DiRT Rally 2.0 (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited June 2019 in DiRT
General Notes:
- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for DiRT Rally 2.0 (PC). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that DiRT Rally 2.0 uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and surfaces, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.

- Ensure steering and pedal axes are correctly calibrated by using the in-game Calibration Wizard. Once the steering axis is calibrated, DiRT Rally 2.0 will automatically apply the correct steering lock per car. If set correctly, the in-game wheel should rotate 1-to-1 with your steering wheel (the animation is most accurate when driver arms are disabled).

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™ (V2.5 Compatibility Mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080 (shown as 108 on some displays)
FF 40
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
NDP 25
NFR 3
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly connected to the Wheel Friction in-game setting.

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Feedback: On
Self Aligning Torque: 65
Wheel Friction: 15
Tyre Friction: 30
Suspension: 65
Collision: 40
Soft Lock: 40
Steering Centre Force Enabled: On
Steering Center Force: 40

Podium Wheel Base DD2 (V2.5 Compatibility Mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 40
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
NDP 25
NFR 3
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly connected to the Wheel Friction in-game setting.

In-Game Settings:
Steering Centre Force: 40

ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI 002
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:
Wheel Friction: 0
Tyre Friction: 20
Collision: 45
Soft Lock: 45
Steering Centre Force: 50

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -02
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
Collision: 45
Soft Lock: 45
Steering Centre Force: 50

CSL Elite Wheel Base

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI 003
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
Self Aligning Torque: 70
Wheel Friction: 0
Tyre Friction: 20
Suspension: 70
Collision: 50
Soft Lock: 50
Steering Center Force: 50

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 070

In-Game Settings:
Self Aligning Torque: 70
Suspension: 70
Collision: 50
Soft Lock: 50
Steering Center Force: 50

Comments

• Hello Dominic. Im on the PS4 DD wheelbase. 

Sensitivity setting recommended 108. Does this not mean to set the total wheel rotation at 108 degrees? 

I cant make sense of this, to me it seems sensitivity is basically total rotation range - which I would set at 540  for a rally car? And 360 in the F1 game for example (as you suggested)

So can you please explain what is the consequence of this SEN108 setting?
  • Hello Dominic. Im on the PS4 DD wheelbase. 

Sensitivity setting recommended 108. Does this not mean to set the total wheel rotation at 108 degrees? 

I cant make sense of this, to me it seems sensitivity is basically total rotation range - which I would set at 540  for a rally car? And 360 in the F1 game for example (as you suggested)

So can you please explain what is the consequence of this SEN108 setting?

108 on the wheel means 1080 degrees, as you can only tune the rotation in 10 degrees steps... 

• Using 1080 sensitivity is wrong for dirt ........ 100%
  • and in the controls I can tune the rotation in 1 degree steps. 

My question still stands, as Im pretty sure using 1080 in dirt is wrong. At least for me its impossible to drive with.
  • As the sensitivity for the CSW is 900 I´m pretty sure that Dom means 1080. When I tune my PRW/DD1 my wheel shows 108 and the Base 1080...
    I drive most of the games with Auto setting and let the game set the max. rotation as I like it the most realist as it get´s, 360 degrees is far to low in my opinion.
  • 2.0 sees DD1 as the wheel not comp 2.5. For some reason it does not see the shifters
  • These settings still felt pretty terrible to me. Did anyone try modifying the xml to get more detail out of the game? If so, what settings did you use?

Hoping once the software releases we can get better FFB from the raw telemetry. There also appears to be two settings in Dirt Rally 2. One showed Device Driver as the option. It is not in-font of me, so I cannot remember exactly but curious what these settings were used with.
  • edited May 2019
    DirtRally 2.0 recognizes the DD1. Can someone share the wheelbase and ingame settings with DD1 in native mode (PC). Or are those exactly the same as above described in CSW2.5 mode?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

and in the controls I can tune the rotation in 1 degree steps. 

My question still stands, as Im pretty sure using 1080 in dirt is wrong. At least for me its impossible to drive with.
    Hi Jonas, I have adjusted the lists to make it more clear that '108' does indeed mean '1080', and added a longer explanation about the in-game calibration at the top of the page. If you have correctly used the in-game calibration wizard, the steering should operate 1-to-1 on this setting. DiRT Rally 2.0 automatically applies the appropriate steering lock per car. So you can leave the base on 1080, and selecting a modern rally car will usually give you a 540 degree lock, whereas vintage rally cars can have 900 degrees or more.

You can of course lower this value after calibration to artificially accelerate the steering input, but this is less realistic.

DirtRally 2.0 recognizes the DD1. Can someone share the wheelbase and ingame settings with DD1 in native mode (PC). Or are those exactly the same as above described in CSW2.5 mode?
    Hi Brian, while the game does recognise the DD1 in PC mode, it is not functioning correctly (go to the calibration screen and you'll find there is a large dead zone in the steering rotation before it registers any input). This is why we are suggesting V2.5 mode. There is no performance difference between the two modes, the V2.5 mode is just there to improve compatibility, as is the case here.
  • edited May 2019
    mistake
    Torbjørn Mundal said:

No 1080 is not right! It has to be set at 900 to get it right!
    This is very easy to check yourself by looking at the wheel of the car you are driving
    This is not true. The game will create 1:1 steering at ANY value if you perform the in-game calibration after setting the limit in the Tuning Menu. As noted above, the animation is most accurate when the driver arms are disabled.
    Codemasters released an FFB update today, full information here:

For now our recommended settings remain the same, but we may make some small adjustments after testing.
  • edited May 2019
    Yes, you're absolutely right Dominic
    I had not calibrated after I went from CSW2.5 to DD2 as everything worked properly except steering wheel rotation
    So my mistake and thanks for setting me straight :)

• The only problem I have with DR2.0 now is that they have reversed revlights on the Fanatec steering wheel 1.4.0 and 1.4.1
  • The only problem I have with DR2.0 now is that they have reversed revlights on the Fanatec steering wheel 1.4.0 and 1.4.1
    Yes. Is the game problem?
  • Yes it is the game, it worked fine before V1.4.0 I have reported it to codemaster so hopefully it will be fixed quickly
  • edited May 2019
    These are my new settings after todays FFB update:

Podium Wheel Base DD2 (Native PC Mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:
    FF 55
    SHO OFF
    ABS OFF
    FOR 100
    SPR OFF*
    DPR 050*
    NDP 25
    NFR OFF
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 80

In-Game Settings:
    Self Aligning Torque: 60
    Suspension: 85
  • Hey Maurice, are the revlights reversed on your steering wheel?
  • edited May 2019
    Hey Maurice, are the revlights reversed on your steering wheel?
    Yes, thats obviously a bug of the game and needs to be reported to Codemasters. However, I dont know since when this issue is in the game because I never saw this because I usually drive DR 2.0 with a wheel which doesnt have LEDs but I just tried with a Formula v2 wheel and can confirm this issue with v 1.4.1.
  • Thank you very much, it appeared in 1.4.0 
    let's hope it gets fixed quickly, because I use the 918 RSR
    And thanks for the settings :)
  • Yes it is like that on the ClubSport Elite Wheel Base and the BMW GT2 rim as well.... i haven't done the 1.4.1 update this morning yet so I am not sure if it was fixed.   Hoping they fix that bug with the next update.
  • Has anyone gotten the handbrake to act as an anlog handbrake? It's either on or off right now. I have my handbrake plugged into the back on the dd1.
  • Anyone made any edits to their FFB settings since the new 1.4.1 update? I’ve found I’ve had to lower my Suspension to about 65 if not I feel this annoying ‘knocking’ on the wheel that feels like the wheel will pop off.
  • Hello Dominic, any news on updated settings?
  • Hello Dominic, any news on updated settings?
    Try these:

These are my new settings after todays FFB update:

Podium Wheel Base DD2 (Native PC Mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:
    FF 55
    SHO OFF
    ABS OFF
    FOR 100
    SPR OFF*
    DPR 050*
    NDP 25
    NFR OFF
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 80

In-Game Settings:
    Self Aligning Torque: 60
    Suspension: 85

• Maurice, thanks but I gess there's a big difference between Podium and CSL wheel bases.
  • Does anyone have recommended settings for the Forza CSR Elite wheel please and thank you?

:)
  • Anyone else having issues with wheel rotational sensitivity after the latest updates? Im using CSL Elite PS4 on PC driver 340. Have the wheel sensitivity set to 1080 but it is not matching individual car rotation - I have to keep setting it on an individual car basis to get it to match. 
  • I'm using CSL Elite PS4 and in Dirt Rally 2.0 the base LEDs (rpm) turn on the other way around (instead of turning on from left to right they turn on fromright to left when accelerating; does anyone else like this happen? I appreciate being informed if there is a solution
  • I'm using CSL Elite PS4 and in Dirt Rally 2.0 the base LEDs (rpm) turn on the other way around (instead of turning on from left to right they turn on fromright to left when accelerating; does anyone else like this happen? I appreciate being informed if there is a solution
    Yes, that's a game issue since a lot of months. Codemasters needs to fix this by implementing the newest Fanatec SDK but unfortunately they are VERY lazy and they don't seem to have any intention to fix this. You should post this issue in their forums and hope that they maybe have time to fix this sometime in the future.....