Assetto Corsa (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited August 2021 in Assetto Corsa
General Notes:

- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for Assetto Corsa (PC). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that Assetto Corsa uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and tracks, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.

- Consider that the FFB strength can also be adjusted 'per car' via the in-game app.

- We recommend the setting ENABLE_GYRO=1 found in the assetto_corsa.ini file (default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\).

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080 (shown as 108 on some displays)
FF 50
FFS Peak
NDP 15
NFR 3
NIN 5
INT 2
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:
Invert: Unchecked
Gain: 50%
Filter: 0%
Min Force: 0%
Kerb Effects: 0%
Road Effects: 0%
Slip Effects: 0%
ABS Effects: 0%
Enhanced Understeer Effect: Unchecked
Half FFB Update Rate: Unchecked
Gamma: 1.00
Filter: 0.00
Speed Sensitivity: 0.00

Podium Wheel Base DD2

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 50
FFS Peak
NDP 15
NFR 3
NIN 5
INT 2
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI 002
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100
BRF User Preference

*SPR value has no effect.

In-Game Settings:
Gain: 65%

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -01
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
Gain: 65%

CSL Elite Wheel Base

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI 003
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
Gain: 75%

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -02
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100
BRF User Preference
FEI 070

In-Game Settings:

CSL DD (Compatibility Mode recommended)

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 100
FFS Peak
NDP 15
NFR Off
NIN Off
INT 4
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 50
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

Comments

• Is there a specific meaning behind the gain values with for example the DD series? Does a lower gain give more details? Or is it just to keep FFB strength to a specific level.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Is there a specific meaning behind the gain values with for example the DD series? Does a lower gain give more details? Or is it just to keep FFB strength to a specific level.
    It's mostly about finding a balanced strength level as a baseline. You could run the Tuning Menu FF value higher and the in-game strength lower, but in our testing we found that Assetto Corsa's overall FFB generally feels the best in the 'middle' of the gain range (running FF very high and the in-game settings very low did not feel as good as a higher in-game value with the base turned down). Basically anywhere between 50 and 75 works well. Lower in-game gain (which is then compensated for by the huge power of the direct drive bases) could in theory give you a wider dynamic range, but in this case, AC does not feel so great when the gain is set too low.
  • edited April 2019
    Suggestion Dominic: I've found, if you use Content Manager for Assetto Corsa, you can run the CSW v2.5 at Drift Mode OFF without oscillation by using 50% In-Game FFB combined with using the Experimental "Gyroscopic effect" settings. As long as the each car's FFB levels aren't clipping, it works very well for me...wheels feel a little lighter and a little more detailed than Drift Mode -01, but significantly reduced (and in most cases, eliminated) the oscillation.

Unlock Experimental Options: ON
    Gyroscopic effect: ON
    Damper Gain: 100%
    Minimum Damper Level: 20 - 30%

The F1 2018 LE Wheel I have needs about 27 - 30% Min Damper Level, the McLaren and Porsche Wheels are good with 20%...I'm assuming it's the diameter of the wheel rim? The F1 and McLaren rims are roughly the same weight.

--------

EDIT: Just noticed you suggested enabling Gyro using the .ini file, but the tuning settings for Gyro should be mentioned:

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
    ENABLE_GYRO=1
    DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.2 (or 0.3 as mentioned above)
    DAMPER_GAIN=1
  • Is the settings recommended with the torque key inserted ?
  • Is the settings recommended with the torque key inserted ?
    Yes.
  • Thank you 

• edited May 2019
    found my sweetspot after some hours of trying and testing:)
    very save to ride and strong, high natural damper is the key for healty thumbs and fingers :)
    it reaches arround 13nm max with this setting. 

dd1, pc mode

Tuning Menu Settings:
    SEN 900
    FF 60
    SHO 0
    ABS 0
    FOR 100
    SPR 0
    DPR 0
    NDP 80
    NFR 0
    BRF -
    FEI 50

In-Game Settings:

Gain: 94%

• found my sweetspot after some hours of trying and testing:)
    very save to ride and strong, high natural damper is the key for healty thumbs and fingers :)
    it reaches arround 13nm max with this setting. 

dd1, pc mode

Tuning Menu Settings:
    SEN 900
    FF 60
    SHO 0
    ABS 0
    FOR 100
    SPR 0
    DPR 0
    NDP 80
    NFR 0
    BRF -
    FEI 50

In-Game Settings:

Gain: 94%

Uih, NDP value of 80???!!! I personally would never suggest more than 50 and I never use more than 25. Such a high value gives incredible heavy Damping which you normally don't want. Also a FEI value of 50 softens things even more and dampens the feeling even more. Try to set this a bit higher, at least 80. The higher the better FFB you get. Also your in Game gain results in software Clipping. You should reduce it to something like 70 or 80 to not get Clipping.
  • Is it just me? I have the dd1 and followed these recommended steps and all I feel is self aligning torque. No real road feel at all. I enabled gyro as well. 
  • Is there a thread for ACC settings I can't find one?
  • Does AC vary it's output per car?

While the feel of the cars are very different, the peak strength seems to be similiar.
  • Is there a thread for ACC settings I can't find one?
    Assetto Corsa Competizione (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings
  • edited May 2019

CSL Elite Wheel Base

Tuning Menu Settings:
    FF 100
    SHO 100
    ABS User Preference
    DRI 003
    FOR 100
    SPR 100*
    DPR 100
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
    Hello.

Which Gamma value are you refering, the Gamma slider on the axis config section or the postprocessing force feedback gamma?

Many thanks. 
  • Slightly out of topic, but when I enable "soft lock" in Assetto Corsa it sets cars to specific rotations degrees as it should, but when the wheel reaches the turn limit, it doesn't just stop. It starts to rumble dramatically. There is no problem when I manualy set rotations. Anyone have a clue?
  • What is NDP and NFR setting? They are not showing up on my DD1 tuning menu.
    Those are damper settings and they HAVE TO show in the tuning menu of your DD1 if you are on the latest firmware v651
  • Have a bug with shifting. Can't shift after a restart of my pc even after calibrating again.
    DD! with universal hub (non XBOX),.
    Shift buttons are there but there is no shifting ingame from N to 1st gear. Buttons work fine in options in AC and in gamecontroller menu.
    Tried PC Mode and CSW V2.5 Mode. :(
    Those are damper settings and they HAVE TO show in the tuning menu of your DD1 if you are on the latest firmware v651

I had a play around with settings and the NDP and NFR only show up when the wheelbase is in V2.5 compatibility mode.

I had a play around with settings and the NDP and NFR only show up when the wheelbase is in V2.5 compatibility mode.
    This obviously should not be the case. Please reflash the firmware and see if you still don't get Natural Damper and Natural Friction in PC mode because they have to be there in pc mode as well.
    Hello.

Which Gamma value are you refering, the Gamma slider on the axis config section or the postprocessing force feedback gamma?

Many thanks. 
    It relates to the 'Steering Settings' section. I'm not sure what post-process force feedback gamma you are referring to.
    Have a bug with shifting. Can't shift after a restart of my pc even after calibrating again.
    DD! with universal hub (non XBOX),.
    Shift buttons are there but there is no shifting ingame from N to 1st gear. Buttons work fine in options in AC and in gamecontroller menu.
    Tried PC Mode and CSW V2.5 Mode. :(
    This sounds like some kind of controller conflict or a setting that has not been assigned correctly rather than a specific bug relating to the Podium wheel base.
  • The setting is correct. I can see that in the controller menu. It is working but not in the car. I am also able to shift in automatic mode in AC. In rF2 is all fine.
    The setting is correct. I can see that in the controller menu. It is working but not in the car. I am also able to shift in automatic mode in AC. In rF2 is all fine.
    Have you tried a full reset of AC's settings? You can do this by renaming the Assetto Corsa folder in Documents (next time you launch the game it will create a new folder and you won't have lost anything from the other folder).

This obviously should not be the case. Please reflash the firmware and see if you still don't get Natural Damper and Natural Friction in PC mode because they have to be there in pc mode as well.

Today I noticed that the NDP and NFR settings are not available in either of the PC or V2.5 modes. I tried to reflash the firmware and still no settings in either mode.
  • Is it just me? I cannot work out how to turn on the steering wheel LED bar, speed & gear indicator. Using DD2 with F1 2018 wheel & AC Content Manager
  • ¿Se trata sólo de mí? No puedo averiguar cómo encender la barra de LED del volante, la velocidad y el indicador de marcha. Usando DD2 con F1 2018 y AC Content Manager
    The same in AC
  • Is it just me? I cannot work out how to turn on the steering wheel LED bar, speed & gear indicator. Using DD2 with F1 2018 wheel & AC Content Manager
    The DD has to be in csw compatibility mode.
  • Ah, the setting that I over looked. Now it makes sense - Thanks!
  • How can I get help with my issue? I have contacted support via website and email and tried to join live chat but no response to the chat. The screen is glitched out on the DD1 The motor driver won’t update and only shows version 0 The NDP and NFR settings are missing for the tuning menu
  • What's the best way to compress the dynamic range in this game using the DDs? Low gain in in-game settings and high FFB on the wheel settings?

I mostly race F1 cars and they have such a huge difference between high and low speed that if I adjust it the way I want it for low speed corners, it gets way to strong in high speed corners, and opposite if I adjust for high speed corners I loose a lot of feeling in the low speed corners.
    What's the best way to compress the dynamic range in this game using the DDs? Low gain in in-game settings and high FFB on the wheel settings?

I mostly race F1 cars and they have such a huge difference between high and low speed that if I adjust it the way I want it for low speed corners, it gets way to strong in high speed corners, and opposite if I adjust for high speed corners I loose a lot of feeling in the low speed corners.
    It should be the other way around. I would not go above 75 on the in-game gain however. Adding some min force will also reduce dynamic range, but it could cause other problems (oscillation).