CSL Elite Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
General discussion for topics related to the CSL Elite Wheel Base (CSL E WB), CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4™ (CSL E WB+), and Racing Wheel variants: CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™ (CSL E RW PS4) and CSL Elite F1® Set - officially licensed for PS4™ (CSL E F1 SET).

Comments

• Hi, I have a short question... is the Clubsport Quick Release Adapter compatible with the CSL Elite PS4 steering wheel? I can't find any Information about it.
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited April 2019
    Hi, I have a short question... is the Clubsport Quick Release Adapter compatible with the CSL Elite PS4 steering wheel? I can't find any Information about it.
    If you mean can you mount the Clubsport Quick release adapter on a CSL Elite steering wheel P1 PS4 version, the answer is no.
    But there is a modification that allows this, of course you will lose the warranty with this modifcation.
  • Thanks!
  • How strong is the desk mount. is it ok like Thrustmasters?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    How strong is the desk mount. is it ok like Thrustmasters?
    In my experience it is stronger. But I recommend hard-mounting the base if possible.
  • Robert LaraRobert Lara Member
    edited May 2019
    I have a ClubSport V1 wheel base. I wanted to upgrade to the ClubSport V2.5. I was told that I could get the CSL Elite instead for a lower price and it would be just as good as the V2.5.  Looking at the online brochure, The ClubSport adds the following features over the CLS base, “Direct Sensor” Technology, Dual Hall Technology, Advanced Drift mode. I don’t know enough about each to determine if those are big enough differences to justify the price difference between the two.

I haven't been doing SIM racing for over 5 years and decided to get back into it. Trying to decide of upgrading my V1 to the CSL Elite or going for the V2.5 is worth it.

I have a ClubSport V1 wheel base. I wanted to upgrade to the ClubSport V2.5. I was told that I could get the CSL Elite instead for a lower price and it would be just as good as the V2.5.  Looking at the online brochure, The ClubSport adds the following features over the CLS base, “Direct Sensor” Technology, Dual Hall Technology, Advanced Drift mode. I don’t know enough about each to determine if those are big enough differences to justify the price difference between the two.

I haven't been doing SIM racing for over 5 years and decided to get back into it. Trying to decide of upgrading my V1 to the CSL Elite or going for the V2.5 is worth it.
    Hi Robert, the CSL Elite Wheel Bases are not at the same level as the ClubSport V2.5. The newer PS4 version (available as the CSL Elite Racing Wheel for PS4 and CSL Elite Wheel Base + for PS4) uses the same motor and motor driver as the ClubSport V2.5, which gives you the same FFB features (like the advanced drift mode) and a big chunk of the performance - but not all of it. This is because the belt drive mechanisms are very different. The ClubSport V2.5 uses a more sophisticated dual belt system, and it is more robust and smoother. The torque output is also higher due to a different reduction ratio.

CSL Elite Wheel Base + is higher performance than a ClubSport Wheel Base V1, but the ClubSport V2.5 is even higher. Moving from a ClubSport V1 base to a CSL might leave you wishing that you have gone for the V2.5 - while you'll gain some performance you might miss the material quality of the ClubSport base (the CSL Series uses more plastic in its construction).
  • Why CSL Elite PS4 is so coggy? It produces lots of noise at center zone which drives me mad actually. Is switching to a CSW base a solution to that? Thanks
    Why CSL Elite PS4 is so coggy? It produces lots of noise at center zone which drives me mad actually. Is switching to a CSW base a solution to that? Thanks
    That is not cogging. The CSL Elite PS4 uses the same motor as the ClubSport V2.5 base and it is very smooth. The noise generation you are referring to is related to the belt mechanism. This is explained here: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/669/symptom-knocking-noises-in-belt-driven-wheel-bases
  • Thanks for explanation, Dominic
    Can you please describe how CSW 2.5 behaves? Is it better (in terms of those noises)? 
    Thanks
    Regards
    Thanks for explanation, Dominic
    Can you please describe how CSW 2.5 behaves? Is it better (in terms of those noises)? 
    Thanks
    Regards
    Yes it's better. The ClubSport V2.5 base uses a completely different belt design and is considerably quieter (and smoother).
  • Hi my wheelbase CSL ELITE FOR PS4 is not turning on. When I press the power button continuously the fan will work however there is no power on the base itself.please help..ty..
    Hi my wheelbase CSL ELITE FOR PS4 is not turning on. When I press the power button continuously the fan will work however there is no power on the base itself.please help..ty..
    Please contact our support team.
  • Ward PatersonWard Paterson Member
    edited May 2019
    I have the PS4 CSL Elite, and 3-4deg each side of center point I get a knocking sensation (same as this video)

It doesnt happen as bad when the wheel is not loaded in game, but its pretty bad in game - especially when you change direction fast while driving..

Is this normal operation of the CSL Elite PS4??  Should I return for repair under warranty?
  • Have a question........will the CSL Elite PS4 work on a PS3?
    If not, anyway to get it to work?
  • Hello there,

Where can i find a clear description of the tuning menu for the CSL Elite Wheel base with a F1 2018 steering wheel attached +V3 pedals ?
    I do not know how to set some of the options !

Thx
  • edited May 2019

double post

• After Update GT Sport Patch 1.39 AbS Rumble in the Pedal doesnt work. Pls fix it nearly.
    After Update GT Sport Patch 1.39 AbS Rumble in the Pedal doesnt work. Pls fix it nearly.
    We are aware of the issue, it will be addressed but may require a new update from Polyphony.
  • Hi 

I have a complete CSL Elite setup (base, wheel, pedals with load cell kit) with the club sport shifter, mounted on a Next Level stand. My set was purchased from this site on 8/23/18. Actually, my cousin and I purchased the same exact components at the same time and he's having the same issues as me.

Issue #1
    It doesnt matter what racing game I play whether it's Forza Motorsport 7, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 4, Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa the shifter acts funky and unpredictable. If I am driving along with the shifter physically in third or fourth for example. In-game I will get shifted out of that gear and into a gear higher or lower..usually lower on its own randomly causing me to either spin out or have a massive drop in acceleration. It doesn't seem to matter if I power cycle the console, wheel base, re-seat all cables, reset the game, or calibrate the shifter. No I am not accidentally hitting the shifter. The stand is stable and doesn't vibrate excessively. I've never adjusted the screw to adjust how the shifter feels when switching gears. Everything has been left at its default settings from day one.

Issue #2
    The most recent thing as of today is putting the shifter in third physically and it getting registered as first in-game. I'll then put it in neutral then back up the third and it will register fine. Then randomly do it again. 

Issue #3
    As I am racing, the wheel will intermittently display S_ 1 and is pretty relentless. So I constantly hit the tool icon to make it go away. 

1. How can I make all of this stop?

2. Where/How can I get the latest drivers/firmware for the base? I don't see the Xbox One version of the CSL Elite on the site anymore and it's not listed in the discontinued drop down. I'm hoping that a firmware/driver update will remedy our issues. 

When everything is working the set is glorious and I love it. But right now I am at my wits end and cannot take it anymore. PLEASE HELP!!
  • Hi All

Looking for some assistance, I have the CSL Elite PS4 and have mislaid the power supply! Don't ask, have torn my house apart looking for it! Anyway Fanatec are unable to provide a replacement so I'm looking for the specs so I can get a replacement. Want to upgrade wheelbase with new F1 wheel and Podium shifters but no point until I get power!!

Thanks

Jonathan
  • Hi All

Looking for some assistance, I have the CSL Elite PS4 and have mislaid the power supply! Don't ask, have torn my house apart looking for it! Anyway Fanatec are unable to provide a replacement so I'm looking for the specs so I can get a replacement. Want to upgrade wheelbase with new F1 wheel and Podium shifters but no point until I get power!!

Thanks

Jonathan
    You need 24V-7.5A  power supply.
  • looking for the software for the csl elite wheel base, the xbox one..... not listed in downloads for drivers anymore......lost my boot drive and now can't find the DL for the control panel anywhere?????
  • Hi I've got a CSL Elite PS4, noticed recently noticed that when I come from a corner on to a straight my wheel is still at an angle but slowly then centres after a little wiggle of the wheel I've done the centre calibration many times but this still happens I play GT sport and F1 2019.
    Can someone help me with this matter.   
  • Hi, i have wheel base CSL Elite PS4, today i update base v658 firmware. How activate purple mode? Now i press mode button, and see only green, blue, red modes. Also i can activate yellow mode. But cant know how to activate purple. I need this mode for some ganes on my ps4.
  • Today i check v630 firmware, CSL Elite PS4. No have purple mode. Try activate it by wheel base Mode button and try activate by combination of buttons wheel. How activate purple mode v630 firmware or v658 firmvare?

Today i check v630 firmware, CSL Elite PS4. No have purple mode. Try activate it by wheel base Mode button and try activate by combination of buttons wheel. How activate purple mode v630 firmware or v658 firmvare?
    Try holding the mode button for longer.
  • Hi all, just got csl elite base and there is now a vibration while driving and play up and down. Less then 5 hours on the sim! Anyone else have this issue?
  • Hi all, just got csl elite base and there is now a vibration while driving and play up and down. Less then 5 hours on the sim! Anyone else have this issue?
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean, you'd better make a video.
  • my brand new csl elite is completely dead after very few hours of use (4 or 5 hours at most) yet it still has the CE mark?

good thing is that fanatec is working on replacing it, buut the quality control should really be improved i mean i used a cheap g29 for 3 years with no soft-hardware failures what so ever.