Fanatec Beta Driver V327 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels) - Release Candidate!

Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
Hello Everybody,

I am happy to tell that we finally have a new release candidate driver V327 which could be the next final driver package for all recent product (back to the CSW V1). Here are the details:

VERSIONS: BETA
          Fanatec_32_driver_327 (dual-signed)
          Fanatec_64_driver_327 (dual-signed)
DATE: 02/12/2019

DRIVER CHANGES (since v326):
1. Fixed MPS in ENC mode sometimes double trigger.
2. MPS slider in GUI has been optimized
3. Fixed notification of new firmware does not prompt.
4. New firmwares included:

- CS WB V1: CSW_Base_V618_rev1499_app (NEW)
   - CS WB V2: CSW_V2_Base_V619_rev1499_app (NEW)
   - CS WB V2.5: CSW_V2_5_Base_V620_rev1499_app (NEW)
   - CSL E Base : CSL_E_Base_V621_rev1499_app (NEW)
   - CSL E WB+ (PS4) : CSL_E_PS4_Base_V622_rev1499_app (NEW)
       - EBLDC (Motor Driver) : EBLDC_V18_rev162_app
   - CSL E RMcL GT3 : RMcL_V30_rev38_app (NEW)
   - RFORMV2 : RFORMv2_V21_rev67_app
    = ClubSport F1 2018 and ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2(X)

Driver Updates/fixes since official driver v311:
- Multi-Position Switch "Active - 11 positions (position 1 = OFF) is removed for Formula V2 wheels since Tuning Menu updates are making this obsolete
- rFrom V1 interface design can now be changed between "Formula Black", "Formula Carbon" and "F1 eSport" wheel
- CSW RFORM V2 implemented
- FFB bug fixed if an excessive amount of DICondition effects have been created simultanously
- Various bug fixes and improvements

FIRMWARE CHANGES/UPDATES AND FIXES:
  • XBox One FFB scaling has been corrected. (The overall FFB setting was was much too high/clipping/oversaturated on all WBs). FF setting on 100 results now in 100% FFB power on the XBO.
  • UHX Button Island 5 socket is now working again (all WBs)
  • McLaren GT3 and Formula V2 wheel toogle switches unified (can temporarily cause issues in PS4 and PC games if they support only 32 buttons - games need to be updated)
  • CSL E WBs...maximum damper strength was too weak. Fixed!
  • CSW V1 sen limit bug fixed
  • CSL Elite Wheel Base de/recalibration issues (especially the 3° off bug)
  • CSL E WB+ / CSL E RW PS4: PS4 compatibility mode(s) reworked: Now accessed by pressing and holding the "Mode Button"
  • Firmware optimized to improve the new MPS (Multi Position Switch) "pulse" and "encoder" mode settings
  • Drift modes (+ values) have been optimized for CSL and ClubSport (V2, V2.5) bases.
  • Funky switch encoder (rotation function) of all wheels can now be supported by PS4 games. This has to be implemented by game developers with a new version of the Fanatec PS4 SDK

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
0. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue. Most likely it will be driver OR firmware.
1. Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
2. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
3. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
4. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:

Wheel Base Model (product ID): ....
Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
Driver Version: ....
Base FW Version: ....
Wheel FW Version: ....

Known and verified issues:
- Wheel center calibration button combination does not work if the right button (joystick push) is pressed first
- Drift Modes for CSL E WB (XBO, PC) and CSL E WB+ are not yet properly refined - +3 is already too strong
- PS Button does also press the X button input on CSL E WB+ (PS4) when P1 or UHX are used

Thank you very much!

We hope for your positve feedback! 

Comments

• NIce! Had some problem with calibration, took like 8 times before it took it. 

Wheelbase CSW 2.5
    Steering Wheel F1 18 Limited Edtiton
    Driver :327
    Base FW:  620
    Wheel Motor FW: 18
    Wheel FW : 21
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited February 2019
    Hi Lisa,

thank you very much. Actually this is a tiny bug we can already confirm. To calibrate the wheel center you need to press 2 button at a time. But to set the calibration actually the left button has to be first to get it set reliably. If the right button is first the center will not be set.

Thx for reporting this. 
  • Hi, when is this off center issue of the csl elite wheel going to be resolved? Takes ages now, and didn’t spent this much money to get a wheel that is off center most of the time.
  • Hi, when is this off center issue of the csl elite wheel going to be resolved? Takes ages now, and didn’t spent this much money to get a wheel that is off center most of the time.
    Didn't you read the release notes? Exactly that issue is now solved with this driver and new firmwares...
  • Jesco BrederJesco Breder Member
    edited February 2019
    CSL E WB+ / CSL E RW PS4: PS4 compatibility mode(s) reworked: Now accessed by pressing and holding the "Mode Button"

First time pressing and holding the "Mode Button" you enter the Yellow Mode - You have to press and hold the "Mode Button" once again (for 4 Seconds) to enter the Purple Mode.

Thanks for the comeback of the "Purple Mode" . Dirt-VR wasn´t he same, without it.

• edited February 2019
    Hi, when is this off center issue of the csl elite wheel going to be resolved? Takes ages now, and didn’t spent this much money to get a wheel that is off center most of the time.
    Didn't you read the release notes? Exactly that issue is now solved with this driver and new firmwares...
    Some people ...
  • edited February 2019
    Will you PLEASE add a Centering Spring Strength option to the menu for use with older games that DO NOT offer return to center!!!???

Your wheel bases are the only bases that I know of that do not offer the setting :'(
  • Danke für das neue update. Bin grade am testen. Aber leider is immer noch die ps Taste gleichzeitig die x Taste. Csl elite base. P1 Felge und v3 pedale.
  • edited February 2019
    Wheelbase CSW 2.5
    Steering Whee  Xbox Hub w/Forza Rim
    Base FW:  620
    Wheel Motor FW: 18
    PC Windows 10

3+ hours on the New FW and soo far its Very stable and feels Good.. IMO  has more subtle feel at wheel center and overall feels better than Dr_311 _FW 474

My Question is has the overall FFB strength been adjusted??/
    Ex: Pcars2 and Race room i always kept My on wheel FFB @ 50% but Now it have to set it to 65% to get the same overall FFB strength  that I used to get at 50%.... For Me this is Not a problem as the overall wheel FFB and Subtle FFB seems to be improved...But then again it could all just be in my Head 8-} 

Edit: Windows10 PC  Pcars2 feels much better than I remember it feeling 2 days ago when i last played it... seems to have More wheel center subtle FFB and overall smoother FFB with the New DR 327_FW 620
    edited February 2019
    My Question is has the overall FFB strength been adjusted??/ 
    Ex: Pcars2 and Race room i always kept My on wheel FFB @ 50% but Now it have to set it to 65% to get the same overall FFB strength  that I used to get at 50%.... For Me this is Not a problem as the overall wheel FFB and Subtle FFB seems to be improved...But then again it could all just be in my Head 8-}  
    Hi Lorrell,

this is probably just in your head ;-) We are not touching our FFB system if it is not abosolutely mandatory, since this should already be optimized to the optimum. 

@ Ercan
    Thank you for your report. On which platform are you playing? Which CSL Elite Wheel Base do you have and which firmware is installed? Please respect the guidelines which explain how to "report a driver or firmware issue in the first post!"PS-Button" sounds like it is the WB+. The driver itself cannot resolve the issue.

@ William
    Thank you for your suggestions. I have not seen such a request in years and I am not sure if this should or can still be integrated now. But thank you for bringing up this point.
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Danke für das neue update. Bin grade am testen. Aber leider is immer noch die ps Taste gleichzeitig die x Taste. Csl elite base. P1 Felge und v3 pedale.
    Make sure to also install the firmware versions that come with the driver. Open the driver (shortcut on the desktop or over USB Gamecontroller of Windows), go the update tab and choose to update the Wheel Base firmware.

Installiere bitte auch die Firmware Versionen die mit dem Treiber kommen. Öffne die Treiber Oberfläche über die Verknüpfung auf dem Desktop oder den "USB Gamecontroller" von windows, gehe auf die Update Seite und clicke auf Update Wheel Base Firmware.
  • Danke für das neue update. Bin grade am testen. Aber leider is immer noch die ps Taste gleichzeitig die x Taste. Csl elite base. P1 Felge und v3 pedale.
    Make sure to also install the firmware versions that come with the driver. Open the driver (shortcut on the desktop or over USB Gamecontroller of Windows), go the update tab and choose to update the Wheel Base firmware.

Installiere bitte auch die Firmware Versionen die mit dem Treiber kommen. Öffne die Treiber Oberfläche über die Verknüpfung auf dem Desktop oder den "USB Gamecontroller" von windows, gehe auf die Update Seite und clicke auf Update Wheel Base Firmware.
    Ich habe das neue update genau wie im Video dargestellt installiert. Das gleiche Problem hat ein Kollege von mir auch. Also denke ich nicht das es an der WB liegt. Is erst nach dem Update v326 aufgetreten
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Danke für das neue update. Bin grade am testen. Aber leider is immer noch die ps Taste gleichzeitig die x Taste. Csl elite base. P1 Felge und v3 pedale.

Ich habe das neue update genau wie im Video dargestellt installiert. Das gleiche Problem hat ein Kollege von mir auch. Also denke ich nicht das es an der WB liegt. Is erst nach dem Update v326 aufgetreten
    Please in the future always note the firmware that you have installed. We could reproduce your issue with PS button and X button input at the same time, but it would be easier and faster to do that if we have more precice information, for example with which firmware it does happen. It's described in the first post.Thanks

Bitte in Zukunft immer dazu schreinem welche Firmware installiert ist. Wir haben es reproduzieren können und gehen das Problem an, aber es würde viel einfacher und schneller gehen wenn die Probleme die ihr habt genauer beschrieben werden und wir wissen mit welcher firmware dies passiert. So wie es eben im ersten Post beschrieben ist. Danke

Please in the future always note the firmware that you have installed. We could reproduce your issue with PS button and X button input at the same time, but it would be easier and faster to do that if we have more precice information, for example with which firmware it does happen. It's described in the first post.Thanks

Bitte in Zukunft immer dazu schreinem welche Firmware installiert ist. Wir haben es reproduzieren können und gehen das Problem an, aber es würde viel einfacher und schneller gehen wenn die Probleme die ihr habt genauer beschrieben werden und wir wissen mit welcher firmware dies passiert. So wie es eben im ersten Post beschrieben ist. Danke
    Beim ersten Auftreten war es die Firmware v 326. Firmware 569. Motortreiber 018 Jetzt mit dem neuen v327 Firmware 622 motortreiber 018 Csl elite für ps4 p1 Felge. Das habe ich aber schon im letzten treat erwähnt
    edited February 2019
    Ercan Ersöz said:Jetzt mit dem neuen v327 Firmware 622 motortreiber 018 Csl elite für ps4 p1 Felge. Das habe ich aber schon im letzten treat erwähnt
    Thank you very much. 
    We have 2 CSL EIite Bases. The one for PC and XBO and the PS4 version. We know the naming is not great but we would ask to be clear in this case to avoid confusions.
    The forum language is English...please stick to the rules. Same for you Marcel, please. 
    We are gathering feedback about this package now. The other thread is no longer relevant and FW 622 was not yet available.

Like Marcel said...we can reproduce the issue now and will work on a solution now.

THX again!
  • Ercan Ersöz said:Jetzt mit dem neuen v327 Firmware 622 motortreiber 018 Csl elite für ps4 p1 Felge. Das habe ich aber schon im letzten treat erwähnt
    Thank you very much. 
    We have 2 CSL EIite Bases. The one for PC and XBO and the PS4 version. We know the naming is not great but we would ask to be clear in this case to avoid confusions.
    The forum language is English...please stick to the rules. Same for you Marcel, please. 
    We are gathering feedback about this package now. The other thread is no longer relevant and FW 622 was not yet available.

Like Marcel said...we can reproduce the issue now and will work on a solution now.

THX again!
    All right. Thx again
  • edited February 2019
    Hi, I have the CSL Elite (Xbox version) with the CSL P1 rim. After updating to v327 driver and 621 firmware, the drift mode settings seem to be unusually strong. A setting of 3 seems already unstable in that it is trying to compensate for the drag way too much and a small shift in the wheel will cause it to accelerate and rotate all the way to the steering lock. I experienced this in PC mode, sitting on the Windows desktop.
    @ Timothy
    Thank you very much. I could reproduce the issue and did already put it into our list of "verified" issues in post #1
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    @Armin

After a couple of hours, new firmware is feeling really nice. Tweaked a few in game settings and overall the response and detail are great. Also not getting any abrupt FFB from Forza 7. Looking forward to testing on the ClubSport F1 Wheel. Will update after more time with the new firmware.

WB CSW V2
    Wheel  UHX Hub
    Base FW:  619
    Xbox One X
    Windows 10

Tested:
    F1 2018
    PCars2
    Forza 7
    Horizon
    Raceroom Experience
  • OMFG What a difference the XBOne fix has gone through. This is what I've been wanting to feel from the beginning. It brings back the pleasure in starting up that big black box, that was collecting dust. Thank you very much, Fanatec team :x
  • Thank you for this new driver package. Just tested it with ACC. Everything works fine  :)>-
  • After two Hours of testing in iRacing and F1 2018, "losing centre" issue is gone, or it is barely noticeable. Good job!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Just stumbled on something. Noticed that the FF setting goes up to 100 then Aut followed by the ability to go to 200? P.S F1 2018:feels amazing with this new FW!
  • Hey all. I've just installed the latest 327 BETA driver. Playing on GT SPORT ONLY it feels night and day better. I'm really impressed. Only issue I've found is the McLaren GT3 rim, the red toggle up and down switches no longer working :( . On driver 311 they worked as the L2/R2 switches and worked perfectly. Now on 327 BETA Using V30 McLaren FW getting no inputs.
  • Hey all. I've just installed the latest 327 BETA driver. Playing on GT SPORT ONLY it feels night and day better. I'm really impressed. Only issue I've found is the McLaren GT3 rim, the red toggle up and down switches no longer working :( . On driver 311 they worked as the L2/R2 switches and worked perfectly. Now on 327 BETA Using V30 McLaren FW getting no inputs.
    thats "intendet" because as per the changelog they needed to change button mappings of the toggle switches of the McLaren to match the new Formula v2 button mapping. Games need to update the Fanatec PS4 SDK so you should forward this "issue" to Polyphony directly as this is nothing Fanatec can change, its fully up to the Game Dev here...
    edited February 2019
    Only issue I've found is the McLaren GT3 rim, the red toggle up and down switches no longer working :(
    Thank you. Please read the changelog! (Thx Maurice for explaining). We will have to gently ask Poliphony now because it was not their fault that the mappings changed now. 

Just stumbled on something. Noticed that the FF setting goes up to 100 then Aut followed by the ability to go to 200? P.S F1 2018:feels amazing with this new FW!
    Hi Joseph. Thx...we decided to temporarily inclease the max FF on XBO for those who got used to the massively oversaturated FFB on XBO we had before. The plan is to get back to normal levels after sometime. We don't want to bother anybodys experience because we resolved an issue.

After two Hours of testing in iRacing and F1 2018, "losing centre" issue is gone, or it is barely noticeable. Good job!
    Great! THX 4 feedback.

Thank you for this new driver package. Just tested it with ACC. Everything works fine  :)>-
    Thank you too! :-)

OMFG What a difference the XBOne fix has gone through. This is what I've been wanting to feel from the beginning. It brings back the pleasure in starting up that big black box, that was collecting dust. Thank you very much, Fanatec team :x
    Yea, the improvement on XBO is really dramatic now. We are very happy that you appreciate the improvement :-)

• with update from 324 to 326 Beta I notice FAN is often on, I try 327 if better
    edited February 2019
    with update from 324 to 326 Beta I notice FAN is often on, I try 327 if better
    @ Luca
    The driver does not control the fans and no (new) driver version will ever change the fan handling. Please check post #1 how to evaluate and post issues ;-) Thx. This package is so huge with so many pieces of software, so many optimizations that we need to keep things clear and reduce the confusion.
  • I've also noticed the fan in the CSL elite alot louder . When I first got the 311 driver the fan worked but was alot quieter
    I've also noticed the fan in the CSL elite alot louder . When I first got the 311 driver the fan worked but was alot quieter
    Would you please read what I am writing!? Just one single post above yours. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.