
    DD1 PS4
    Driver V344
    WB fw 662
    WBM fw 30 
    Got it with the BMW rim, Porsche rim,McLaren rim, Formula V2 and the XUH So not a steering wheel related issue.

I've got a terrible oscillation problem since updating to latest fw. Normally I drive without any spring, damper, natural damper and friction forces activated, so all these are OFF. After updating to the fw shown above. I noticed it in AC: Alfa touring V6, Spa and no setup to the car. On the straights, the wheel began oscillating like crazy. So i had to set the natural damper up to 55% to minimize it to a doable point, but it still wasn't optimal. 
    So after AC I tried R3E and RF2...but all had the same issue.
    So I just downgraded to Driver V340, base fw 358 and base motor fw 30 and the oscillation with the Alfa V6 is almost gone (like I'm used to) with this base fw. With dampers, spring etc set to OFF that is, ofcourse. 
    So I'm passing on fw 662
  • Ersan KapErsan Kap Member
    edited September 2019
    Has the drift menu changed for CSW2.5? It used to go from -5 to +5 but now it's off to +5, no minus values like the CSL. Is this a bug or you guys ditched the minus values for CSW2.5 too? 

If so what is the natural value? Thanks in advance.

Restarted the wheel, it went back to normal, weird though.
  • CS WB V2.5 EU
    PC driver 344
    Wheel Base Firmware 662
    Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 22

Wheel Base Model (product ID):  CS WB V2.5 EU
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID):  CSW RUHX
    Driver Version:  344
    Base FW Version: 662
    Wheel FW Version: 22
    System Win 10 64 Bit

I installed the 64 Bit version of the driver package. This firmware works fine for me. The wheel seems to be more responsive than with version 328 and motor driver 18. Gone is the coil whine when idling. That's good. The property page displayed correctly on m system. Didn't experienced any notchiness of the wheel.

The only issues I encountered are concerning the CSW RUHX:
     - the calibration process can't be initialized anymore 
     - the white status LED on top of the wheel base stays dark when enterin the setup menu
     - can't change the operation modes (xbox, ps, pc) anymore

(Neither of these issues are a problem for me, because the wheel is calibrated and I don't need to change the operation modes.)

On top of my personal whish for the driver is a substitute for DXTweak. Which does not work anymore since I installed the CS WB. It would be very helpful if you could integrate a function that allows to adjust the (pedal) axises within the property page of the driver similar to DXTweak.  A bonus would be if you could save different profiles.

• Jens PrudloJens Prudlo Member
    edited September 2019
    double post
  • I can’t upgrade to 662 firmware, requires Hex File  
    Does it not work when you click on connect and then flash firmware? You should not have to select a hex file manually, if it puts out an error message, please send a screenshot. 
    some pepole have this problom. I just like drive cannot find fw.hex with default file path.
    maybe interference from other software , or wrong drive install path
  • leon liu said:
    some pepole have this problom. I just like drive cannot find fw.hex with default file path.
    Which default file path? You only need to press connect and then flash firmware. You don't even have to search for a folder, just two clicks and then the firmware should be loaded.. A screenshot would definitely help in this case.
  • leon liu said:
    Which default file path? You only need to press connect and then flash firmware. You don't even have to search for a folder, just two clicks and then the firmware should be loaded.. A screenshot would definitely help in this case.
    Normal is supposed to be like this, but some people are not.

update soft told them cannot load .hex. 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited September 2019
    leon liu said:
    leon liu said:
    Normal is supposed to be like this, but some people are not.

update soft told them cannot load .hex. 
    Are you following this procedure? Starting at 1:51 of the video

• i havenot this problom. but Some people have asked me this question. reinstall driver is useless. I couldn't answer. just told reinstall their OS.  B-)

i guess it may be that some writing software influenced it. 
    Just got my DD1, Updated firmware... noproblem ... BUT when trying to update MOTOR FIRMWARE nothing happens ... DD goes black and software is reporting a  "COM3" problem, will NOT upgrade from 29 to 30 ... Any one???

If it also doesn't work with a different driver there might be an issue with the bootloader of the motor firmware, please contact support. You can also check if your tuning menu lists all adjustments like NDP and FEI for example, if something is missing there is no proper communication to the motor driver but only support can help you.
    DD1 PS4
    Driver V344
    WB fw 662
    WBM fw 30 
    Got it with the BMW rim, Porsche rim,McLaren rim, Formula V2 and the XUH So not a steering wheel related issue.

I've got a terrible oscillation problem since updating to latest fw. Normally I drive without any spring, damper, natural damper and friction forces activated, so all these are OFF. After updating to the fw shown above. I noticed it in AC: Alfa touring V6, Spa and no setup to the car. On the straights, the wheel began oscillating like crazy. So i had to set the natural damper up to 55% to minimize it to a doable point, but it still wasn't optimal. 
    So after AC I tried R3E and RF2...but all had the same issue.
    So I just downgraded to Driver V340, base fw 358 and base motor fw 30 and the oscillation with the Alfa V6 is almost gone (like I'm used to) with this base fw. With dampers, spring etc set to OFF that is, ofcourse. 
    So I'm passing on fw 662
    What's your FFB strength on the base, in-game gain and FEI setting? Do you use the gyro setting in the ini file?
    To me it doesn't make sense because there was no change in firmware which could lead to this and we haven't noticed anything like that.
    It's also surprising to me that any older firmware can have no oscillations with these settings, because there is no dampening going on at all it's totally normal to oscillate. 
    CS WB V2.5 EU
    PC driver 344
    Wheel Base Firmware 662
    Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 22

Wheel Base Model (product ID):  CS WB V2.5 EU
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID):  CSW RUHX
    Driver Version:  344
    Base FW Version: 662
    Wheel FW Version: 22
    System Win 10 64 Bit

I installed the 64 Bit version of the driver package. This firmware works fine for me. The wheel seems to be more responsive than with version 328 and motor driver 18. Gone is the coil whine when idling. That's good. The property page displayed correctly on m system. Didn't experienced any notchiness of the wheel.

The only issues I encountered are concerning the CSW RUHX:
     - the calibration process can't be initialized anymore 
     - the white status LED on top of the wheel base stays dark when enterin the setup menu
     - can't change the operation modes (xbox, ps, pc) anymore

(Neither of these issues are a problem for me, because the wheel is calibrated and I don't need to change the operation modes.)

On top of my personal whish for the driver is a substitute for DXTweak. Which does not work anymore since I installed the CS WB. It would be very helpful if you could integrate a function that allows to adjust the (pedal) axises within the property page of the driver similar to DXTweak.  A bonus would be if you could save different profiles.

Do you try to switch modes using the button clusters or the fixed buttons on top of the UHX where the display is? 
This discussion has been closed.