Advanced Podium Module

Just got my APM and installed it on my F1 2018 wheel. The shifter and clutch paddles work just fine but the two top paddles are not recognized as buttons or axis at all. Anyone else experiencing this?

Wheel Base Model CSW 2.5
Steering Wheel Model F1 2018
Driver Version: v335
Base FW Version: v639
Wheel FW Version: v27

Comments

• I should add, I have tried the different shift modes. That hasn't solved the issue.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Is this on console?
  • edited June 2019
    I’m on PC, Windows 10
  • Ian BrooksIan Brooks Member
    edited June 2019
    I've got a similar issue, the top two buttons and the analog paddles work but the shifters are not detected.

Edit - After updating drivers and firmware i have the same issue that you do.  Shifters and Analog paddles work.  Top two paddles not recognized.
  • edited June 2019
    I've got a similar issue, the top two buttons and the analog paddles work but the shifters are not detected.

Edit - After updating drivers and firmware i have the same issue that you do.  Shifters and Analog paddles work.  Top two paddles not recognized.
    Well that’s somewhat encouraging. Seems to be software related not hardware. Thanks for the info.
  • Add me to this list as well.   F1 2018 LE wheel...installed my APM's last night.  It shifts fine and see's the analog paddles but not the top 2.  

Glad to see others with issues as well....at this point I am assuming we just need to wait on a new firmware from Fanatec to fix the issue.
  • I have the exact same issue. On the F1 2019 wheel
  • edited June 2019
    I guess we are brothers in arms. I went ahead and submitted a support ticket and linked to this thread so we can get an official response. Feel free to do the same. The part of the product that works is lovely, hopefully we can get full functionality soon. :smiley:
  • I have the same issue.  Also on the Fanatec Wheel Properties Settings tab the "Show product picture with advanced Paddle Module"  is grayed out and not selectable.

• Thanks to a knowledgeable Facebook user he suggest to use the latest beta driver 336 found here: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/778/fanatec-beta-driver-v336-for-csl-csw-and-podium-bases-all-wheels#latest

They now work and show up in the properties page.  

Note - after you install new firmware and open the properties page hit the settings tab then back to the functions tab then they will show.
  • You’re the man Dave! Thanks for passing this on to us.
  • I can confirm as well on my equipment, the same as OP. Middle paddles and bottom axis's both work but top paddles do not.

Will try beta drivers when i am at my PC.

• Dave StosicDave Stosic Member
    edited June 2019
    Fanatec has taken note of the issue I beleive.

The product page for the APM's now directs you to the beta v336 drivers.

Last night it was at v335....so someone at Fanatec has been following this thread and/or read our emails.  Good job Fanatec....way to stay on top of stuff!
  • Bill KrauseBill Krause Member
    edited June 2019
    My paddles and clutch where on the function test properties page and passed all the functional tests with:

PC driver: 335
    WBF 653
    WBMF 30
    SWF 27

I'll leave mine at 335 and try it in iRacing.  

I was able to set the clutch but when I went to the SET 1 I did not see the APM in SET.  So I installed 336 and restarted the PC now the Fanatec Wheel Properties Page is gone.

Tried to install the 335 and it says I have a newer version already installed.  So I'm without a properties interlace.  Fanatec does not show up in the programs list.

Oh Well!

I was able to save a SET 1 for the AMG and a SET 2 for the HPD sucessfully.
    edited June 2019
    Hey,

The top 2 buttons need to be supported by the game. Eg They are mappable in ACC and AC. Raceroom they are not recognized currently
    Update: Sector3 (Raceroom) are working on getting increased max inputs which will allow full button mapping.
  • My issue is the other way around. The shifter paddles are not working. This is after the change to beta firmware too. I'm using a F1 2019 wheel, DD1 and V3 pedals & Fanatec Handbrake. V3's are connected to the PC directly.Everything else into the DD1 base.

I've tried changing the map options to throttle/brake, bite point and clutch. Nothing works.
    Are your shifter paddles recognized in the Fanatec control? Which Driver are you running?
  • Yes both sets of shifters work fine. I'm on 336 beta atm per this post. I'm about to do a down grade to see if there is any difference and then go back to 336 again.

I do have my V3's directly connected to my PC right now due to another issue with 335 drivers on DD1 wheel base but that shouldn't matter.
  • Ok so yeah same issue no matter what drivers I use. Guess I will put in another support ticket with Fanatec. 
  • Ok I found out the problem. I have a Xbox U-hub as well so I decided to test the podium paddles on that. They work fine on that. It's my 2019 F1 wheel that is the issue. Matter of fact after I plugged them back into the F1 wheel to try it one more time the clutch paddles were flickering so the connections are not working correctly.
    Yes so best bet is to connect with Support. Might seem obvious but are the PAPM connectors push in all the way on the F1 wheel?

• Yes of course they are. It's a issue with the wheel.
  • Same issue here. Top paddles are not mappable in F1 2019.
  • Same issue here. Top paddles are not mappable in F1 2019.
    That's a game issue and you have to contact Codemasters to ask them to implement these in the game.
  • edited June 2019
    Same issue here. Top paddles are not mappable in F1 2019.
    Try a program like “AntiMicro” which allows you to map buttons on your wheel to your keyboard. Try mapping the top paddles to an arbitrary key on your keyboard like say “A” and “G” for for each paddle respectively, then map those keys to what ever you wish in F1 2019. Say for instance in game set your engine braking to increase with the “A” key and decrease with the “G” key. Then if you have the paddles mapped to those keys the game won’t tell the difference between the keyboard commands or you pressing the paddles.
  • I don't knows if it's the right place to ask for it but... If I use the advanced podium module with a normal steering wheel, how can I access to telemetry on the wheel base... without funky switch ?
  • I don't knows if it's the right place to ask for it but... If I use the advanced podium module with a normal steering wheel, how can I access to telemetry on the wheel base... without funky switch ?
    You mean with the Podium Hub? You need FanaLab to make any Tuning Menu adjustments for that.
  • just ordered today the Podium Advanced Paddle Module and I hope it will work perfect on my F1 208 LE rim and my CSW 2.5 Base. Just would like to know which driver version I have to install, currently I'm running the latest official released Drivers 64Bit V334.

I would like to know also, which buttons (numbers) are mapped to the additional paddles and axis and how the mapping is looking. I guess that I will receive the module on friday this week, meanwhile and in advance I would like to configure my future button assignment for several sims I'm driving.

For the rim there is the detailed button mapping available in the manual, not so for the paddle module and haven't found anything related on that. by example, button no. 5 & 6 are mapped for Shifting up/down on the F1 2018.

That's why it would be great to get these information in advance.

• edited March 2020

You need at least driver 336 to get the APM recognized by the Base, better is driver 347.

• Hi Maurice

thanks for your quick reply. 3.36 or versions above are still betas, no problem to install? What is the best mapping for sims like PC2, F1 2019 and R3E together with the F1 2018 LE rim and CSW 2.5 base?

Could you mention me the technical mappings, like button no 6 is assigned to the default left shifting paddle, 6 for the right by example. I guess the bottom paddles are 2 new axis which will be available then, but which button numbers have the shifting and the 2 top paddles on the module?

Would be great to hear from you again and many thanks for your kind support.