Fanatec Beta Driver V340 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
Hello Everybody,

Changelog of V340:

A. Driver 
1. Added functionality for upcoming products.
2. Added Wheel Center Calibration button in the Setting page.
3. Removed the MPS "Active - 11 positions (position 1 = OFF) for McLaren" in the Settings page. (this was there to workaround issues with older games that don't like constantly active buttons but now there is the MPS Tuning Menu setting Pulse to solve this)
4. Fixed issue that the WB FW shows 0 instead of wheel base current FW version.
5. Firmwares included:
   - CSW V1 Base : CSW_Base_V658_rev1632_app (NEW)
   - CSW V2 Base : CSW_V2_Base_V658_rev1632_app (NEW)
   - CSW V2.5 Base : CSW_V2_5_Base_V658_rev1632_app (NEW)
   - CSL E Base : CSL_E_Base_V658_rev1632_app (NEW)
   - CSL E Base PS4 : CSL_E_PS4_Base_V658_rev1632_app (NEW)
   - DD Base : PDW_DD_Base_V658_rev1632_app (NEW)
   - EBLDC : CSLEWBPS4_CSWBV2.5_EBLDC_V22_rev335_app
   - EBLDC DD10 : PWBDD1_EBLDC_V30_rev356_app 
   - EBLDC DD20 : PWBDD2_EBLDC_V30_rev356_app
   - RMCL : RMcL_V30_rev38_app
   - RFORMV2 : RFORMv2_V28_rev113_app
   - WQR : PWBDD_WQR_V6_rev65_app

B. Firmwares:
- Fixed the issue where the base froze when changing tuning menus settings with USB command and stopped working
- Added AUTO mode for MPS setting of tuning menu for McLaren
- Removed TM entry APM from tuning menu when no APM is detected
- Fixed Clutch Bite Point displayed in a smaller font size on OLED displays sometimes. 
- Fixed the issue of Soft Lock Endstop being too weak on CSW V1
- Added new power button feature for Podium DD
- Pressing the power button for 1 second, disables torque
- Message "Torque disabled by Powerbutton" displayed on OLED
- Pressing again for 1 second enables the torque again
- Accidentally increased time to shut off the DD to 5 seconds, sorry for that, will be fixed and further improved from how it was originally. 

Known Issues:
  • The "notchy" issue of CSW V2.5 and CSL E PS4 which some testers experienced is still under investigation and couldn't get fixed yet. I've attached motor firmware V20 which has less coil whine than V18 and less notching than V22 according to some testers. 
  • DD has new power button handling but the time to shut it off is longer than planned. You have to press and hold the button for at least 5 seconds until it shuts off. We will reduce this time and add a pop up message when you've pressed long enough. 

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
0. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue. Most likely it will be driver OR firmware.
1. Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
2. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
3. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
4. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:

Wheel Base Model (product ID): ....
Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
Driver Version: ....
Base FW Version: ....
Wheel FW Version: ....

Thank you very much!

We hope for your positive feedback! 

Comments

• Do you recommend to uninstall old driver first? Or there's no need for that?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Uninstall previous and restart before updating to new driver package.

• Thx. Installed and works ok. 
    Yep I admit I did not read above changes/instructions first...
    Huh? How to turn off the DD1 now?? Aaaah push and hold the button a couple of seconds longer. 
    Works perfect and (for me) that is absolutely not an issue. 5 seconds after some stressfull races is an extra relief
  • Do you recommend to uninstall old driver first? Or there's no need for that?
    Yes, you should always Uninstall the old driver first. It's not really necessary to restart the pc or even Defrag your HDD/SDD or using CCleaner etc (which can even harm your system when you do it too often) before installing the new driver but after the new driver is installed you will get prompted to restart the pc which after the driver install is indeed necessary.
  • In the smaller zip there are motor firmware V18 and motor firmware V22, not V20 one.
  • CSL Elite ps4
    PC Driver: 340
    Wheel Base Firmware: 658
    Wheel Base Motor: 18

Hi marcel

No forcefeed back on ps4

Still this issue persists with this the latest firmware 

I ve tried doing the update with and without the rim attached
    also i noticed it doesn't recognise the pc on connection like it used to firmware v330

i have no issue with any other firmware bar these V336  V340  i struggling to pin down the issue 

V330 works without any of these issue's i have mentioned above :(
  • It's not really necessary to restart the pc or even Defrag your HDD/SDD or using CCleaner etc (which can even harm your system when you do it too often)
    Sorry for being completely off topic, but that's something I need to say something about - defragmenting even harms a SSD. If you have a SSD it is completely unnecessary and just wastes read/write cylces. And that leads to a shorter lifecycle of the SSD. That's why newer Windows versions are automatically disabling the automatic defragmentation of SSDs ;)
    So never ever defrag a SSD!

And to come back to the topic, the driver and firmware works quite fine with my DD2. Nothing unusual besides the things I already mentioned for 336.
  • It's not really necessary to restart the pc or even Defrag your HDD/SDD or using CCleaner etc (which can even harm your system when you do it too often)
    Sorry for being completely off topic, but that's something I need to say something about - defragmenting even harms a SSD. If you have a SSD it is completely unnecessary and just wastes read/write cylces. And that leads to a shorter lifecycle of the SSD. That's why newer Windows versions are automatically disabling the automatic defragmentation of SSDs ;)

And to come back to the topic, the driver and firmware works quite fine with my DD2. Nothing unusual besides the things I already mentioned for 336.
    100% correct but there are some people who advise to Defrag your ssd everytime you Uninstall or install a driver, therefore the advice to not Defrag after Uninstall as it's totally unnecessary ;)
  • Newer windows versions don't defrag ssd's, just performs trim command if you ask to defrag, and with that there's nothing wrong...
  • Jared McClureJared McClure Member
    edited July 2019
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL Elite+PS4 
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ClubSport F1 2018 Limited Edition Rim
    Driver Version: 336 and 340
    Base FW Version: 656 and 658
    Wheel FW Version: 28

The ABS motors stopped working on my ClubSport V3 pedals.  If i restart my wheel base and go into the tuning menu before I connect to the Playstation the ABS motor works fine.  As soon as I connect to the Playstation 4 the ABS rumble stops working.  Also the LEDs that light up on the wheel to show how much your pushing the brake pedal in stop working.  I tried the work around for the Podium wheelbase floating around and it did not help.  I tested the motors on the computer and they respond as they should, cant test in a game because I just have an old laptop I use to update the base.  I updated to 336 on June 7th and think it was working for awhile but now I'm not sure.  I cant remember if there was a firmware update between today and June 25th because I swear when I first got F1 2019 it was working as it should.  In fact on June 27th i told somebody on a different thread that all was working fine.  Now I'm starting to call all that into question.  So I went ahead and tested before I updated to 340 and its associated firmwares and came to the conclusion it wasn't working properly on 336 and associated firmwares. Can somebody provide me the steps to uninstall firmware and reinstall the older firmware. Also because I'm playing on PS4 I shouldn't have to walk back the driver to 336, correct? I just need to downgrade the firmware, specifically base firmware, as the motor or wheel firmware shouldn't affect it?  I am going to copy and paste this to the v336 page as well since it was happening right before I did this update.  Also how can I go about finding the older firmware files?
    Edit: Tested F1 2019 again and discovered that both do work but you have to have ABS and TC turned on in the assist menu for it to work. ABS vibrates when the ABS system kicks in and the accelerator motor kicks in when your tires start to slip (I’m assuming when TC kicks on). Doesn’t work on GTS though as far as I can tell. I run weak ABS in GTS and nothing happens when the ABS engages.
  • - Fixed the issue of Soft Lock Endstop being too weak on CSW V1

ha! the issue I reported ^.^
    thanks for fixing it. I'm rocking a DD1 PS4 now, but I'll let my friend know. He got my CSWv1 :)
  • edited July 2019
    It's not really necessary to restart the pc or even Defrag your HDD/SDD or using CCleaner etc (which can even harm your system when you do it too often)

100% correct but there are some people who advise to Defrag your ssd everytime you Uninstall or install a driver, therefore the advice to not Defrag after Uninstall as it's totally unnecessary ;)
    To be honest i don't see how defragging your HDD/ Disk Drive is any worse than uninstalling and installing DR and FW 100's of times???

Windows 10 64bit  / DR 340
    DD2 FW 656
    Motor FW 30
    Xbox1 Hub w/APM

The APM shifters dont even show up in the tuning menu and when they do they don't calibrate correctly 7 out of 10  times... 1 of the shifters will only show half input when set to AnA mode.

Pardon the Crappy video Quality... just My mood...Tired Of Deleting, Installing and Testing Dr and FW... i just want to Race and Enjoy.

Back to DR 334  and FW  656 i go its the only 1 that works well for Me and feels Great with all games.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    In the smaller zip there are motor firmware V18 and motor firmware V22, not V20 one.
    Sorry, here is it with V20
    CSL Elite ps4

Hi marcel

No forcefeed back on ps4

also i noticed it doesn't recognise the pc on connection like it used to firmware v330

i have no issue with any other firmware bar these V336  V340  i struggling to pin down the issue 

That's weird, I tried your combination and I have FFB. Which games and with which steering wheel do you have this issue?
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL Elite+PS4 

The ABS motors stopped working on my ClubSport V3 pedals.  If i restart my wheel base and go into the tuning menu before I connect to the Playstation the ABS motor works fine.  As soon as I connect to the Playstation 4 the ABS rumble stops working.  Also the LEDs that light up on the wheel to show how much your pushing the brake pedal in stop working.  I tried the work around for the Podium wheelbase floating around and it did not help.  I tested the motors on the computer and they respond as they should, cant test in a game because I just have an old laptop I use to update the base.  I updated to 336 on June 7th and think it was working for awhile but now I'm not sure.  I cant remember if there was a firmware update between today and June 25th because I swear when I first got F1 2019 it was working as it should.  In fact on June 27th i told somebody on a different thread that all was working fine.  Now I'm starting to call all that into question.  So I went ahead and tested before I updated to 340 and its associated firmwares and came to the conclusion it wasn't working properly on 336 and associated firmwares. Can somebody provide me the steps to uninstall firmware and reinstall the older firmware. Also because I'm playing on PS4 I shouldn't have to walk back the driver to 336, correct? I just need to downgrade the firmware, specifically base firmware, as the motor or wheel firmware shouldn't affect it?  I am going to copy and paste this to the v336 page as well since it was happening right before I did this update.  Also how can I go about finding the older firmware files?
    Edit: Tested F1 2019 again and discovered that both do work but you have to have ABS and TC turned on in the assist menu for it to work. ABS vibrates when the ABS system kicks in and the accelerator motor kicks in when your tires start to slip (I’m assuming when TC kicks on). Doesn’t work on GTS though as far as I can tell. I run weak ABS in GTS and nothing happens when the ABS engages.
    Because F1 2019 supports vibration motors natively the ABS feature is deactivated to not interfere with it.
    We talked to the GT Sport developers, they are working on native support as well and it seems they did a partially implementation which deactivates ABS but they don't have their telemetry paired yet to activate the vibration motors.
    We are investigating if there is a general issue with this feature because it's quite confusing that it works for us in the PS4 main menu which means it's in general working, also firmware versions didn't make a difference in our testing and everything started with a GT Sport update. 

To downgrade the firmware you need to connect the Base to the PC, delete the new driver, install the old one and then flash the firmware manually in the update section of the driver interface. Should be described in the manual. 
  • Hi, I'm on PC and this also happened with 336 driver, the rumble on pedals and wheel work, but as soon as I opem f1 2019 they stop working... DD2 FV2 CSP V3
    To be honest i don't see how defragging your HDD/ Disk Drive is any worse than uninstalling and installing DR and FW 100's of times???

DD2 FW 656
    Motor FW 30
    Xbox1 Hub w/APM

The APM shifters dont even show up in the tuning menu and when they do they don't calibrate correctly 7 out of 10  times... 1 of the shifters will only show half input when set to AnA mode.

Pardon the Crappy video Quality... just My mood...Tired Of Deleting, Installing and Testing Dr and FW... i just want to Race and Enjoy.

Back to DR 334  and FW  656 i go its the only 1 that works well for Me and feels Great with all games.

Regarding the clutch paddle input: Did you get a mail from us describing that there are issues with older UHX not supporting the APM perfectly?

Regarding the driver only recognizing the APM before going to a different page: Are the APM inputs detected in-game properly and is only a problem of the driver interface itself?
    edited July 2019
    Hi, I'm on PC and this also happened with 336 driver, the rumble on pedals and wheel work, but as soon as I opem f1 2019 they stop working... DD2 FV2 CSP V3
    Because F1 2019 supports rumble motors natively now with their telemetry. This deactivates the ABS Tuning Menu feature so both doesn't interfere with each other. But it seems they've implemented them only when using ABS and TC and those are actively working.
  • Hi, I'm on PC and this also happened with 336 driver, the rumble on pedals and wheel work, but as soon as I opem f1 2019 they stop working... DD2 FV2 CSP V3
    Because F1 2019 supports rumble motors natively now with their telemetry. This deactivates the ABS Tuning Menu feature so both doesn't interfere with each other. But it seems they've implemented them only when using ABS and TC and those are actively working.
    Oh ok Marcel, I don't use assists so I didn't noticed that... Thanks for the info!
  • CSL Elite ps4

Hi marcel

No forcefeed back on ps4

That's weird, I tried your combination and I have FFB. Which games and with which steering wheel do you have this issue?
    i use the F1 limited edition 2018 rim

just on ps4 every game its just like its not reconizing i'm connected to the ps4 pro (yes i'm in blue mode)
    Also when i connect my base and turn it on via the pc the wheel dont atomaticly detect that i'm connected to pc and with any other firmware it does

I will make a video of this issue if you think it may be useful

but any other firmware before v336 and v340 works perfect 

Typical Codemasters that f1 could and should be twice the game it is 
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL Elite+PS4 

Because F1 2019 supports vibration motors natively the ABS feature is deactivated to not interfere with it.
    We talked to the GT Sport developers, they are working on native support as well and it seems they did a partially implementation which deactivates ABS but they don't have their telemetry paired yet to activate the vibration motors.
    We are investigating if there is a general issue with this feature because it's quite confusing that it works for us in the PS4 main menu which means it's in general working, also firmware versions didn't make a difference in our testing and everything started with a GT Sport update. 

To downgrade the firmware you need to connect the Base to the PC, delete the new driver, install the old one and then flash the firmware manually in the update section of the driver interface. Should be described in the manual. 
    Ok, thanks for the response Marcel! Makes a lot more sense now. Hopefully GTS get it sorted from their end and hopefully Codies can be convinced to allow the use of the rumble motors without having to uses their assists! Have a nice day and as always thank you for a speedy response! -Jared
  • Julian LipkeJulian Lipke Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi, I'm on PC and this also happened with 336 driver, the rumble on pedals and wheel work, but as soon as I opem f1 2019 they stop working... DD2 FV2 CSP V3
    What astupid idea to only implement it when using ABS and TC. Even F1 2018 supported those features without using ABS or TC.

EDIT: So according to David Greco (senior designer handling Codemasters) this is intentional to simulate ABS and TC. Which actually doesn't make sense to me.
    There is a thread at Codemasters forum discussing this. Maybe if enough people suggest inverting it so it functions without assists, they might change it.
    i use the F1 limited edition 2018 rim

just on ps4 every game its just like its not reconizing i'm connected to the ps4 pro (yes i'm in blue mode)
    Also when i connect my base and turn it on via the pc the wheel dont atomaticly detect that i'm connected to pc and with any other firmware it does

I will make a video of this issue if you think it may be useful

but any other firmware before v336 and v340 works perfect 

So it's not only the FFB that doesn't work, it's also the inputs and you can't navigate through the PS4 main menu using the Funky Switch?
  • edited July 2019

DD2 FW 656
    Motor FW 30
    Xbox1 Hub w/APM

Back to DR 334, FW  656 i go its the only 1 that works well for Me and feels Great with all games.

Regarding the clutch paddle input: Did you get a mail from us describing that there are issues with older UHX not supporting the APM perfectly?

Regarding the driver only recognizing the APM before going to a different page: Are the APM inputs detected in-game properly and is only a problem of the driver interface itself?
    Hello Yes I received the Email regarding the Clutch Paddle input...Take Note that with DR 334, FW 656, Motor FW 30 the APM unit/ Paddles always register in the Fanatec wheel properties page and in Game...  The Paddles as described in the Email will reach and show in the properties page 100% input within 50% of the full range of paddle travel....This for me is not a Huge problem because every thing works consistently.

DR 340 , FW 656, Motor FW 30 the APM unit will Not show up in the Fanatec wheel properties page until I click to another page or Close and re open the wheel properties page...Seems the APM is its Not being Auto detected as intended with New FW....

when the paddles are detected and work correctly the 50% travel range issue is Fixed and 100% input is only reached when you have pressed paddles 100%...The problem is it detects the APM unit correctly Randomly....some times it works 100% some times it doesn't.

PC Windows 10/64bit 
    Wheel DD2
    v3i Pedals

This New DR/FW shows improvement in APM Paddle Travel range but is unstable because APM is Not detected correctly most times
    DR 340
    DD2 FW 656
    Motor FW 30
    Needs more optimizing.

For Me the Best DR/FW combo that works 100% with Great Feel in All Games is
    DR 334 
    FW  656
    Motor FW 30
    Works Perfect 100% of the time... everything detected and works as intended except for shorter travel range with paddles...Note Once you adjust and get used to it its Not a Big deal...In fact the shorter paddle travel range can be beneficial... quicker and just as precise once you get your timing correct.

Edit: Could a Automatic wheel shut Off be put in Future wheel FW??? Ex 1 hour with No user input wheel will turn its self Off... I ask because after I'm done using the wheel I like to let the wheel cool down 20 min or so before shutting it off.

DD2 FW 656
    Motor FW 30
    Xbox1 Hub w/APM

Back to DR 334, FW  656 i go its the only 1 that works well for Me and feels Great with all games.

Hello Yes I received the Email regarding the Clutch Paddle input...Take Note that with DR 334, FW 656, Motor FW 30 the APM unit/ Paddles always register in the Fanatec wheel properties page and in Game...  The Paddles as described in the Email will reach and show in the properties page 100% input within 50% of the full range of paddle travel....This for me is not a Huge problem because every thing works consistently.

DR 340 , FW 656, Motor FW 30 the APM unit will Not show up in the Fanatec wheel properties page until I click to another page or Close and re open the wheel properties page...Seems the APM is its Not being Auto detected as intended with New FW....

when the paddles are detected and work correctly the 50% travel range issue is Fixed and 100% input is only reached when you have pressed paddles 100%...The problem is it detects the APM unit correctly Randomly....some times it works 100% some times it doesn't.

PC Windows 10/64bit 
    Wheel DD2
    v3i Pedals

This New DR/FW shows improvement in APM Paddle Travel range but is unstable because APM is Not detected correctly most times
    DR 340
    DD2 FW 656
    Motor FW 30
    Needs more optimizing.

For Me the Best DR/FW combo that works 100% with Great Feel in All Games is
    DR 334 
    FW  656
    Motor FW 30
    Works Perfect 100% of the time... everything detected and works as intended except for shorter travel range with paddles...Note Once you adjust and get used to it its Not a Big deal...In fact the shorter paddle travel range can be beneficial... quicker and just as precise once you get your timing correct.

Edit: Could a Automatic wheel shut Off be put in Future wheel FW??? Ex 1 hour with No user input wheel will turn its self Off... I ask because after I'm done using the wheel I like to let the wheel cool down 20 min or so before shutting it off.
    A sleep mode for all wheels (after 20min no movement) would be awesome!  
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    I still don't understand how these firmware updates work.
    I have a CSL Elite for PS4 with Elite LC pedals and 3 rims: the Elite PS4 rim, the Elite Xbox rim and the McLaren rim.

I know how to do the update with the Elite PS4 rim or Elite Xbox rim.
    But what I don't understand is:
    - If I do the update with one of the Elite rims, how does my McLaren rim get updated? Do it all over again with the McLaren rim?
    - How to do the update with the McLaren rim? I have no idea which buttons to push to get through the update, it's not in the manual.
    Attach the McLaren rim and go into “Update” tab if you get a message that there is a new wheel update available. If you don’t get a message than you either have the latest fw available or you need to download a new Driver package. The current one is V340.
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    Yes but after the update you need to calibrate everything and I remember that is where I had the problem, no idea what buttons to push on the McLaren.
This discussion has been closed.