Fanatec Beta Driver V328 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels) - Release Candidate!

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
Hello Everybody,

We have a new release candidate driver V328 which could be the next final driver package for all recent product (back to the CSW V1). Here are the details:

VERSIONS: BETA
          Fanatec_32_driver_328 (dual-signed)
          Fanatec_64_driver_328 (dual-signed)
DATE: 02/22/2019

DRIVER CHANGES (since v326/v327):
1. Fixed MPS in ENC mode sometimes double trigger.
2. MPS slider in GUI has been optimized
3. Fixed notification of new firmware does not prompt.
4. Fixed MPS "Deactivated" text dissapear upon clicking apply button.
5. Fixed pedal calibration in setting page, tick/un-tick not working properly.
6. Flag LED test will not lit in unsupported wheel base.
7. New firmwares included:

- CSW V1 Base : CSW_Base_V626_rev1516_app (NEW)
   - CSW V2 Base : CSW_V2_Base_V627_rev1516_app (NEW)
   - CSW V2.5 Base : CSW_V2_5_Base_V628_rev1516_app (NEW)
   - CSL E Base : CSL_E_Base_V629_rev1516_app (NEW)
   - CSL E Base PS4 : CSL_E_PS4_Base_V630_rev1516_app (NEW)
   - RMCL : RMcL_V30_rev38_app
   - RFORMV2 : RFORMv2_V22_rev72_app (NEW) 
= ClubSport F1 2018 and ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2(X)

Driver Updates/fixes since official driver v311:
- Multi-Position Switch "Active - 11 positions (position 1 = OFF) is removed for Formula V2 wheels since Tuning Menu updates are making this obsolete
- rFrom V1 interface design can now be changed between "Formula Black", "Formula Carbon" and "F1 eSport" wheel
- CSW RFORM V2 implemented
- FFB bug fixed if an excessive amount of DICondition effects have been created simultanously
- Various bug fixes and improvements

FIRMWARE CHANGES/UPDATES AND FIXES:
  • XBox One FFB scaling has been corrected. (The overall FFB setting was was much too high/clipping/oversaturated on all WBs). FF setting on 100 results now in 100% FFB power on the XBO.
    We now allow the FF scale to be set up to 200(%) in XBO if somebody would actually miss the feeling which was accidentally created before. But we definitely suggest not going over 100 since this setting will definitely feel best. We might revise this setting later on to normal and intended levels.
  • UHX Button Island 5 socket is now working again (all WBs)
  • McLaren GT3 and Formula V2 wheel toogle switches unified (can temporarily cause issues in PS4 and PC games if they support only 32 buttons - games need to be updated)
  • CSL E WBs...maximum damper strength was too weak. Fixed!
  • CSW V1 sen limit bug fixed
  • CSL Elite Wheel Base de/recalibration issues (especially the 3° off bug)
  • CSL E WB+ / CSL E RW PS4: PS4 compatibility mode(s) reworked: Now accessed by pressing and holding the "Mode Button"
  • Firmware optimized to improve the new MPS (Multi Position Switch) "pulse" and "encoder" mode settings
  • Drift modes (+ values) have been optimized for CSL and ClubSport (V2, V2.5) bases.
  • Funky switch encoder (rotation function) of all wheels can now be supported by PS4 games. This has to be implemented by game developers with a new version of the Fanatec PS4 SDK
Fixes since 327:
  • Fixed: Wheel center calibration button combination does not work if the right button (joystick push) is pressed first
  • Fixed: Drift Modes for CSL E WB (XBO, PC) and CSL E WB+
  • Fixed: PS Button does also press the X button input on CSL E WB+ (PS4) when P1 or UHX are used

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
0. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue. Most likely it will be driver OR firmware.
1. Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
2. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
3. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
4. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:

Wheel Base Model (product ID): ....
Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
Driver Version: ....
Base FW Version: ....
Wheel FW Version: ....

Thank you very much!

We hope for your positive feedback! 

Comments

• So I'm really excited. csl elite base ps4 + csp v3. fw 328 engine firmware 018 feels really good now
  • Awsome!! LEt´s do it! :) (try it! :)
  • Akeem DorsetAkeem Dorset Member
    edited February 2019
    edited 2:34AM Flag
    On Drift mode setting 3, which is a neutral state (equivalent to OFF on other wheel bases), there is a bit of turning influence from the force feedback motor still making it too easy to turn when turning left and right quickly.

Hi,

where is this information coming from? 3 is not neutral and should not be as "OFF" in other bases"!?
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/faq/details&id=101 "

Armin, that was from the Driver V327 thread, so I'm continuing it here. The original Xbox model CSL Elite does not have negative drift values like its PS4 alternative or the CSW v2.5. Its more similar to the CSW v2. So, a drift value of "-5" on the CSL Elite WB PS4 or CSW v2.5 would be the equivalent of "OFF" on the CSL Elite WB Xbox model or CSW v2, because that is as low as their drift values go. Now with that in mind, "OFF" on the CSL E PS4 and CSW v2.5 means that the electronic damper is turned off. The equivalent of that on the CSW v2 and CSL E WB Xbox is drift mode “3”. Drift mode 3 on firmware v593 works perfectly. There is no motor assist or damper active when turning left and right quickly. On firmware v629 when turning left and right quickly, I can actually feel the motor assisting my turn. 

• Please contact Codemasters, the toggle switches are also not working anymore in F1 2018. As you mentioned in the previous firmware chat, this is not the failure of codemasters. THX
  • Please contact Codemasters, the toggle switches are also not working anymore in F1 2018. As you mentioned in the previous firmware chat, this is not the failure of codemasters. THX
    which platform? Which wheel?
    For me in F1 2018 the toggle switches on both the McLaren and F1 2018 Formula Wheel are working just fine in both directions, PC version.
  • @Klaus Korsten These switches never worked on ps4. Since the ps doesn’t support the buttons. Not sure what platform you are on though.
  • Sorry for missing the information :-)

Ok Platfrom WIN 10 64 bit
    Wheel McLaren GT3
    Base: CSL Elite Wheel Base+
    FW: 327

Within F1 2018 311 those switches where working, now not.
    Asuming that FW328 also not support the switches anymore.

• There is no FW 327 or 328, those are driver version numbers. Please don't mix-up those two different numbers as it makes it harder for everyone to follow this thread ;-) Did you re-assigned the functions in the options? The button mapping was changed so you have to re-assign the toggle buttons in every game so they use the new button number. As said, for me the switches are working fine so the issue is somewhere on your side I would say.
  • Klaus KorstenKlaus Korsten Member
    edited February 2019

Thanks for your advice and yes you are correct .

Yes, I tried to remap the switches within the two different sections, were it is possible to do so.

The first section, for the usage within the game, were I use the left toggle switch for “next camera” and there the switch is detected as 34. This is working within the game

Within the second section for the Menu control, where the switches are used as toggle switch right and left, I cannot change this. This will lead to the point, that I must use F7 & F8 on the keyboard to navigate.

Hope this gives more clarification.

• What is the proper Button combination to Center wheel using XBox 1 Hub???

If the Button combination has been changed why is there Not a New PDF with this information in it.

• What is the proper Button combination to Center wheel using XBox 1 Hub???

If the Button combination has been changed why is there Not a New PDF with this information in it.

Button combo for centering Xbox Hub did not changed. Only button change were the McLaren toggle switches up on both sides to match the button mapping of the new Formula V2 Rims.
  • edited February 2019

Thanks for your advice and yes you are correct .

Yes, I tried to remap the switches within the two different sections, were it is possible to do so.

The first section, for the usage within the game, were I use the left toggle switch for “next camera” and there the switch is detected as 34. This is working within the game

Within the second section for the Menu control, where the switches are used as toggle switch right and left, I cannot change this. This will lead to the point, that I must use F7 & F8 on the keyboard to navigate.

Hope this gives more clarification.

Menu control then simply is not working with the toggle switches. Why even use that one instead of the D-Pad which is Pre-configured to use in the Game Menu? Also up and down shifts do get you to the next tab, AFAIK this can't be remapped
  • I assume we are not talking about the same function within the menu control. I have attached a screen shot. Just to ensure we are on the same page. Those switches, with the shown function are predefined and I can not remap

Those switches where working, before I change the driver and FW

• I assume we are not talking about the same function within the menu control. I have attached a screen shot. Just to ensure we are on the same page. Those switches, with the shown function are predefined and I can not remap

Those switches where working, before I change the driver and FW

ah now we are talking.
    Yes this is because previously the toggle switches up on the McLaren were button no 7 and 8. After Firmware Update they are now 33 and 34. This was neccessary to get the identical mapping with the Formula v2 wheel Toggle switches. Its correct you cant map these functions, therefore you need to ask Codemasters in their Forums to update to the new Fanatec SDK with the newest button layout because this is nothing Fanatec can fix as this was an intendend and neccessary change where Games now need to be updated.
  • Akeem DorsetAkeem Dorset Member
    edited February 2019
    If what I'm saying is still unclear, here are some direct quotes from the FAQ page that you linked me.
    "DRI OFF now has NO dampening at all."  [So like I said, a neutral state on other bases (PS4 CSL and CSW V2.5)]
    "DRI3 should be a good compromise in most games for the CSW V2 to make the wheel turn easy and freely."  [Because the V2 and Xbox CSL Elite do not have negative drift values]
    Keep in mind that the CSW V2 and Xbox CSL Elite WB drift modes function exactly the same. DRI3 should in theory be a neutral state on these two bases just as how OFF on the CSW V2.5 is a neutral motor state. I never had this problem on firmware 593 with my CSL Elite WB (XBO, PC). Drift mode on the Xbox CSL Elite WB functions very differently than it does on the PS4 model because of the different technology used between them. I feel as though the DRIFT options for this firmware was optimized more around the PS4 CSL Elite and CSW V2.5 instead of the CSL Elite WB XBO and earlier CSW models. I just checked my drift mode again and this time, I checked all of them. When turning left and right quickly on every setting EXCEPT "OFF", I can feel the motor kicking in, and it is very off-putting in games that require quick and precise steering input. Basically, it feels like the wheel is turning on gears every time you rock the wheel left and right. Again this only happens on firmware 629.
  • Klaus KorstenKlaus Korsten Member
    edited February 2019

May I do it not get correct?

Fanatec changed something within their products. Because of this, something is not working anymore. Because of this I must ask another company to change something, to make it work again. To be strait this is strange!

:-?

OK, it was not my idea to make this change! So at least what I can expect that Fanatec will approach Codemaster, to make the change which is needed. Even Codemaster did not ask for this change.

Therefor I ask Fanatec to do this.

This was written by @Armin Habermann within discussion for 327
    Thank you. Please read the changelog! (Thx Maurice for explaining). We will have to gently ask Poliphony now because it was not their fault that the mappings changed now.

• May I do it not get correct?

Fanatec changed something within their products. Because of this, something is not working anymore. Because of this I must ask another company to change something, to make it work again. To be strait this is strange!

:-?

OK, it was not my idea to make this change! So at least what I can expect that Fanatec will approach Codemaster, to make the change which is needed. Even Codemaster did not ask for this change.

Therefor I ask Fanatec to do this.

This was written by @Armin Habermann within discussion for 327
    Thank you. Please read the changelog! (Thx Maurice for explaining). We will have to gently ask Poliphony now because it was not their fault that the mappings changed now.

yes, you should contact Codemasters. The more people ask them to update to the new Fanatec SDK with updated button layout the better the chance we will see this change in F1 2018, even if its very unlikely because the game is end of life..

As said, this change was neccessary because the Formula V2 wheels have so much buttons that the toggle switches on that rim have to be 31-34 and therefore to make wheel changes not a pain in the ass the toggle switches up of the McLaren needed to be adapted to this new button layout. This decision wont be reversed as already stated. So all we as the community can do is to ask the game devs to update their games (and I am sure Fanatec is also kindly asking game devs the same but as said the higher the "pressure" of the community in public is the higher is the chance that this change will indeed happen so please contact COdemasters in their forum directly).
  • No Comment!
  • edited February 2019
    IMO it feel like the total FFB output has been reduced i always used 50% on wheel FFB but Now i must use 65% on wheel FFB to get the same wheel strength....but this is Not a Bad thing because the wheel feels better than ever... the Center of wheel FFB seems to be Much better and FFB ramp up seems Smoother/Better...Ex: wheel does Not Go from Limp to Strong FFB all of a sudden.... Games tested PC Pcars2, Race Room, ACC & AC <--- Very Suprising AC FFB feels better than ever and is a Sim I would Actually play Now ---> AC FFB has always felt very Much like a Rubberband with No Real Road Feel or Curb Feel.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    This firmware feels so good! One of the most stable to date. The only issue is with Dirt Rally 2.0 ffb on Console. There is no road feel however it is an issue on Codemasters side that hopefully will get fixed. Fanatastic job on this package !
  • Brian BurrBrian Burr Member
    edited February 2019
    IMO it feel like the total FFB output has been reduced i always used 50% on wheel FFB but Now i must use 65% on wheel FFB to get the same wheel strength....but this is Not a Bad thing because the wheel feels better than ever... the Center of wheel FFB seems to be Much better because FFB ramp up seems Smoother/Better...Ex: wheel does Not Go from Limp to Strong FFB without Noticable a build up of FFB forces all of a sudden.... Games tested PC Pcars2, Race Room, ACC & AC <--- Very Suprising AC FFB feels better than ever and is a Sim I would Actually play Now ---> AC FFB has always felt very Much like a Rubberband with No Real Road Feel or Curb Feel.

What wheel settings are you using in AC?
  • Paul AuditorePaul Auditore Member
    edited February 2019
    Just updated to V328, and seem to be having a small issue.
    After about 20 minutes to half an hour of driving the wheelbase starts to feel like the bearings inside go 'notchy' when turning the wheel from the FFB, and progressively gets worse. Only happens when driving the car or when sitting in the garage, but when returning to menu when no FFB is used it feels smooth and normal again. Game is rFactor2.
    After turning the wheelbase off then back on again it returns to normal, until another 20 minutes or so then it starts again.
    Does it with both the F1LE steering wheel and the McLaren GT3 wheel. This concern started with the V327 update and is still present with the V328, and seems to be with the wheelbase driver/firmware as it happens with 2 different steering wheels.

Keep up the good work and hopefully we get a full release driver package soon!

Wheel Base Model: Clubsport V2
    PC Driver: 328, Base Firmware: 627
    Steering Wheel Model: F1 LE
    Wheel Firmware: 30
    Steering Wheel Model: McLaren GT3
    Wheel Firmware: 22
  • With spring off, it almost pulls the wheel to the center. Newest driver firmware, motor firmware and steering firmware
  • edited February 2019
    After about 20 minutes to half an hour of driving the wheelbase starts to feel like the bearings inside go 'notchy' when turning the wheel from the FFB, and progressively gets worse. Only happens when driving the car or when sitting in the garage, but when returning to menu when no FFB is used it feels smooth and normal again. Game is rFactor2.
    After turning the wheelbase off then back on again it returns to normal, until another 20 minutes or so then it starts again.
    Does it with both the F1LE steering wheel and the McLaren GT3 wheel. This concern started with the V327 update and is still present with the V328, and seems to be with the wheelbase driver/firmware as it happens with 2 different steering wheels.

i also can confirm this. It is like feeling "gears" inside the wheel.
    Game is also rFactor2, when closing the game it is back to normal. (also had it with driver V327)

Is it correct that the + values driftmode settings aren't speeding up more as it used to?
    I feel DRI +1 to 3 is a bit damped, like a negative value. When i turn the wheel it stops immediatly. The "off" setting is even less damped.... I can only feel the motor speeding up a tiny bit on +4 and +5.
    So i downgraded back to V311 to test and it was like it used to be. Now running V328 again.

Wheel Base Model (product ID):Clubsport V2.5
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): BMW GT2
    Driver Version: V328
    Base FW Version: 628

• IMO it feel like the total FFB output has been reduced i always used 50% on wheel FFB but Now i must use 65% on wheel FFB to get the same wheel strength....but this is Not a Bad thing because the wheel feels better than ever... the Center of wheel FFB seems to be Much better and FFB ramp up seems Smoother/Better...Ex: wheel does Not Go from Limp to Strong FFB all of a sudden.... Games tested PC Pcars2, Race Room, ACC & AC <--- Very Suprising AC FFB feels better than ever and is a Sim I would Actually play Now ---> AC FFB has always felt very Much like a Rubberband with No Real Road Feel or Curb Feel.
    You do know you can change the road, curb, slip etc feel manually in AC, right ;)
  • edited February 2019

IMO it feel like the total FFB output has been reduced i always used 50% on wheel FFB but Now i must use 65% on wheel FFB to get the same wheel strength....but this is Not a Bad thing because the wheel feels better than ever... the Center of wheel FFB seems to be Much better and FFB ramp up seems Smoother/Better...Ex: wheel does Not Go from Limp to Strong FFB all of a sudden.... Games tested PC Pcars2, Race Room, ACC & AC <--- Very Suprising AC FFB feels better than ever and is a Sim I would Actually play Now ---> AC FFB has always felt very Much like a Rubberband with No Real Road Feel or Curb Feel.
    As Armin already said, the FFB was not touched so this is some kind of placebo effect ;-) You should also try FF in the tuning menu at 100 and only adjust the FFB in Game as with FF 65 your motor does only output 5,2 Nm Torque at peak instead of the possible 8 Nm...
  • edited February 2019
    @ Maurice Böschen Nope I'm Good... 8Nm, 5Nm who cares what ever Nm Bottom line I like My wheel set where i like it and it feels Good to Me... We had this Discussion already :-@ No Need to rehash old stuff enjoy your wheel the way you like as I will Mine ;) .... Other than that as i stated FW 628 feels Great!!! Side Note WOW Its really hard to Imagine the FFB being even better when the DD line up is released \:D/ Its going to be a Glorious day when the DD2 arrives at My door... I'm going to take a few days off from work even :-B
  • Hello.

I have just got the mclaren wheel for the csl elite wheelbase.

i have a issue with the up-shift does not work sometimes, and it instantley goes 2 gears down when downshifting. 
    all the newest drivers is installed (v311) will this update help?

does anyone know what it could be?
  • Hello.

I have just got the mclaren wheel for the csl elite wheelbase.

i have a issue with the up-shift does not work sometimes, and it instantley goes 2 gears down when downshifting. 
    all the newest drivers is installed (v311) will this update help?

does anyone know what it could be?
    Just try it. If you still have issues then it's a hardware issue and you should contact support..
  • Paul AuditorePaul Auditore Member
    edited February 2019

i also can confirm this. It is like feeling "gears" inside the wheel.
    Game is also rFactor2, when closing the game it is back to normal. (also had it with driver V327)

Is it correct that the + values driftmode settings aren't speeding up more as it used to?
    I feel DRI +1 to 3 is a bit damped, like a negative value. When i turn the wheel it stops immediatly. The "off" setting is even less damped.... I can only feel the motor speeding up a tiny bit on +4 and +5.
    So i downgraded back to V311 to test and it was like it used to be. Now running V328 again.

Wheel Base Model (product ID):Clubsport V2.5
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): BMW GT2
    Driver Version: V328
    Base FW Version: 628

Just tried in iRacing, and can confirm issue still happens. Exactly the same as in rFactor2. Tried changing setting on the wheel with drift/ffb etc and nothing changed the 'notchy' gearing feel.
    Also tried reverting back to driver V311, and leaving wheelbase firmware V627 (Clubsport V2), and problem still remained. Narrowing it down to a possible firmware issue.
    Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.